Catholic School refuses to accept son of lesbians

My son went to 12 years of Catholic school and attends CUA where there are many gay students. I just asked him how much time was spent on "homosexuality is a sin". He claims they may have mentioned it freshman year along with other sins like missing Mass and swearing. Not a biggie. A kid in his class had gay dads.

all Catholic schools aren't the same ? Shocker. Next you'll be telling me all blacks aren't the same.

Not all Blacks are catholics.......maybe another thread?

Anyway, I'm not Catholic, but as a pagan, many Catholics, and other Christian Wimmin have trussed me up and dragged me into their temples to worship their sky god. I like the incense, and use of musical instruments in Catholic Temples, but the fact that they claim to all believe one thing, yet, each seems to practice another is confusing.

Well shit --there's your problem right there. You're pussy whipped.:lol:

It's probably because adultery is a sin and having same sex relations is an abominable sin.

bullcrapola froggy....Christ TAUGHT that SIN IS SIN....a murderer equal to an adulterer....through Him, and His sacrafice, ALL our sins are forgiven.

read your Bible....KNOW the Word.

There is only ONE unforgivable sin, and that is to sin against the Holy Spirit, as the pharisees did when they accused jesus's miracles....as miracles from Beelzebub.....instead of acknowledging they were from the Holy Spirit.
The biggest sin a jew can do is worship a false god which would be worshipping Jesus .

From a Torah point of view there is no difference between worshipping Jesus and worshipping a golden calf,

this is happening in my home town. i know and like the couple involved, but i don't understand why anyone would want to send their child to a school that is in opposition to their beliefs. i think the school is well within their rights not to accept the boy, although i think their position is wrong on its face. your thoughts?

Catholic school refuses to accept son of lesbians - BostonHerald.com

"A Hingham Catholic school has withdrawn its acceptance of an 8-year-old boy with lesbian parents, saying their relationship is “in discord” with church teachings, according to one of the boys’ mothers."

I work with a gay catholic priest. He says there's a "don't ask, don't tell" idea going there...because I asked him how the hell did he get ordained. I can't even begin to understand why he would want, but I don't really understand group activities, especially organized religion, so who am I and stuff? The first response to your thread gave a decent explanation of why the moms would want their son attending, but I would reject outright a school who would teach my child that I was an abomination.
I can accept heathen :lol: in fact I embrace it. But abomination is a smidge over the line to me, it's just rude.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
The LEVITE (as in leviticus levite) and the Priest passed by the hurt, left for dead man, on the side of the road, BECAUSE they THOUGHT they were following what God taught, because they THOUGHT they were following Leviticus Rules concerning blood, and the Sabbath etc....while the Samaitan man, one from a tribe that the Holy Jews condemned, ACTUALLY FOLLOWED the WILL of God and HELPED the hurt stranger on the side of the road....

I can give example after example where Christ reprimanded or spoke down to the religious hierarchy for following things like man's interpretation of Leviticus rules....

Leviticus rules called for the STONING of the adulteress....did Christ follow it?
Fiction. There was no Jewish court at the time, therefore, did not and call for anyones stoning.

The nt is filled with anti Jewish venom and attacks on what G-D said.

It's too bad so many gullible believe such nonsense.

this is happening in my home town. i know and like the couple involved, but i don't understand why anyone would want to send their child to a school that is in opposition to their beliefs. i think the school is well within their rights not to accept the boy, although i think their position is wrong on its face. your thoughts?

"A Hingham Catholic school has withdrawn its acceptance of an 8-year-old boy with lesbian parents, saying their relationship is “in discord” with church teachings, according to one of the boys’ mothers."

I work with a gay catholic priest. He says there's a "don't ask, don't tell" idea going there...because I asked him how the hell did he get ordained. I can't even begin to understand why he would want, but I don't really understand group activities, especially organized religion, so who am I and stuff? The first response to your thread gave a decent explanation of why the moms would want their son attending, but I would reject outright a school who would teach my child that I was an abomination.
I can accept heathen :lol: in fact I embrace it. But abomination is a smidge over the line to me, it's just rude.

hell , heathen is easy as shit. You just do anything you feel like and there isn't a big ass book defining your entire belief system.

all Catholic schools aren't the same ? Shocker. Next you'll be telling me all blacks aren't the same.

Not all Blacks are catholics.......maybe another thread?

Anyway, I'm not Catholic, but as a pagan, many Catholics, and other Christian Wimmin have trussed me up and dragged me into their temples to worship their sky god. I like the incense, and use of musical instruments in Catholic Temples, but the fact that they claim to all believe one thing, yet, each seems to practice another is confusing.

Well shit --there's your problem right there. You're pussy whipped.:lol:

WAS.

I was young and impressionable.

:redface:

By the Romans starting this false religion they accomplished two things, control of the people and with the actions of the catholichood, turning people from God.

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, thou shalt say to the children of Isr
Jesus explained to them how they were using MAN'S interpretation of God's words, and misunderstanding the true God.....

There is no sin, greater than another sin....We all FALL SHORT of the glory of God.... Jesus CAME for us sinners....He spent his time with sinners....he reached out to the sinners the religious condemned or frowned upon....I don't see this Catholic school doing what Jesus did....

I also see them punishing or hurting the child, the innocent child.

I stick by what I said, this is AGAINST the teachings of Christ.
The fact that he considered himself a divine being:cuckoo: is the biggest affront to g-d possible.

Jews are definitely against not listening to a false god as G-d commanded them to do.

i simply cannot believe that people still defend the catholic church with the many revelations that are pouring out about how they hid child abuse. this just proves that the catholic church is control by men for men. all one has to do to see that...is look at the difference in retirements for priests and nuns.

monolithic religion was created by men, for men. In prehistoric times, women were also worshiped as goddesses, and human women had more agency. This did not sit well over time, and them men got together.

hell , heathen is easy as shit. You just do anything you feel like and there isn't a big ass book defining your entire belief system.

exactly! although ethics can be a hard taskmaster, at least there's the rational idea of cause and effect that makes them reasonable. I want to "a," but if I do, it will hurt "b," etc.

i simply cannot believe that people still defend the catholic church with the many revelations that are pouring out about how they hid child abuse. this just proves that the catholic church is control by men for men. all one has to do to see that...is look at the difference in retirements for priests and nuns.

monolithic religion was created by men, for men. In prehistoric times, women were also worshiped as goddesses, and human women had more agency. This did not sit well over time, and them men got together.

Go to any Magazine Stand, or Google "Goddess."

Women are still worshipped as goddesses.

exactly! although ethics can be a hard taskmaster, at least there's the rational idea of cause and effect that makes them reasonable. I want to "a," but if I do, it will hurt "b," etc.
Take out all the fancy words and magic and religion says the same thing.

What book are you referring? The Bible?

Christians cannot agree how to define their "entire belief system."

Even those, like catholics, who define themseves as having a common belief system, don't all have a common belief system.

Frankly, I'm really not sure that a defined belief system separates heathen and christian.

The LEVITE (as in leviticus levite) and the Priest passed by the hurt, left for dead man, on the side of the road, BECAUSE they THOUGHT they were following what God taught, because they THOUGHT they were following Leviticus Rules concerning blood, and the Sabbath etc....while the Samaitan man, one from a tribe that the Holy Jews condemned, ACTUALLY FOLLOWED the WILL of God and HELPED the hurt stranger on the side of the road....

I can give example after example where Christ reprimanded or spoke down to the religious hierarchy for following things like man's interpretation of Leviticus rules....

Leviticus rules called for the STONING of the adulteress....did Christ follow it?
Fiction. There was no Jewish court at the time, therefore, did not and call for anyones stoning.

The nt is filled with anti Jewish venom and attacks on what G-D said.

It's too bad so many gullible believe such nonsense.

i admire your tenacity and religious convictions.... :)

it is possible that the Samaritan story and the Adulteress story were parables....to teach...to clarify God's will in these cases....

They boil down to the golden rule...

Matthew 22:36-40 (New International Version)

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment.

39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

if you are following those 2 things, you are following all the rules of God.... is what Christ taught.

Women just rolled over and allowed this to happen ?

How is the refusal to allow a child to attend a school where he will be taught that homosexuality is a sin, when he is the son of homosexuals... "punishing the child"??? :eusa_eh:

It sounds to me like these people are more interested in making an activist statement than they are in what's in the best interest of this 8 year-old boy. Being put into a situation that can't help but cause moral conflict certainly isn't serving him. It's serving themselves. According to the OP, they're not even Catholic. One is left to assume, that they're just trying to start some shit, and they're using their KID to do it.

Somebody's got to be the grown-up in the room. Unfortunately for this kid, it wasn't his parents.

They should get a dog next time. Raising kids isn't a hobby or a joke. You have to do what's best for THEM.

Go to any Magazine Stand, or Google "Goddess."

Women are still worshipped as goddesses.

Yes, we are, and in the religious sense as well :lol:

But my point was that monolithic religion sought and in high percentages suppressed the idea of female divinity, and that they did so to suppress human female agency.

Nice fairytale, got any more?

Forum List

Back