Catholics in Denial

I'm not saying I'm excepting anything that I don't know already. One we all need to be careful of what we read and how we interpreter it, next what are we all gonna do to fix it? Say it and give us a idea here and don't mess with me on my beliefs. I wanted to get a better understanding and for that I'm now in a situation where I'm in denial! How in the hell did that happen?

You chose denial. Remember? Earlier in the thread? Why did you do that? It's easier.

I'm not saying I'm excepting anything that I don't know already. One we all need to be careful of what we read and how we interpreter it, next what are we all gonna do to fix it? Say it and give us a idea here and don't mess with me on my beliefs. I wanted to get a better understanding and for that I'm now in a situation where I'm in denial! How in the hell did that happen?

So he's against organized religion..There it is took a few posts but . I agree the church provides leadership and foundation for believers to explore and understand their faith better. Those who have the time to study theology extensively as the Pope and other clergy do, adding the amount of time they pray, fast, and reflect on the bible is enough to gain my attention and respect enough to listen to what they have to say. Are all priests and Popes holy ?, of course not they are mortal men subject to sin like the rest of us, but in general most of them are much holier than the average parishoner. Im very comfortable with that.

Im asking you to explain how the Pope is a heretic.

Basically his continuance of the ecumenical/ one world religion direction of the catholic church. We should not seek fellowship with jihadists. We shouldn't pray to allah along side muslims. The god of christ is not allah. I believe allah is satan, actually.

I'm not excepting corruption, I'm speaking about faith and alliance to my God. All I'm after here.

and you have resigned yourself to accepting the fact that higher ups may be corrupt. That's accepting corruption. I also recall you saying you're planning on choosing denial. I see you did.

and you have resigned yourself to accepting the fact that higher ups may be corrupt. That's accepting corruption. I also recall you saying you're planning on choosing denial. I see you did.

You never answered my question earlier about how would someone exactly protest and make a stand against corruption? Let me see what you are made of here, because this ain't spin the bottle on truth or dare!

according to the Pope, Romeo here is the heretic.

Honestly, I couldn't care less who thinks of me as a heretic nor do i care to label others as such. we are all entitled to worship the Lord as we choose. Ill do what I can to stand for truth and whats right, but im not going to waste my time attacking others over it.

I wil spend time pursuading others to listen to me though.

You have to pick and chose your battles, and its better to use a method that is effective.

Basically his continuance of the ecumenical/ one world religion direction of the catholic church. We should not seek fellowship with jihadists. We shouldn't pray to allah along side muslims. The god of christ is not allah. I believe allah is satan, actually.

There we agree I do not believe we should ever seek fellowship with evil, pray for it yes, see it for what it is yes, which is what I believe he is saying without actually saying it that way.. However that doesn't make the Pope a heretic. I have many disagreements with the vatican over some changes made, for example the second vatcian counsel was in my opinion evil influencing the church to modernize and take the holiness out of the mass and the divinity away from Christ making the mass ordinary and bland. To this day I refuse to take the host in my hands, and will only take communion from a priest directly. I believe masses should be said in Latin as well as sung in Latin. People should be kneeling when they take the host. Evil has crept into the vatican several times over the years, especially in the ealry days of the Pope. This pope I believe is genuinely holy as was Pope before him.

according to the Pope, Romeo here is the heretic.
Yep. So it's up to the fair reader to decide what is legitimate.
Honestly, I couldn't care less who thinks of me as a heretic nor do i care to label others as such. we are all entitled to worship the Lord as we choose. Ill do what I can to stand for truth and whats right, but im not going to waste my time attacking others over it.
So I guess that makes you the king of minding your own business. Try it now.
I wil spend time pursuading others to listen to me though.

You have to pick and chose your battles, and its better to use a method that is effective.

Yes. Head on confrontation works best.

There we agree I do not believe we should ever seek fellowship with evil, pray for it yes, see it for what it is yes, which is what I believe he is saying without actually saying it that way.. However that doesn't make the Pope a heretic. I have many disagreements with the vatican over some changes made, for example the second vatcian counsel was in my opinion evil influencing the church to modernize and take the holiness out of the mass and the divinity away from Christ making the mass ordinary and bland. To this day I refuse to take the host in my hands, and will only take communion from a priest directly. I believe masses should be said in Latin as well as sung in Latin. People should be kneeling when they take the host. Evil has crept into the vatican several times over the years, especially in the ealry days of the Pope. This pope I believe is genuinely holy as was Pope before him.

We're not too far apart. It is hard to recognize or even accept the corruption of something held dear. You seem to have some healthy skepticism. That's good.

More from the article

For many “conservatives”, then, absolute obeisance to papal pronouncements ends at the chasm marked by the year 1960. Beyond that chasm, their allegiance to the constant teaching of the Magisterium seems to wane; the preconciliar popes become for them hazy figures, whose encyclicals and solemnly promulgated catechisms may be minimized as the outdated artifacts of a bygone era to the extent that they conflict with post-conciliar novelties. Two thousand years of traditional teaching and praxis become a closed book, or at least a book which must be edited and revised in accordance with the new and separate book of Vatican II.

Yep. So it's up to the fair reader to decide what is legitimate.

So I guess that makes you the king of minding your own business. Try it now.

Yes. Head on confrontation works best.

no it really doesnt. Teaching the truth works the best. Contention isnt from God.

no it really doesnt.
Yes. Actually it does.
Teaching the truth works the best. Contention isnt from God.

Oh really. So was jesus wrong for overthrowing the tables of the temple hucksters, turning religion into a racket?

That was a contentious act.

If you're too nutless to stick up for the truth, please step aside, and quit bothering those unallergic to the truth, and not cowed and intimidated by corrupt worldy influence.

Yes. Actually it does.

Oh really. So was jesus wrong for overthrowing the tables of the temple hucksters, turning religion into a racket?

That was a contentious act.

If you're too nutless to stick up for the truth, please step aside, and quit bothering those unallergic to the truth, and not cowed and intimidated by corrupt worldy influence.

Physically removing evil from sacred and holy sites is hardly a contentious act. Its the legal enforcement of the law.

Forum List

Back