Cancel the Department of Education

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shintao, Jul 29, 2011.

1. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    The right says the ED is a breeding ground for Unions, cost to much to run, and isn't teaching the children a thing. They want to privatize education, but if they were serious they wouldn't be asking taxpayers to fund it with vouchers and other righty scams that border on lunacy.

I would love to cancel the Education Department for a year and send all the teachers home, and lock up the schools. Because I know it isn't the teachers failing the children's education, it is the parents who are ailing and it is the community environment that is failing where the schools are located.

So what would happen if we closed the schools for a year? Does anyone think parents would voluntarily pay for private education? Would they give up their jobs and home school their darlings? Would they be forced to hire baby sitters? Would grade averages drop like a rock in America. Would we still be able to produce professionals from scientists to physicians? Would crime go up along with gang activities?

Give it your best shot...............:eusa_pray:

2. BoycottTheday

BoycottTheday CEO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    aMerican education is a make work project for liberals imho

:clap2:

3. cutter

cutter Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Canceling the DOE doesn't cancel education it just puts the states in control of it, as it should be. It's a states right issue.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,031
    Exactly. Eduation is not an interstate issue. Each state should be able to set its own standards. If the feds want to take it over, then each state should abolish thier own department of education. The redundancy is a waste of money.

5. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,422
    The Dept of education doesn't run local schools. If you shut it down, no one would even notice accept that over time the schools would gradually improve.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914

Oh my, what would we ever do. It's not like we had public education prior to 1980 or something. :eusa_whistle:

7. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,572
    Why stop there? I say keep going.

8. shintao

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Oh, so in one state I could graduate with the two state classes, history and math. In another state I could graduate with three classes, English, PE, and social studies.

Then in college in one state, I could become a doctor in one semester with just three medical classes. In the next state, I would need five years to earn my PhD. Of course my license wouldn't be any good in the next state, where I would have to go to school for three years.

And as patients die by thousands in dirty deplorable hospitals with people not educated well enough to do the job, what would you be saying then??

9. shintao

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Why would they improve? Same parents, same social environment & violence. Why?

10. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    Did you realize that up until 1980, that the states were responsible for public education? You might want to check and see what the U.S students performance rankings were prior to 1980 as compared to now. I believe that the only thing you'll find that has gone up is the amount of taxpayer money expended.