Damn wisdom toof.

Douger

Rookie
Jun 25, 2009
Not fucking there !
My gum next to my last wisdom tooth was irritating me so when I went into town I stopped by my dentist.
He did a quick X-ray, looked it over, and yanked the bitch out.
$36.
Don't try that at home !

I gotta go roll one.

Careful you don't get dry socket.

A dry socket is:

Any socket in which a patient is having pain due to the loss of the blood clot thus exposing the bone to air, food, and fluids along with an offensive odor. This often occurs two or more days after an extraction and can last about 5-6 days. It is normal to have soreness and discomfort following an extraction.

However, pain should be lessening by the second day.

This condition exist when a blood clot is dislodged from the surgery site thus exposing the bone and fine nerve endings. The blood clot helps in the stopping of bleeding and lays the foundation or framework for new tissue and bone to develop over a two-month healing process. This condition is more common in the mandibular area and in back teeth due to poorer circulation in this area, with wisdom teeth being the most common site. Dry socket delays the healing process.

This condition is most often found:

In individuals who smoke before their recommended time. Smoking: decreases healing, decrease blood supply to the protective blood clot, brings toxic products to the area, injuries the gum tissue and the negative pressure of sucking removes the blood clot from the surgery site.

If you do not care for your extraction site as instructed by staff.

Not following your home care instruction.

Sucking action from smoking, sneezing, coughing, spitting or sucking, within the first 24 hours.

Dry Socket

o quit your whining....i had to have one removed....a few years ago...long story as to why i still had it...

cost me about 300 bucks at an oral sugeron dude....

and watch the smoke..try to get someone to shotgun ya...dry socket can be really bad

wow.

I had my back molar(wisdom tooth on the right side) pulled yesterday as well...

He struggled to get it out...

Gave me very strong Vicadin for pain, I am flying right now...weird because last night when i took the pain killers, it did nothing.

today, I am spinning, almost feel nauseous....:( (sea sickness)

it was $160 to have it pulled, my insurance paid $80

call the dentist and tell him the vic's arent working and your are sick to your tummie....get percadan's and a kicker for the tummie....i hate vics..they just make my skin crawl and i am still in pain

• Banned
wow.

Gave me very strong Vicadin for pain, I am flying right now...weird because last night when i took the pain killers, it did nothing.

Kool. Same side as me.
That was my last one so I'm slap out of "wisdom' ......not that I ever had any to begin with.:eusa_shhh:
HOWEVER.
I might go git me a cupple a them thar Vicadins too. All I has ta did is walk into the farmacia and ask for them.
It's a freedom thing. :cool::cool::cool:

wow.

It's the codeine in the vicodin that makes you nauseous.

Forum List

Back