Capital Punishment For Rape Crimes

There are different point of views but I think that capital punishment for rape crimes is the best solution religiously and socially.

Your opinions?
Terrible idea. Then the rapist has little recourse but to murder thier victim. Puts the victim in even greater danger. Besides... Such punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Well you're not going to rape the rapist, are you? Rapists fail to kill their victims much of the time regardless already knowing that the victim could live to testify against them.
It's harder to prove"rape" than it is to prove murder.

The Willingham case has been reviewed by nine of the nation's top fire scientists. They were unanimous: it wasn't arson!

Would you like your crow boiled, roasted, or broiled?
I would like you to back up what you said about the State of Texas acknowledging his innocence.

I also would prefer to avoid dialogues with people beneath me as well, especially flighty and disingenuous dingbats. But this is in internet so it seemingly can't be avoided.

The former you can't do, and the latter is my fault for engaging you I suppose.

Not even mentioning the fact he had no motive...

His lawyer was a completely-incompetent public defender.

The arson "investigator" declared almost every fire he investigated to be arson. (Statewide, the usual number is about half.)

Several eyewitness accounts changed-drastically-between the time of the fire and the trial.

Some of the prosecution's "expert" witnesses were personal friends of the prosecutors; one claimed that a tattoo "proved" Willingham was a sociopath, despite never having MET the man! Another said the same about a poster showing a skull...he did not bother to mention that said poster was a promotional item for an Iron Maiden tour. (The tattoo was a Led Zeppelin album cover.)

A third was James P. Grigson, a well-known crank, and actually thrown out of the American Psychiatric Association for ethics violations, including making "psychiatric diagnosis without first having examined the individuals in question, and for indicating, while testifying in court as an expert witness, that he could predict with 100-per-cent certainty that the individuals would engage in future violent acts.” (Willingham was not the only one he wrongly put on death row.)

The only actual witness was a jailhouse informant trying to cut a deal on robbery charges. (It worked: the prosecutor recommended he be paroled a few years later.) Said informant is a lifelong drug addict (since age nine), bipolar, and was, at the time, heavily medicated.

Other than that bozo, the entire case was based on the arson investigator's report. The case file was sent to the brilliant Dr. Gerald Hurst, a nationally-known arson investigator. (A Texas prosecutor once told the Chicago Tribune,of Hurst, “If he says it was an arson fire, then it was. If he says it wasn’t, then it wasn’t.” Yes, Hurst was THAT good.) His findings were clear and unequivocal: the fire was not arson. Even the Texas Forensic Science Commission was forced to agree: there was no arson. LINK

Hurst tore the report to shreds, debunking EVERYTHING the original investigator claimed. The "accelerant" stains on the concrete were rust and water from fire hoses. The "trail" of accelerant the prosecutor claimed was actually a product of the fire flashing over. (Every window had blown outwards, a telltale indication of flashover.)

The only thing left was a chemical test, showing mineral spirits near the front door. (Chemical tests in the house showed no sign of mineral spirits, of any other accelerant.) A photo told the story: on the front porch was a small charcoal barbecue...and neighbors confirmed that there was usually a bottle of lighter fluid nearby. The bottle melted, and the fire hoses splashed it across the front of the house.

The fire was accidental: probably caused by wiring or the house's elderly space heater.

So, how do you want your crow? Grilled? Fried? Broiled?

Last edited:
The Willingham case has been reviewed by nine of the nation's top fire scientists. They were unanimous: it wasn't arson!

Would you like your crow boiled, roasted, or broiled?
I would like you to back up what you said about the State of Texas acknowledging his innocence.

I also would prefer to avoid dialogues with people beneath me as well, especially flighty and disingenuous dingbats. But this is in internet so it seemingly can't be avoided.

The former you can't do, and the latter is my fault for engaging you I suppose.

Not even mentioning the fact he had no motive...

His lawyer was a completely-incompetent public defender.

The arson "investigator" declared almost every fire he investigated to be arson. (Statewide, the usual number is about half.)

Several eyewitness accounts changed-drastically-between the time of the fire and the trial.

Some of the prosecution's "expert" witnesses were personal friends of the prosecutors; one claimed that a tattoo "proved" Willingham was a sociopath, despite never having MET the man! Another said the same about a poster showing a skull...he did not bother to mention that said poster was a promotional item for an Iron Maiden tour. (The tattoo was a Led Zeppelin album cover.)

A third was James P. Grigson, a well-known crank, and actually thrown out of the American Psychiatric Association for ethics violations, including making "psychiatric diagnosis without first having examined the individuals in question, and for indicating, while testifying in court as an expert witness, that he could predict with 100-per-cent certainty that the individuals would engage in future violent acts.” (Willingham was not the only one he wrongly put on death row.)

The only actual witness was a jailhouse informant trying to cut a deal on robbery charges. (It worked: the prosecutor recommended he be paroled a few years later.) Said informant is a lifelong drug addict (since age nine), bipolar, and was, at the time, heavily medicated.

Other than that bozo, the entire case was based on the arson investigator's report. The case file was sent to the brilliant Dr. Gerald Hurst, a nationally-known arson investigator. (A Texas prosecutor once told the Chicago Tribune,of Hurst, “If he says it was an arson fire, then it was. If he says it wasn’t, then it wasn’t.” Yes, Hurst was THAT good.) His findings were clear and unequivocal: the fire was not arson. Even the Texas Forensic Science Commission was forced to agree: there was no arson. LINK

Hurst tore the report to shreds, debunking EVERYTHING the original investigator claimed. The "accelerant" stains on the concrete were rust and water from fire hoses. The "trail" of accelerant the prosecutor claimed was actually a product of the fire flashing over. (Every window had blown outwards, a telltale indication of flashover.)

The only thing left was a chemical test, showing mineral spirits near the front door. (Chemical tests in the house showed no sign of mineral spirits, of any other accelerant.) A photo told the story: on the front porch was a small charcoal barbecue...and neighbors confirmed that there was usually a bottle of lighter fluid nearby. The bottle melted, and the fire hoses splashed it across the front of the house.

The fire was accidental: probably caused by wiring or the house's elderly space heater.

So, how do you want your crow? Grilled? Fried? Broiled?
The appeal is a damned photocopy of every other appeal of death row inmates. If you were more familiar with the subject you would be well aware of that.

The only slippery footing is in the forensics. The rest is patent nonsense. You are obviously unable to recognize fluff and a cause ceiebre.

We cannot preclude that an innocent man has been executed. We can, however, preclude that Willingham is that man.

Oh yeah, if you're going to copy & paste, link.

There are 4 links in the post you quoted.

One more time: Cameron Willingham was an innocent man. No amount of screaming will change this simple FACT.

There are 4 links in the post you quoted.

One more time: Cameron Willingham was an innocent man. No amount of screaming will change this simple FACT.
You are two links short. The link to your copy & paste (I did ask that dingbat sites be omitted) and the one to affirm your contention that the state of Texas concurred that Willingham was innocent. Furthermore, You are also short of an innocent man that was executed.

Btw, an example of a non-dingbat site would be something like the ABA Journal:
Defense Lawyer Says Executed Client Was Guilty in Texas Arson

All the righteous indignation in the world is not going to change that.

Translation: you realize that things no longer fit in the nice little box you want them in...you are now panicing.

Fact: the case was built, entirely, on the arson investigator's report.
Fact: said report was torn to shreds by an ACTUAL arson expert.

The case was fabricated from whole cloth, and you seem to have finally realized that. You are in denial now, but will eventually acept the fact that Willingham was, in fact, not guilty.

Based on data from all 50 states from 1978 to 1997, each state execution deters an average of 14 murders annually.

Capital Punishment Works: It Deters Crime
Studies of the death penalty have reached various conclusions about its effectiveness in deterring crime. But a 2008 comprehensive review of capital punishment research since 1975 by Drexel University economist Bijou Yang and psychologist David Lester of Richard Stockton College of New Jersey concluded that the majority of studies that track effects over many years and across states or counties find a deterrent effect.

Indeed, other recent investigations, using a variety of samples and statistical methods, consistently demonstrate a strong link between executions and reduced murder rates. For instance, a 2003 study by Emory University researchers of data from more than 3,000 counties from 1977 through 1996 found that each execution, on average, resulted in 18 fewer murders per county. In another examination, based on data from all 50 states from 1978 to 1997, Federal Communications Commission economist Paul Zimmerman demonstrated that each state execution deters an average of 14 murders annually.

There are different point of views but I think that capital punishment for rape crimes is the best solution religiously and socially.

Your opinions?
The swimmer who raped that passed out girl. I don't think that should warrant the death penalty but the stranger who breaks into a home and forcebly rapes a woman, he should be put to death. I'm not defending the swimmer I'm just saying not all rapes are equal, if that makes any sense. Like bill Cosby rape. That's not death penalty rape.

But again, not defending coby either

and the victims do a life time....
As do the victims of many, many, crimes .... very few of which deserve the death penalty. Rape is not the second most serious crime after murder.
It's pretty bad though. Like if you are the kind of human that would forcebly put your penis in a woman's privates, maybe you shouldn't be walking around.
Yes, I agree. But when you were a teenager, did you ever convince your stubborn girlfriend that if you 'did it' quickly ........ you could get your trousers back on even before her parents got home? I did many times. That was Rape by law.

and the victims do a life time....
As do the victims of many, many, crimes .... very few of which deserve the death penalty. Rape is not the second most serious crime after murder.
It's pretty bad though. Like if you are the kind of human that would forcebly put your penis in a woman's privates, maybe you shouldn't be walking around.
Yes, I agree. But when you were a teenager, did you ever convince your stubborn girlfriend that if you 'did it' quickly ........ you could get your trousers back on even before her parents got home? I did many times. That was Rape by law.
No I was 17 and so was she. That's too old here for it to be rape.

Forum List

Back