Capitalism Saved The Miners

It's not grasping at straws. Without capitalism those miners would be dead.

Without oxygen capitalism would be dead.

As for crashing our economy, well I guess that's possible. If by capitalism you mean the non-capitalistic economy we've had since 1913.

Yeah exactly, the same non- capitalistic system that saved the miners!

You should consider graspaholics anonymous!

Yes, if no people existed then neither would capitalism. Great argument.

As you know, our system is mixed. The Federal Reserve is not capitalistic, and they're the cause of our recession. However, without the gains made by capitalism, despite government intervention, those miners would have died. We wouldn't have had the resources or the technology to help them.

hey you floated a turd argument....I just flushed it.

So let me get this straight.

First comes the capitalism..then comes a government?

Is that the contention?

Really?

Capitalism is the free cooperation of society. They're not separate entities.

Bullshit, capitalism is never free, and it can't stand free markets And it is actually distinct from society that existed without capitalism for eons.

Well if you don't see capitalism as being free then there's nothing that I'm going to say that will change your mind. You're right that society had existed without capitalism for thousands of years. And let me be the first to say thank goodness we unleashed the greatest engine of wealth creation and innovation known to mankind, because we've made more progress as a people in that relatively short amount of time than we had in all those "eons" that you mentioned combined.

Without oxygen capitalism would be dead.

Yeah exactly, the same non- capitalistic system that saved the miners!

You should consider graspaholics anonymous!

Yes, if no people existed then neither would capitalism. Great argument.

As you know, our system is mixed. The Federal Reserve is not capitalistic, and they're the cause of our recession. However, without the gains made by capitalism, despite government intervention, those miners would have died. We wouldn't have had the resources or the technology to help them.

hey you floated a turd argument....I just flushed it.

Actually all you did was paint the argument black and white, dismiss it, and ignore all those shades of gray.

Actually all you did was paint the argument black and white, dismiss it, and ignore all those shades of gray.

so you are a masochist in addition to being needful of redeeming an ideology that crashed the world's economy and ran the US mortgage industry thru the blender?

Don't you know how to quit when you are getting annihilated?

Well if you don't see capitalism as being free then there's nothing that I'm going to say that will change your mind.

Nobody sees capitalism as being free. By definition capitalism relies on a free market. But since capitalists can't stand free markets capitalism has a half life of less than a month before it degrades into corruptionism or other elements.

There is no such thing as capitalism, only perversions of the fabled beast. Real Capitalism hates freedom and can't stand direct sunlight. Loving and needing the dark to reproduce.

so you are a masochist in addition to being needful of redeeming an ideology that crashed the world's economy and ran the US mortgage industry thru the blender?

Don't you know how to quit when you are getting annihilated?

Since I am not a supporter of the Federal Reserve I am not trying to redeem any ideology that crashed the world's economy.

Oh the ever classic "Can't you see I'm winning this argument?" game. How fun.

Well if you don't see capitalism as being free then there's nothing that I'm going to say that will change your mind.

Nobody sees capitalism as being free. By definition capitalism relies on a free market. But since capitalists can't stand free markets capitalism has a half life of less than a month before it degrades into corruptionism or other elements.

There is no such thing as capitalism, only perversions of the fabled beast. Real Capitalism hates freedom and can't stand direct sunlight. Loving and needing the dark to reproduce.

That doesn't even make sense. Capitalism is a free market, free markets are capitalism. You can't be a capitalist and hate free markets.

But free markets never exist because capitalists destroy them as quickly as possible. A free and fair playing field is antithetical to capitalists and their ideological isms.

Capitalism is the pursuit of profits via capital accumulation by means of developing an uncapitalistic advantage.

Which is why free markets and capitalism have a half life measurable in months.

No sufficiently inspired capitalist would allow a free market to survive longer.

All of which describes just one of many reasons why you yourself claim that capitalism doesn't exist.

Since I am not a supporter of the Federal Reserve I am not trying to redeem any ideology that crashed the world's economy.

It wasn't the federal reserve who crashed the federal reserve, it was "market capitalists".

The same folks who trapped 33 Chilean miners for 66 days.

But free markets never exist because capitalists destroy them as quickly as possible. A free and fair playing field is antithetical to capitalists and their ideological isms.

Capitalism is the pursuit of profits via capital accumulation by means of developing an uncapitalistic advantage.

No sufficiently inspired capitalist would allow a free market to survive longer.

All of which describes just one of many reasons why you yourself claim that capitalism doesn't exist.

Again, that doesn't make sense.

As for why I say capitalism doesn't exist I would have to say you're ignorant on the subject if you think that nonsensical explanation has anything to do with what I think.

It wasn't the federal reserve who crashed the federal reserve, it was "market capitalists".

Crashed the Federal Reserve?

And right, it was the "market capitalists" who created a boom in the economy by keeping interest rates low for too long and flooding the market with easy credit. Oh wait, no, that's the sole province of the Fed.

And right, it was the "market capitalists" who created a boom in the economy by keeping interest rates low for too long and flooding the market with easy credit. Oh wait, no, that's the sole province of the Fed.

crashed the economy, and the Fed didn't do it, the private banks did. The fed merely financed the greatest escapade into unbridled fraud that ever occured.

Capitalists like Madoff, JPM, GS, BoA and their countrywide firm crashed the economy.

You are way outta gas, don't you know how to quit when you are losing?

Besides the Federal Reserve is the quintessential example of a capitalist enterprise.

As for why I say capitalism doesn't exist I would have to say you're ignorant on the subject if you think that nonsensical explanation has anything to do with what I think.

It doesn't matter if you are ignorant. What matters is that you are correct when you say that capitalism doesn't exist.

Making your entire presence in this thread obsolete.

The Chilean miners were rescued by many things, capitalism was not one of them, by your own admission.

Now stfu!

crashed the economy, and the Fed didn't do it, the private banks did. The fed merely financed the greatest escapade into unbridled fraud that ever occured.
Who enabled the private banks...Lucky the Leprechaun?

Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Capitalists like Madoff, JPM, GS, BoA and their countrywide firm crashed the economy.

You are way outta gas, don't you know how to quit when you are losing?

Besides the Federal Reserve is the quintessential example of a capitalist enterprise.

What exactly am I losing?

As for the Fed being "the quintessential example of a capitalist enterprise," I hope you're joking. The organization created by the federal government, with its head appointed by the President, with a monopoly right to create currency out of thin air is about as far from capitalism as one can get.

It doesn't matter if you are ignorant. What matters is that you are correct when you say that capitalism doesn't exist.

Making your entire presence in this thread obsolete.

The Chilean miners were rescued by many things, capitalism was not one of them, by your own admission.

Now stfu!

:lol:

I never said I was ignorant, I said you were ignorant as to why I say capitalism doesn't exist.

You attack me for saying that capitalism saved these miners on one hand, while saying capitalism doesn't exist on the other. You then turn around and say on one hand that capitalism doesn't exist, but that capitalism is to blame for the miners' accident in the first place. You're a hypocrite. Able to see the shades of gray in your own analysis but attacking others for seeing shades of gray in their analysis.

NASA saved the miners

Oxygen saved the miners

Food, water, psychiatric counseling, all saved the miners.

The mine saved the miners!

The miners saved each other!

GOD!!!!! saved the miners!
Lots of people had a hand in savings the miners.

But don't forget the government of Chili who owns and operates the cooper mine. They stepped forward immediately and ended up spending over 10 million. I think the government's behavior stands head shoulders over Massey Energy in our latest coal mine disaster.

Forum List

Back