Cannot repeat enough: Many repubs repeating Russian propoganda

A Russian propaganda campaign involving thousands of fake accounts on TikTok spreading disinformation about the war in Ukraine has been uncovered by the BBC.

Its videos routinely attract millions of views and have the apparent aim of undermining Western support.

Users in several European countries have been subjected to false claims that senior Ukrainian officials and their relatives bought luxury cars or villas abroad after Russia's invasion in February 2022.

The fake TikTok videos played a part in the dismissal last September of Ukrainian Defence Minister Oleksiy Reznikov, according to his daughter Anastasiya Shteinhauz...

The effort appeared to have been co-ordinated: sometimes videos were released by different accounts on the same day and featured identical, or very similar scripts.

During the investigation, BBC Verify found consistent, circumstantial evidence pointing to a possible Russian origin of the network.

In Europe, Russia disseminated recurring claims asserting that Ukraine sold Western weapons for profit on the international black market, in an attempt to undermine European support for Ukraine. Russia also persisted in promoting the narrative that European Union member states would face hardship during the winter without access to Russian gas, unleashing an extensive online information influence campaign comprised of more than fifty fake websites impersonating reputable European media outlets...

Indeed, Russian efforts to date have achieved partial results, like delays in the delivery of military equipment, but they have not stopped Ukraine’s ability to fight back. Ukraine is active in its efforts to counter Russian influence, allotting significant resources to monitoring and pushing back against Russian information operations, and its successes to date might provide the world with some insight into how to counter malign influence.

There's a lot more. If one is willing to look.

ETA: It's likely this post will yield some version of 'LOL .... BBC' or some such. TIA

Here's a bit of Russian propaganda I found, so take it with a grain of salt: In spite of all the sanctions we've put on them, the Russian Ruble is worth more today than it ever was under Trump.

Thanks, Joe.

Russian Ruble - Quote - Chart - Historical Data - News

View attachment 934236

Hey Dickhead OP! Did you see what I did up there? I posted a piece of truth. The Russian Ruble actually is worth more now than it was the whole time under President Trump. Although you'll probably believe the chart I posted is "Russian propaganda", right?

Now let this thought swirl around in your head tonight while you doze off to sleep:

If the truth is Russian propaganda, is Russian propaganda the truth? How's that for a mindfuck, eh? :laughing0301:

Just kidding, bro. Even though I also have RT on my news feed reader, I seldom ever read their feeds.

Last edited:
A Russian propaganda campaign involving thousands of fake accounts on TikTok spreading disinformation about the war in Ukraine has been uncovered by the BBC.

Its videos routinely attract millions of views and have the apparent aim of undermining Western support.

Users in several European countries have been subjected to false claims that senior Ukrainian officials and their relatives bought luxury cars or villas abroad after Russia's invasion in February 2022.

The fake TikTok videos played a part in the dismissal last September of Ukrainian Defence Minister Oleksiy Reznikov, according to his daughter Anastasiya Shteinhauz...

The effort appeared to have been co-ordinated: sometimes videos were released by different accounts on the same day and featured identical, or very similar scripts.

During the investigation, BBC Verify found consistent, circumstantial evidence pointing to a possible Russian origin of the network.

In Europe, Russia disseminated recurring claims asserting that Ukraine sold Western weapons for profit on the international black market, in an attempt to undermine European support for Ukraine. Russia also persisted in promoting the narrative that European Union member states would face hardship during the winter without access to Russian gas, unleashing an extensive online information influence campaign comprised of more than fifty fake websites impersonating reputable European media outlets...

Indeed, Russian efforts to date have achieved partial results, like delays in the delivery of military equipment, but they have not stopped Ukraine’s ability to fight back. Ukraine is active in its efforts to counter Russian influence, allotting significant resources to monitoring and pushing back against Russian information operations, and its successes to date might provide the world with some insight into how to counter malign influence.

There's a lot more. If one is willing to look.

ETA: It's likely this post will yield some version of 'LOL .... BBC' or some such. TIA

You've been propagandized to believe that anyone who opposes giving billions of more dollars to Ukraine, has been propagandized by the Russians.

Frankly, it's not up to Ukraine or Russia to decide where I spend my tax money. They should get a room or something.

Russia, Russia, Russia ...

Sounds like everyone on The Left has joined The John Birch Society...

... are you afraid of fluoridated water too?

I used to occasionally go to JBS meetings when I lived in Dallas, back in the 90's. I didn't understand much about the things they were talking about at the time, things like the US Constitution, liberties, rights, and other stuff.

I thought their meetings were boring, because I wasn't really politically-aware back then. At least not until I started listening to Rush Limbaugh, then it started making sense.

Actually you can repeat it too much. The post is an example of the fact that the crazy left seems to be more in touch with Russian propaganda these days than we ever thought.

We have elected members of Congress who are fervently trying to destroy Ukraine's ability to defend itself. Why has the repub party become a Party of Poootin?

We have elected members of Congress who are fervently trying to destroy Ukraine's ability to defend itself. Why has the repub party become a Party of Poootin?
1960c163b959e0a5b0ca40bbc809367b_768x0.jpg

Listening to Margie Green go on about how terrible it was for Johnson to introduce Ukrainian aid, I have to ask, "Is this woman a Russian Asset?" Putin is controlling far right repubs!
Many of the Republican party online social media supporters are being directly fed Russian Federation propaganda created by Iranian, Albanian, and St. Petersburg bots...

The Congressmen are only repeating what they think their constituents want to hear and see....their own ideology has been gone for decades.

How silly. Anything liberals don't want to hear is Russian propaganda, racism, homophobia, or some other nonsense. Liberals have become stupidly petty and base everything on a binary choice, their way or something offense. It's pathetic.

Russia’s Foreign Ministry has been drawing up plans to try to weaken its Western adversaries, including the United States, and leverage the Ukraine war to forge a global order free from what it sees as American dominance, according to a secret Foreign Ministry document...

“We need to continue adjusting our approach to relations with unfriendly states,” states the 2023 document, which was provided to The Washington Post by a European intelligence service. “It’s important to create a mechanism for finding the vulnerable points of their external and internal policies with the aim of developing practical steps to weaken Russia’s opponents...

”Using much tougher and blunter language than the public foreign policy document, the secret addendum, dated April 11, 2023, claims that the United States is leading a coalition of “unfriendly countries” aimed at weakening Russia because Moscow is “a threat to Western global hegemony.” The document says the outcome of Russia’s war in Ukraine will “to a great degree determine the outlines of the future world order,” a clear indication that Moscow sees the result of its invasion as inextricably bound with its ability — and that of other authoritarian nations — to impose its will globally.

(I don't have a WaPo subscription but was able to read it anyway.)

True. And while the Biden family profited considerably from their dealings with Ukraine, the rest of us are having to pay so much more for food, rent, insurance, gasoline, etc.

Where the hell is the "10% for the Little Guy"?

The vast majority of the money that the U.S. "gives" to Ukraine goes to the American military complex. That creates millions of high paying jobs for Americans.

We ship the munitions to Ukraine after they're manufactured in the U.S.

So, the majority of the money goes to the American "Little Guy".

Did you really think that cash was being transferred to Zelensky's personal bank account?

Guess again!

Forum List

Back