Catholic school in California is removing statues of Mary and Jesus in order to be "inclusive"

prove biblical characters without using the bible!!!!

people like you are an ass in this area just to be a fucking ass. if you don't wish to believe, fine. don't. your call. but if you want people to respect that, how about respecting them?

That's what I tell them when they ask such questions. I don't care whether or not they believe if I can't provide proof to the level they'll accept. The problem is they can't provide proof of what they believe to my standards yet still expect me to believe them.
like i said, give some respect, get it back.

be an ass, be alone.

i gave up religion for lent a LONG time ago but raised very roman catholic. so far she's just blithering w/o much real knowledge of the faith.

I guess you can't as well. That is why the RCC says evolution is not counter to creationism. They are both true.
sure i can. but when i see someone making religious games in front of someone and having zero respect for how they feel, yea, i see no point in trying to be courteous to you.

you are all over the map and it's just time to walk away from the train wreck. have a wondeful life.

End days people scare me that is why, they should not take the bible literally, neither the Quran nor the Torah.
They will end up rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem which will start WWIII, and many Protestants believe in the end of days and want to see Jesus come back in the clouds, so that is why this cultist of sola scriptura as Gods ultimate word has to end.

That in itself should scare the hell out of you.

The end of days people shouldn't bother you. What's going to happen in the end should especially when you so blatantly misrepresent what God's word says. I'm not one of those that goes around screaming and yelling about it. However, I do acknowledge that I believe things will happen in the end days as the Bible teaches. As a believer, it doesn't scare me.

prove biblical characters without using the bible!!!!

people like you are an ass in this area just to be a fucking ass. if you don't wish to believe, fine. don't. your call. but if you want people to respect that, how about respecting them?

That's what I tell them when they ask such questions. I don't care whether or not they believe if I can't provide proof to the level they'll accept. The problem is they can't provide proof of what they believe to my standards yet still expect me to believe them.

be an ass, be alone.

i gave up religion for lent a LONG time ago but raised very roman catholic. so far she's just blithering w/o much real knowledge of the faith.

I guess you can't as well. That is why the RCC says evolution is not counter to creationism. Its not either or, its both.

be an ass, be alone.

I guess you can't as well. That is why the RCC says evolution is not counter to creationism. They are both true.
sure i can. but when i see someone making religious games in front of someone and having zero respect for how they feel, yea, i see no point in trying to be courteous to you.

you are all over the map and it's just time to walk away from the train wreck. have a wondeful life.

End days people scare me that is why, they should not take the bible literally, neither the Quran nor the Torah.
They will end up rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem which will start WWIII, and many Protestants believe in the end of days and want to see Jesus come back in the clouds, so that is why this cultist of sola scriptura as Gods ultimate word has to end.

What concerns me is people like you that claim to know something about Christianity actual know very little but can convince others of your bullshit viewpoint.
that's why i just stopped. trolling around and mocking people who don't feel like she does.

got enough of that crap in the world, i don't need to play along.

God's word says there will be people like that misrepresenting His word. It also says how God will deal with those that do so.

be an ass, be alone.

The end of days people shouldn't bother you. What's going to happen in the end should especially when you so blatantly misrepresent what God's word says. I'm not one of those that goes around screaming and yelling about it. However, I do acknowledge that I believe things will happen in the end days as the Bible teaches. As a believer, it doesn't scare me.

Gods word, men wrote the bible over hundreds of years.

be an ass, be alone.

Gods word, men wrote the bible over hundreds of years.

Like I said, concern yourself with what will happen. It won't be my fault you don't but in typical fashion you'll find someone to blame other than yourself. Good luck with the results.

be an ass, be alone.

I guess you can't as well. That is why the RCC says evolution is not counter to creationism. Its not either or, its both.

What concerns me is people like you that claim to know something about Christianity actual know very little but can convince others of your bullshit viewpoint.
that's why i just stopped. trolling around and mocking people who don't feel like she does.

God's word says there will be people like that misrepresenting His word. It also says how God will deal with those that do so.

like i said, i'm no longer religious but i'll fully respect those who believe otherwise and hope for the same in return.

i get turned off when people try to "save me" and it can get ugly that way also.

<deleted for brevity>
`
Thank you for your opinions. While none of what you said is a fact, I do understand your perspective. You only say what you were taught and judging from the rest of your posts in this thread, actually believe what you say is indeed fact. It's hard to argue or discuss with certain people, personal beliefs that they hold dear to them. To that extent, you argue from the convictions of your beliefs, which is commendable but still, highly erroneous and unprovable as fact.

I suppose I could go point by point with you and prove that what I stated is indeed fact, as opposed to someones mere opinion but after reading all your posts here, you still would cling to your opinions as facts. Productive discourse with you at this juncture, is not a good investment of my time or effort.

be an ass, be alone.

like i said, i'm no longer religious but i'll fully respect those who believe otherwise and hope for the same in return.

i get turned off when people try to "save me" and it can get ugly that way also.

Since no one but yourself can "save you", no reason to get turned off.

no reason to keep pushing religion on me either, but people, at times, do.

No reason to think I am.

No reason to think I am.
heh - was NOT referring to you. the overall # of people who do try this is small.

most of the "extreme" crap people are upset about these days is in fact a small # of people who actually do it. we just for whatever reason want to "normalize the extreme and pretend that's how things are.

the left takes the worst example of the right and makes them the poster child for all right.
the right does the same in return.

here we are.

No reason to think I am.
heh - was NOT referring to you. the overall # of people who do try this is small.

most of the "extreme" crap people are upset about these days is in fact a small # of people who actually do it. we just for whatever reason want to "normalize the extreme and pretend that's how things are.

the left takes the worst example of the right and makes them the poster child for all right.

here we are.

I'm following the flow of responses. I responded, then you, then me, then you, then me . . .

No reason to think I am.

here we are.

I'm following the flow of responses. I responded, then you, then me, then you, then me . . .
have fun.

be an ass, be alone.

You should be scared if you believe. God is Black and you are going to have a lot of explaining to do.

I THINK Jesus created the religion called Christianity.

Jesus said: I Am the Way. No man can come to the Father except through Me.

Jesus was NOT "inclusive" in the way you'd like Him to be.

Now stop posting what you don't understand.

No Rome did, and Paul whoever he was. It was created to stop the fighting in Judea and northern Israel. Jesus as the story goes was a Jew and as a Jew? he would not of created a different religion.
Oye vay...while I welcome your ignorance
being met with the truth, which will benefit you
if you so choose to seek the path being laid out for you...

I find it very irritating that you insist on posting
pertaining to subject matter you are so clueless about!

And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 11:26

The Roman Catholic Church...

God didn't create religion
nor did Jesus create a new or different religion

Jesus came to fulfill Scripture
the Jews knew there was to be a Messiah
but they rejected Jesus being Him

Please read all of
Matthew 5

do not take things out of context. If you read the whole NT you will see that many called themselves the messiah, and the jewish messiah would be a zealot. Was the Jesus as you picture him a Jewish Messiah?
Is he a zealot or a pacifist.

Back to Matt 5
Teaching About Retaliation. 38 ]“You have heard that it was said,‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on [your] right cheek, turn the other one to him as well. 40 If anyone wants to go to law with you over your tunic, hand him your cloak as well. 41 Should anyone press you into service for one mile, go with him for two miles.42 Give to the one who asks of you, and do not turn your back on one who wants to borrow.

comment on verse41, who is going to press one into service at the time in history?
Please read all of
Matthew 5

do not take things out of context. If you read the whole NT you will see that many called themselves the messiah, and the jewish messiah would be a zealot.
Omg....are you trying to drive me nuts?!

You're telling me to read Scripture
and not take things out of context,
yet, you don't even understand
the Scripture you're quoting/referencing/posting

I read the Bible every day...
I have read and re read, the entire NT
I don't know what you're reading,
what you're getting at, what you're talking about
Back to Matt 5
Teaching About Retaliation. 38 ]“You have heard that it was said,‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on [your] right cheek, turn the other one to him as well. 40 If anyone wants to go to law with you over your tunic, hand him your cloak as well. 41 Should anyone press you into service for one mile, go with him for two miles.42 Give to the one who asks of you, and do not turn your back on one who wants to borrow.

comment on verse41, who is going to press one into service at the time history?
Yes, back to Matthew 5

Seriously... wtf are you talking about?

Its like you're trying to connect the dots,
and you don't know what a dot looks like!

comment on verse41, who is going to press one into service at the time in history?
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Verse 41
41 Should anyone press you into service for one mile, go with him for two miles.
GO THE EXTRA MILE, IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU FOR HELP
HELP THEM, THEN SOME, MORE THEN THEY'RE ASKING YOU TO

Who is going to press one into service
at that time in history?

YOU CANT EVEN GRASP, A BASIC UNDERSTANDING
OF SCRIPTURE VERSES, ON THEIR OWN, STANDALONE...

AND, YOU'RE TELLING ME,
NOT TO TAKE IT OUT OF CONTEXT!
HOW WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW!

Furthermore, what did that have to do with anything?

Straight up...you shouldn't be allowed to post on this thread!

Wrong,

Rome had roads in Judea and all of northern Israel and their whole empire, they also had mile signs on the roads,
so when a soldiers would see a none soldier they would force one into service to carry their load for one mile,

Jesus said to carry it for two miles.
Well butter my butt and call it a biscuit,
I stand corrected

<deleted for brevity>

You have done nothing but give me your opinions, opinions which are not only horrifically wrong but a total distortion of reality. While I could take the time, point for point, to disprove and uncover such perfidy. such a use of my time would be an exercise in futility. You are already totally convinced you are not only right but apparent believe you speak directly for God herself.

There can be no rational discussion with you you; period.

"keepitreal" - You have done nothing but give me your opinions, opinions which are not only horrifically wrong but a total distortion of reality. While I could take the time, point for point, to disprove and uncover such perfidy. such a use of my time would be an exercise in futility. You are already totally convinced yourself are not only right but apparent believe you speak directly for God herself.

The problem is most of the writers in this thread do not understand the Catholic religion.
ROFLMMFAO You don't even have a basic understanding of religion The Catholic Archdiocese has taken such a hit this is what they are resorting to. Its not about God, its about finances
`
If you don't mind me saying, I'm not sure you quite understand how a diocese or archdiocese works. There has always been the "financial", legal or mundane organizational part of the Catholic hierarchy. They are not, nor have ever been, a part of the the "theological" arm of the Catholic church, which is the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and is one of the most important dicasteries of the "Roman Curia".

It would be a big mistake in thinking a diocese or archdiocese has any control over all Catholic parishes or institutions. The Jesuits, for example, run thousands of secondary schools and colleges/universities throughout the US. They report to their own superiors within their order, not to a bishop in a diocese. The same applies to the Dominicans, Franciscans (see: Pope Francis), Benedictines and other orders within the Catholic church. You might have forgotten that "diocesan" priests are their own order. They are the ones who report to the Bishop or Archbishop.

With respect to the topic, the mere removal of statues and icons from a school, is not in violation of any tenet of Catholic faith or Canon law I'm aware of but that's not something I keep abreast of.
If you don't mind me saying, I'm not sure you quite understand how a diocese or archdiocese works.
If I did mind, I don't belong here...With that said,
I'm quite sure you don't understand,
how a diocese and archdiocese works,
has absolutely nothing to do with,
the point some of us are trying to get across.
There has always been the "financial", legal or mundane organizational part of the Catholic hierarchy. They are not, nor have ever been, a part of the the "theological" arm of the Catholic church
Furthermore, I'm quite sure you don't know
as much as you like to think you do, about the Catholic church

They most definitely are,
and always have been, hand in hand.

The only difference now, as opposed to then, is,
how to increase the revenue that has been lost
from the massive exodus of their flock

That's why pope Francis,
that's why a softening on some positions
Darling, God doesn't change, nor does His Word
He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow
With respect to the topic, the mere removal of statues and icons from a school, is not in violation of any tenet of Catholic faith or Canon law I'm aware of
With respect to the topic, this has shit to do with
violations of any laws pertaining to the Catholic faith.

Their "laws" are not from God, nor supersede the Sacrifice
We are not under Gods laws, we are under Gods Grace
That's why Christ died and God resurrected Him.

This isn't about the statues being removed,
but, rather, what removing them signifies...
removing God and being ashamed instead of bold

Your opinions are wrong. Nothing you have yet to say is fact. While I treat others opinions with respect, yours are so far from reality as to be fantasy. I don't blame you however. Many whom hold close to the protestant teaching of sola scriptura ("by scripture alone") is the doctrine that the Bible contains all knowledge necessary for salvation and holiness. They sincerely and fervently believe that their interpretation of God and scripture is absolute and needs no evidence or proof. Alls more the pity. Meaningful dialogue at this point This is why I didn't provide evidence to back up my claims. You wouldn't have read it.
Your opinions are wrong.
I'm going to base that ^ on the exchange between us thus far

Opinions are like assholes...everybody has one
Nothing you have yet to say is fact.
Care to be specific?
While I treat others opinions with respect,
That's why you told me my opinions were wrong

Let's get something straight...people get facts wrong
when it comes to opinions, people can agree to disagree
yours are so far from reality as to be fantasy.
Again...care to be specific?
Many whom hold close to the protestant teaching of sola scriptura ("by scripture alone") is the doctrine that the Bible contains all knowledge necessary for salvation and holiness.
My faith in God, in His Word and in Jesus,
is the result of my personal testimony...
I can not dismiss, what I can not deny

None of which, had anything to do with
Protestant teachings or doctrine
Which never came about, from Catholic teachings and doctrine
They sincerely and fervently believe that their interpretation of God and scripture is absolute and needs no evidence or proof.
My life is based on a true story

I believe in a God

I believe this God created everything...
atoms, protons, neutrons, electrons,...
the building blocks of every chemical element
which create solids, liquid, gases

water, oxygen, air, gravity, the sun, moon, stars
the atmosphere, the galaxy, the planets,
the sky, the oceans, lakes and rivers

plants, trees, flowers, coral, which produce food
provide shelter, supply building material,
filter toxins, regulate temperature, produce oxygen

seasons and weather, rain, snow, wind,
currents, air flow, atmosphere and clouds

animals, fish, birds, bugs and humans
with flesh, skin, scales, feathers, fur, hides, shells,
gills, blow holes, wings, stingers, rattles, poison,

bones, blood, organs, hearts, bladders, kidneys
stomachs, ears, eyes, noses, mouths, teeth,

veins, arteries, nerves, brains, throats, lungs
genitals, reproductive organs, exit points..

an intelligent design which enables
birds to fly, aquatic life to breath under water,
anatomies to withstand height and depth,
mechanisms to mate, defend, attract, adapt and survive

A circle of life and creation
that depends upon and is dependent of
every aspect of everyone and everything

Yes, I believe in a God,
and the God I believe in, is the God of Israel
being the Creator of all and the God and Father of Christ

My faith in God, Scripture and Christ
has nothing to do with anyone's interpretation

Proof and evidence are all around me
I wanted to know God, not religion
When I sought Him, I found Him

I believe the Bible to be written by man,
through Gods divine intervention

I believe nothing just happens and God is in control
I believe the Scriptures are as God intended
and He provides the wisdom and discernment
for those He has chosen, to grow in His Word

The Word of God is necessary to know God
How else would you know Him?

The Word of God does contain
the knowledge that's needed for salvation
and how we should live our lives...conduct ourselves
an obedient life, is a Holy life
This is why I didn't provide evidence to back up my claims. You wouldn't have read it.
Ummm, Alrighty then, in your opinion...

My opinions are wrong
and nothing I've posted is fact

But, you didn't want to specifically address them,
or provide the 'evidence' that would corroborate your babble,
because I wouldn't have read it....

yet, you're addressing me in the babble you did post

Like I said...opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!

No Rome did, and Paul whoever he was. It was created to stop the fighting in Judea and northern Israel. Jesus as the story goes was a Jew and as a Jew? he would not of created a different religion.
Oye vay...while I welcome your ignorance
being met with the truth, which will benefit you
if you so choose to seek the path being laid out for you...

I find it very irritating that you insist on posting
pertaining to subject matter you are so clueless about!

And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 11:26

The Roman Catholic Church...

God didn't create religion
nor did Jesus create a new or different religion

Jesus came to fulfill Scripture
the Jews knew there was to be a Messiah
but they rejected Jesus being Him

Please read all of
Matthew 5

do not take things out of context. If you read the whole NT you will see that many called themselves the messiah, and the jewish messiah would be a zealot. Was the Jesus as you picture him a Jewish Messiah?
Is he a zealot or a pacifist.

Back to Matt 5

Please read all of
Matthew 5

do not take things out of context. If you read the whole NT you will see that many called themselves the messiah, and the jewish messiah would be a zealot.
Omg....are you trying to drive me nuts?!

You're telling me to read Scripture
and not take things out of context,
yet, you don't even understand
the Scripture you're quoting/referencing/posting

I read the Bible every day...
I have read and re read, the entire NT
I don't know what you're reading,
what you're getting at, what you're talking about
Back to Matt 5

comment on verse41, who is going to press one into service at the time history?
Yes, back to Matthew 5

Seriously... wtf are you talking about?

Its like you're trying to connect the dots,
and you don't know what a dot looks like!

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Verse 41
41 Should anyone press you into service for one mile, go with him for two miles.
GO THE EXTRA MILE, IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU FOR HELP
HELP THEM, THEN SOME, MORE THEN THEY'RE ASKING YOU TO

Who is going to press one into service
at that time in history?

YOU CANT EVEN GRASP, A BASIC UNDERSTANDING
OF SCRIPTURE VERSES, ON THEIR OWN, STANDALONE...

AND, YOU'RE TELLING ME,
NOT TO TAKE IT OUT OF CONTEXT!
HOW WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW!

Furthermore, what did that have to do with anything?

Straight up...you shouldn't be allowed to post on this thread!

Wrong,

Rome had roads in Judea and all of northern Israel and their whole empire, they also had mile signs on the roads,
so when a soldiers would see a none soldier they would force one into service to carry their load for one mile,

Jesus said to carry it for two miles.
Well butter my butt and call it a biscuit,
I stand corrected

No I do not want to butter anyone's butt.

<deleted for brevity>
`
Thank you for your opinions. While none of what you said is a fact, I do understand your perspective. You only say what you were taught and judging from the rest of your posts in this thread, actually believe what you say is indeed fact. It's hard to argue or discuss with certain people, personal beliefs that they hold dear to them. To that extent, you argue from the convictions of your beliefs, which is commendable but still, highly erroneous and unprovable as fact.

I suppose I could go point by point with you and prove that what I stated is indeed fact, as opposed to someones mere opinion but after reading all your posts here, you still would cling to your opinions as facts. Productive discourse with you at this juncture, is not a good investment of my time or effort.

<deleted for brevity>

You have done nothing but give me your opinions, opinions which are not only horrifically wrong but a total distortion of reality. While I could take the time, point for point, to disprove and uncover such perfidy. such a use of my time would be an exercise in futility. You are already totally convinced you are not only right but apparent believe you speak directly for God herself.

"keepitreal" - You have done nothing but give me your opinions, opinions which are not only horrifically wrong but a total distortion of reality. While I could take the time, point for point, to disprove and uncover such perfidy. such a use of my time would be an exercise in futility. You are already totally convinced yourself are not only right but apparent believe you speak directly for God herself.

I wish I would have seen these posts beforehand

So, which is it...
you need to up your meds or you need to be on meds?

In between the time you replied
to my last post and these ^ 3 posts,
I hadn't even posted anything...so why are you wigging out?

You keep going on and on about shit,
but, won't be specific...why's that?

Bitch, everything you stated above applies to you
Everything you've stated is nothing more then your opinion

If you can take the time to keep posting nonsense,
then you can take the time to be specific

shit or get off the pot!

Freaking, bi polar nutcase

`
As you see, once this charlatan has been called out, he resorts to insults. Pathetic but a real view of a person consumed by their own self-righteous morality. I don't claim to be right but I do recognize evil when I see it.

Forum List

Back