Catholic Racist Lunch Menu!

Oy...Why in the world would a Catholic private school be so glaringly racist?

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

Soul Food is Racist now? Where do you get your talking points? You are really unbelievable. You really do have that angry lynch mob thing going for you, though, huh. All you really need is the gasoline and the wooden cross, or maybe a hangin rope, what ever.... just don't forget your pants.... again.... you know what happened last time. ;)

On a semi-related note. Walmart is now DNA testing meats imported from China after discovering donkey meat. No joke.

Nothing wrong with donkey meat, but I suspect most people would like to at least know what they are eating.

Koreans eat kegogi which is dog meat. Shocked the hell out me but it explained the farms with all the dogs on it.

I see entire airplanes loaded with horses going to Asia. They are not intended for riding or pets. I ate horse meat in Europe. It isn't Angus beef, but it was not bad, either. Pretty lean, actually.

On a semi-related note. Walmart is now DNA testing meats imported from China after discovering donkey meat. No joke.

Nothing wrong with donkey meat, but I suspect most people would like to at least know what they are eating.

Obviously not -- have ya seen people lately?

Obese%20person-1223203.jpg

That one obviously eats anything that doesn't move faster than she does...that would be McDonalds or Burger King. Maybe a few small children if they were lured close with sweets.

Last edited:

That one obviously eats anything that doesn't move faster than she does...that would be McDonalds or Burger King. Maybe a few small children if they were lured close with sweets.

Emergency Medicine - Medical Information
By Chuck Fenwick, Director Medical Corps

In the wild, rats and mice don't get fat. When they are full they stop eating.

Most animals, including humans, are like that. When we are full our brain says, "Stop Eating." And so we do. Enter the worldwide obesity epidemic, especially among European nations.

Why are people gaining weight? I know they are eating too much food, but the question begs to be asked, "Why are they eating too much food?"

While doing some studies on PubMed, National Institutes of Health, I kept running across research which involved "MSG treated" mice and rats. What stood out was not that researchers were researching monosodium glutamate (MSG), but that they injected or fed lab animals MSG to make them fat. That's how they do it.

It is a given in research that if you need a fat-rat then you give it MSG. Now that's interesting considering that MSG is often added to everything we eat.

Part of the problem with our fat poor is that most of the cheap shit foods are loaded with MSG. That is why we are having the fattest generations in our nations history.

Oy...Why in the world would a Catholic private school be so glaringly racist?

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

Soul Food is Racist now? Where do you get your talking points? You are really unbelievable. You really do have that angry lynch mob thing going for you, though, huh. All you really need is the gasoline and the wooden cross, or maybe a hangin rope, what ever.... just don't forget your pants.... again.... you know what happened last time. ;)

No --- what happened? Pics and link or it didn't happen.

Koreans eat kegogi which is dog meat. Shocked the hell out me but it explained the farms with all the dogs on it.

I see entire airplanes loaded with horses going to Asia. They are not intended for riding or pets. I ate horse meat in Europe. It isn't Angus beef, but it was not bad, either. Pretty lean, actually.

I did too. It's tough.

Emergency Medicine - Medical Information
By Chuck Fenwick, Director Medical Corps

In the wild, rats and mice don't get fat. When they are full they stop eating.

Most animals, including humans, are like that. When we are full our brain says, "Stop Eating." And so we do. Enter the worldwide obesity epidemic, especially among European nations.

Why are people gaining weight? I know they are eating too much food, but the question begs to be asked, "Why are they eating too much food?"

While doing some studies on PubMed, National Institutes of Health, I kept running across research which involved "MSG treated" mice and rats. What stood out was not that researchers were researching monosodium glutamate (MSG), but that they injected or fed lab animals MSG to make them fat. That's how they do it.

It is a given in research that if you need a fat-rat then you give it MSG. Now that's interesting considering that MSG is often added to everything we eat.

Part of the problem with our fat poor is that most of the cheap shit foods are loaded with MSG. That is why we are having the fattest generations in our nations history.

Loaded (larded) with a bunch of fucking crap, especially sugar. There was a time when I would have said, 'your fat is your fault' but these days we're being poisoned by corporate food.

MSG is not the only one. High fructose corn syrup is also the proven offender.

the ones who cook at home from the raw products can get overweight, but won't get so fat.

Cooking at home from raw products is also much cheaper.

But it is time consuming and requires work...

Loaded (larded) with a bunch of fucking crap, especially sugar. There was a time when I would have said, 'your fat is your fault' but these days we're being poisoned by corporate food.

I agree with your first part of the message. However, nobody is forcing us to eat processed food so the poison we all are eating is chosen by us.

Having said that, I do realize there is a need to regulate :D the ingredients in the food sold to consumers and the uphill battle with high fructose corn syrup is extremely disappointing.

I agree with your first part of the message. However, nobody is forcing us to eat processed food so the poison we all are eating is chosen by us.

Having said that, I do realize there is a need to regulate :D the ingredients in the food sold to consumers and the uphill battle with high fructose corn syrup is extremely disappointing.

OK, so you want to sit on the fence and wave both ways. :thup:

I'll go with Vox 2 over Vox 1. :deal:

Last edited:

In theory we are not forced with a gun to our heads, but it is VERY hard to buy foods without MSG and they are much more expensive.

If you lived on a low income with maybe $120 discretionary spending, like I once was, the price difference between buying McShit with MSG and real food is compelling.

OK, so you want to sit on the fence and look both ways. :thup:

Unlike you, who retained the maximalism of a 15 year old in your adulthood I did not.

I know about the necessary evil and have to agree of some amount of it and have never considered myself an anarchist.

The devil is in the details - in the scope of the necessary evil.

It is way overblown and as a rule tends to expand exponentially ( if not curtailed) to satisfy the need of it's own.

You want it expanding exponentially - I want it to be trimmed on a regular basis.

That's the difference.

In theory we are not forced with a gun to our heads, but it is VERY hard to buy foods without MSG and they are much more expensive.

If you lived on a low income with maybe $120 discretionary spending, like I once was, the price difference between buying McShit with MSG and real food is compelling.

I did live with a low income. Actually I lived on non-existent income ( just saved money) for more than half a year ( I could have applied for all the goodies but I considered myself to be too proud to do that :lol: ) so I know.
I was living on a 30$ per week and cooking myself( That was exactly 10 years ago, so not that far from today's prices).

Buying absolutely raw products ( rice, beans, raw meat, vegetables) is the CHEAPEST way to survive and that how I was going by. Obviously I could not even buy an ice cream cone at the time as it was not included in the budget.
But I can attest that the cheapest way to eat is also the healthiest one.
It did require a lot of TIME though. Not for cooking per se, but to get to the cheaper markets.

Needless to sat that my BMI at the time was 18.

Unlike you, who retained the maximalism of a 15 year old in your adulthood I did not.

I know about the necessary evil and have to agree of some amount of it and have never considered myself an anarchist.

It is way overblown and as a rule tends to expand exponentially ( if not curtailed) to satisfy the need of it's own.

You want it expanding exponentially - I want it to be trimmed on a regular basis.

That's the difference.

What the fuck is a "maximalism"?

Look, you said two different things that contradict each other because you're trying to play both sides. I don't; I agree with the second. Pick a side already. Waffles are for breakfast.

Which brings us to starches... :eek:

The point where this began is consumer choice, and whether that's even realistic in a completely processed world. Not to mention a processed world dictated and greased by corporate media. That information is just not available to the average citizen. It requires seeing through a lot of lies. And seeing through lies is not a given.

Last edited:

That's the difference.

What the fuck is a "maximalism"?

Look, you said two different things that contradict each other because you're trying to play both sides. I don't; I agree with the second. Pick a side already. Waffles are for breakfast.

Which brings us to starches... :eek:

The point where this began is consumer choice, and whether that's even realistic in a completely processed world. Not to mention a processed world dictated and greased by corporate media. That information is just not available to the average citizen. It requires seeing through a lot of lies. And seeing through lies is not a given.

I did not say anything contradictory. AT ALL. or I misread what you are implying - are you considering contradictory my statement that FDA has to regulate the food ingredients becasue I also consider government overblown and in need to be curtailed?

One can understand that there is a need of oversight and regulation and still understand and want to oversee the regulators as well. and cut their increased appetite, too :)

what is contradictory in that? it is just common sense.

maximalistic position is either-or - and it is a feature of teenagers - either you are with me or against me :)
as I said - one can understand the need for regulation necessity of the government agencies and the need to trim their over-expansion at the same time.

Last edited:
The big evil greedy corporations are supplying what people want. It's idiotic to think that you can't eat healthy if you want to. The corporations are not the ones that convinced the population that low fat high carb diets were the pathway to optimal health. Many still believe it even though America has never been fatter. People eat what they want, why blame it on corporations?

As far as the dirt poor not being able to purchase high quality food sources, what's the proposal? Outlaw junk food or legislate mandatory incomes for all?

The big evil greedy corporations are supplying what people want. It's idiotic to think that you can't eat healthy if you want to. The corporations are not the ones that convinced the population that low fat high carb diets were the pathway to optimal health. Many still believe it even though America has never been fatter. People eat what they want, why blame it on corporations?

As far as the dirt poor not being able to purchase high quality food sources, what's the proposal? Outlaw junk food or legislate mandatory incomes for all?

No, stop lying that healthy raw food is more expensive that the processed one.

IT IS NOT.

It is time and work consuming - at that is the main reason the low income people choose to opt for the latter - as it is much easier to defrost the pizza instead of mixing some flour and water and eggs and baking the pizza themselves.

Flour, beans, rice, vegetables, raw meat, eggs, milk, oil, butter are MUCH cheaper than prepared foods - but you have to WORK to make food from them.

And that is the main problem - WORK and TIME.

fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon are not soul food?
Ever look at a soul food restaurant's menu?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back