• I'm a Progressive and I say "Go For it!"

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I'm a Conservative and I'm against it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Progressive and I'm against it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WTF is a Catalonia?

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm Jake Starkey and I say Seditious Catalonians and their ilk need to be taught a lesson

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Where do you fall on the spectrum and does that guide your feeling about Catalonian independence from Spain?

Independence used to be looked upon as good. Revolution was good.
Independence now makes you look racist, bigoted and ignorant.
Humans suck a big one

Wtf is a "Progressive"?

Exactly how old do you think people ARE around here? :wtf:

Most countries on the planet were created by force and not by consent. If you live in the former then you are entitled to make as gracious an exit as possible. Easier said than done. If you're in the later, you should get 2/3 (or so) of the entire country to agree before you can split.

I am all for Catalonian Independence, Unfortunately, the EUnichs that run the EU are not.

I wonder how high the body count will be?

cause from reading (2) other threads on this today, the forums in general are educated enough in knowing what's going on to vote for what another country should do.

i'd just like some good convo on what is going on and how it fits an overall bigger picture. i don't know enough to vote one way or another.

Catalonia is an indication of the breakdown of the social contract made in aging, welfare states. Catalonia is a net exporter of tax receipts to support other provinces. Spain has a low birth rate, and the costs of supporting retired folks is set to explode. This battle is going to be fought all over world where retirement programs are being paid for by taxing current workers. Those who are net positive will resent sending money to those who are net negative, and seek to exit the "relationship".

Last edited:
I don't know much about Spanish politics and have never been to Spain, so I don't know if I'm for or against an independent Catalonia, but I will say that the Spanish government acted very stupid about the whole thing and lost any kind of moral authority.

I don't know much about Spanish politics and have never been to Spain, so I don't know if I'm for or against an independent Catalonia, but I will say that the Spanish government acted very stupid about the whole thing and lost any kind of moral authority.

I agree,

The Spanish police are acting like thugs.

Forum List

Back