Capitalism Witchboard: Dogma Comics

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a Marvel Comics adapted capitalism-yarn inspired by Brewster's Millions.

Cheers,

eagle.jpg

====

Spider-Man was a valiant mutant and defender of democracy in America. After a strange biochemical accident in a lab at Oscorp (the new experimental science-firm in NYC), Peter Parker's genetic composition became infuse with that of a spider's, rending him as incredibly agile. Peter donned a special costume fitted with super-strong cowbeb shooters of high-tension material affording him the ability to swing around like a spider and wrap people up in cocoon-traps. Peter called himself 'Spider-Man' and devoted himself to fighting terrorism.

After 9/11, Spider-Man realized his mission was going to be extremely unusual, since commerce-engaged politics in the modern age (e.g., European Union, NATO, World Bank, etc.) made it very difficult to promote ethics and temperance in governance-related discussions. People simply cared about capital and profits, not commercial evaluation by non-governmental organizations. Eco-pollution was therefore a 'by-product' of this new age of industry. Spider-Man knew that anti-Western terrorists wanted to 'capitalize' on this vulnerability. Biochemical warfare fears loomed around the globe after 9/11.

A demonic new entity called Green Goblin was also a mutant. He was an employee at Oscorp named Norman who injected himself with an experimental strength-enhancing serum which transformed his skin and muscles and turned him into a 'goblin.' Norman (aka, 'Green Goblin') designed a special miniature jet-glider (with ski-like strap-on boots) and wielded terrorism-ready pumpkin-bombs (little ones) which he carried in his knapsack. Green Goblin was everything Spider-Man was not, and he wanted to help terrorists spread fire and fear, so one thing Green Goblin did was throw pumpkin-bombs in a park in Cairo after the Black Friday massacre of 300 Sufi Muslims in an Egyptian mosque.

Spider-Man went soaring after Green Goblin and wanted to assure the world that terrorism was not the answer to the problem of anti-capitalism angst and anti-Western paranoia. Spider-Man wondered if the Green Goblin was in some way the AntiChrist (the cryptic adversary of Jesus Christ described in the Book of Revelation and prophesied to appear at the End of Days!). Spider-Man understood that what Green Goblin was doing was opening up the dangerous proverbial door of rebelliousness in an age when commerce could create natural philosophical claustrophobia (i.e., Wall Street cynicism). Spider-Man soon realized he had a strange semi-ally.

This ally was Felicia Hardy, an idealistic young woman and Yale University psychology student who wanted to understand/appreciate why commerce created feelings of claustrophobia in this modern age of globalization. Felicia created a special vigilante costume and carried a tranquilizer dart-gun and went fighting crime in NYC. Felicia called herself Black Cat and her costume resembled that of a cat, since she wanted to convey the idea that she was a 'prowler' and adversary of terror. Black Cat was the angel of New York, and she wanted to help Spider-Man deal with Green Goblin. Spider-Man knew Green Goblin would harm Black Cat, so he tried to keep her at a safe distance from the evildoer.

GREEN GOBLIN: You two make me laugh...
SPIDER-MAN: We're here to stop you!
BLACK CAT: I love Spider-Man.

GREEN GOBLIN: You're idealists!
SPIDER-MAN: No, we're advocates of democracy.
BLACK CAT: We're soldiers.

GREEN GOBLIN: Capitalism is a farce.
SPIDER-MAN: Pedestrians believe in merchants.
BLACK CAT: Commerce creates peace.

GREEN GOBLIN: Perhaps eBay is interesting...
SPIDER-MAN: You scare people about Wall Street.
BLACK CAT: Americans need optimism.

GREEN GOBLIN: Why should I shun terrorism?
SPIDER-MAN: Capitalism requires idealism.
BLACK CAT: There's little room for juvenile rage.

GREEN GOBLIN: Do you think you can 'cure' avarice?
SPIDER-MAN: We can at least support teamwork!
BLACK CAT: There's nothing evil about the World Bank.

GREEN GOBLIN: I will depart, but remember my omens.
SPIDER-MAN: Yes, you told us about the frailty of wealth.
BLACK CAT: American democracy can prevail over the ego.

====

marvel1.jpg

Forum List

Back