Cardinal's plea: Don't read 'Da Vinci Code'

There are several books out now that explain why the "facts" presented in the Da Vinci Code are fiction. The cardinal should recommend reading those, instead of recommending to not read the Da Vinci Code.

rtwngAvngr said:
Only if denying lies automatically makes them true. IS this the case?

Denying lies often draws attention to them and lends a credibility that otherwise would not be there. This would tend to make a person who was likely to want to believe in the whole "conspiracy" aspect of this lap it up and start broadcasting it as "faction" a strange mixture of fact and fiction.

Regardless of the fictional aspect of the story drawing attention to it is probably not the best way to get people to ignore it and not to read it. This gives it the "naughty, but not a sin" aspect that americans all around this country tend to flock towards. The attempt to get people not to read a book almost always gets more people to actually listen to it.

no1tovote4 said:
Denying lies often draws attention to them and lends a credibility that otherwise would not be there. This would tend to make a person who was likely to want to believe in the whole "conspiracy" aspect of this lap it up and start broadcasting it as "faction" a strange mixture of fact and fiction.

Regardless of the fictional aspect of the story drawing attention to it is probably not the best way to get people to ignore it and not to read it. This gives it the "naughty, but not a sin" aspect that americans all around this country tend to flock towards. The attempt to get people not to read a book almost always gets more people to actually listen to it.

Your speaking from a strictly PR strategy perspective. I'm talking logic. Logically it's slop. I just want you to be your best.
:blues:

rtwngAvngr said:
Your speaking from a strictly PR strategy perspective. I'm talking logic. Logically it's slop. I just want you to be your best.
:blues:

Yes, from a PR perspective. If his objective is to get as few as possible to read the book, giving it publicity is not the way to go about it.

I thought the book was pretty good, but it wasn't all that good that it should get this kind of direct attention from the Faithful.

no1tovote4 said:
Yes, from a PR perspective. If his objective is to get as few as possible to read the book, giving it publicity is not the way to go about it.

I thought the book was pretty good, but it wasn't all that good that it should get this kind of direct attention from the Faithful.

I agree.

I didn't read this but had someone tell me the historical assertions. I knew this would cause a controversy in the church. I was telling my dad this and he thought I was wrong. Take that dad! :flameth: I'm working through issues. My parents are so tired of me being right all the time that they reflexively try to beat me down at every opportunity. Being the bigger person gets tiring. Thanks for being here no1. Your check for my session is in the mail.

rtwngAvngr said:
I agree.

I didn't read this but had someone tell me the historical assertions. I knew this would cause a controversy in the church. I was telling my dad this and he thought I was wrong. Take that dad! :flameth: I'm working through issues. My parents are so tired of me being right all the time that they reflexively try to beat me down and every opportunity. Being the bigger person gets tiring. Thanks for being here no1. Your check for my session is in the mail.

LOL. I tried to rep ya twice now today, still gotta spread more around.

Hobbit said:
"So why are you filing for concientious objector status?"

"Because the force is for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

:laugh:

I would have rep'ed you for that but the damn thing wont let me.

Forum List

Back