Car Show...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
A local Harley dealer held a bike and car show this past weekend. Most people were showing their rides, but some were for sale.

I took a particular interest in two cars which were being sold.

The first was this 1959 Cadillac DeVille:

ah32.jpg

The other was this '68 Dodge Charger Hemi (would be a nice companion to my '69):

ah22.jpg

I opted out of both. I bought a '69 Firebird not long ago and should probably move that along before I buy anything else...

A local Harley dealer held a bike and car show this past weekend. Most people were showing their rides, but some were for sale.

View attachment 655026

The other was this '68 Dodge Charger Hemi (would be a nice companion to my '69):

View attachment 655027

I opted out of both. I bought a '69 Firebird not long ago and should probably move that along before I buy anything else...
Should go with the dodge in todays gas prices, the Caddy on a good day would get probably 5 miles to the gallon.

I'm a Mopar guy... I had a 72 Cuda in high school and I just sold a 68 Roadrunner that I had for ten years...

View attachment 655026

View attachment 655027

That Caddy is sex on wheels!!!! WOOF!

Never really saw the appeal in lowering cars like that, though. To me, it just looks silly. But, to each their own.

Anybody buying cars like that don't care much about the cost of fuel.

Honestly, they don't get driven much. The car I drive more than any other is a 2014 Chevy Malibu that belonged to my late aunt. I sold my Mercedes; I just wasn't driving it that much. At least the muscle cars I have get out in the sun from time to time.

I'll rent them out for photo shoots, weddings and things like that...

Never really saw the appeal in lowering cars like that, though. To me, it just looks silly. But, to each their own.

I'm with you on that. Saw too many of those in the barrio in San Diego for it to be all too attractive to me.

The Caddy, though, is on air bags. It sits normally until you hit that switch. This Oldsmobile did the same thing:

ah21.jpg

Honestly, they don't get driven much. The car I drive more than any other is a 2014 Chevy Malibu that belonged to my late aunt. I sold my Mercedes; I just wasn't driving it that much. At least the muscle cars I have get out in the sun from time to time.

I'll rent them out for photo shoots, weddings and things like that...

Yeah, that's usually the case with cars like that.

Speaking of photo shoots, there's a guy over on the vette forum who is a professional photographer.

You should see his catalogue. He does a lot of really cool stuff. Mainly car stuff, but he does a lot of other neat stuff, too.

He just did his 50th magazine cover...

camrie_cover_67ff17b932f40d180d6ef396b8b75a14d4e1aa42.jpg

Yeah, that's usually the case with cars like that.

Speaking of photo shoots, there's a guy over on the vette forum who is a professional photographer.

You should see his catalogue. He does a lot of really cool stuff. Mainly car stuff, but he does a lot of other neat stuff, too.

He just did his 50th magazine cover...

camrie_cover_67ff17b932f40d180d6ef396b8b75a14d4e1aa42.jpg

Cool.

There's a classic car museum here with a studio inside; infinity walls and a Chimera light bank. I have to talk to my insurance girl to get me up to speed, insurance-wise, to use it. They rent it out, but I need a $1 million liability policy. My insurance I have for my businesses doesn't cover me...

Oh, it wouldn't go on any long trips; just around town on sunny days, that kinda' thing...
I was thinking about getting an antique, but then i thought about the stupid ass drivers who go speeding all over the place. If one hit me, yeah, my antique could take less damage, but it would take plenty of moola to bring it back to its glory.

Forum List

Back