Cancel the Department of Education

Glad you are not surprised. I want a standard for education and uniformity across all states. The DOE doesn't have to be so big, but it does play a critical role for state education, like the DMV does. They need be no larger than the DMV is in setting a national educational standard.

Fine. Make a law abolishing the current one, create a new one limited to a comittee of 13 people, with an allowed staff of say 50. No pass through ability, no ability to create studies. Thats it. After the standards are made the comittee is part time, and the staff is down to 20 or so.

It will never happen, there is no such thing as a small federal agency.

Yeah, it will never happen, because most citizens don't want it to happen. But the intention is a good one and would suit my needs to see how well the system would work.

I wonder what employers would think of such an idea to severely undercut the DOE? I guess they could continue to hire foreigners with the working skills.

i dont think they would notice as the DOE has NOTHING TO DO WITH ACTUAL TEACHING.

Again, for professions such and Medicine and Engineering the state requirements allow you to perform as said profession in each state. The DOE has nothing to do with it. The DOE barely gets into even college level education. Most of thier stuff is K-12 and most of it has nothing to do with teaching.

It would be like comparing apples to oranges I am afraid. Kids today have more subject matter, more to learn, less discipline & less attention, more violent threats, less parent involvement, etc. I am thankful I had a mom in the home to assist me everyday.

Government teachers blame everyone and everything except themselves. All of the problems you list are created by government schools.

You miss the point. the DOE sets the "standard" for education so all professionals are exposed to the same materials and can practice in any state with the same consumer confidence. Otherwise students would run to the one semester course & start their practice with the same plank hanging on the wall. Burn strawman!!:lol:

ROFL! Name one consumer who has confidence in government schools. Your scheme doesn't seem to be working.

The liberal theory seems to be that if it wasn't for government making all the decisions, parents would sell their children into slavery.

Yeah, right. I can just see the mass influx of people to states like New Jersey and Massachusetts.

Why is it any business of yours how much money the voters of another state choose to spend on education?

Are you fucking lame? This is a discussion, not a demand.

In other words, you can't think of a reason.

but we already knew that.

The right says the ED is a breeding ground for Unions, cost to much to run, and isn't teaching the children a thing. They want to privatize education, but if they were serious they wouldn't be asking taxpayers to fund it with vouchers and other righty scams that border on lunacy.

I would love to cancel the Education Department for a year and send all the teachers home, and lock up the schools. Because I know it isn't the teachers failing the children's education, it is the parents who are ailing and it is the community environment that is failing where the schools are located.

So what would happen if we closed the schools for a year? Does anyone think parents would voluntarily pay for private education? Would they give up their jobs and home school their darlings? Would they be forced to hire baby sitters? Would grade averages drop like a rock in America. Would we still be able to produce professionals from scientists to physicians? Would crime go up along with gang activities?

Give it your best shot...............:eusa_pray:

The Federal Department of Education didn't exist until Clinton (or was it Bush Sr?). Anyway, it's a recent development and a drain on our already limited funds. Get rid of it and let the local states handle their educational systems again.

For that matter, we should get rid of Homeland Security too.. If it can't be handled by the FBI or CIA then we need to keep Homeland security and get rid of BOTH those agencies. Time to bring a reign in our our expenses and stop blaming our debts on the poor. Welfare and foodstamps are only a fraction of the budget. You want to get rid of welfare, get rid of Corporate welfare. No excuse for giving our tax dollars to corporations when there is no corresponding benefit to our society. At least with the poor welfare recipients, that money goes right back into our economy.

The right says the ED is a breeding ground for Unions, cost to much to run, and isn't teaching the children a thing. They want to privatize education, but if they were serious they wouldn't be asking taxpayers to fund it with vouchers and other righty scams that border on lunacy.

I would love to cancel the Education Department for a year and send all the teachers home, and lock up the schools. Because I know it isn't the teachers failing the children's education, it is the parents who are ailing and it is the community environment that is failing where the schools are located.

So what would happen if we closed the schools for a year? Does anyone think parents would voluntarily pay for private education? Would they give up their jobs and home school their darlings? Would they be forced to hire baby sitters? Would grade averages drop like a rock in America. Would we still be able to produce professionals from scientists to physicians? Would crime go up along with gang activities?

Until the creation of the Department of Education if a community needed a school they would get together and build it themselves. There was no government involved, and if you look at the stats today you would damn sure see that our kids tested much much higher back than.

We have to get away from having the government do for us what we can do for ourselves.

Until the creation of the Department of Education if a community needed a school they would get together and build it themselves. There was no government involved, and if you look at the stats today you would damn sure see that our kids tested much much higher back than.

We have to get away from having the government do for us what we can do for ourselves.

You must understand, you're too stoopid to do anything for yourself. Didn't you get the memo?

You must understand, you're too stoopid to do anything for yourself. Didn't you get the memo?

Yeah I got their damn memo. I sent it back to them after writing on the back in crayon to please burn it for me because I am to stupid to operate a lighter.

Oh, so in one state I could graduate with the two state classes, history and math. In another state I could graduate with three classes, English, PE, and social studies.

Then in college in one state, I could become a doctor in one semester with just three medical classes. In the next state, I would need five years to earn my PhD. Of course my license wouldn't be any good in the next state, where I would have to go to school for three years.

And as patients die by thousands in dirty deplorable hospitals with people not educated well enough to do the job, what would you be saying then??

Did you realize that up until 1980, that the states were responsible for public education? You might want to check and see what the U.S students performance rankings were prior to 1980 as compared to now. I believe that the only thing you'll find that has gone up is the amount of taxpayer money expended.

It would be like comparing apples to oranges I am afraid. Kids today have more subject matter, more to learn, less discipline & less attention, more violent threats, less parent involvement, etc. I am thankful I had a mom in the home to assist me everyday.

have you considered that perhaps the reason that there is less of all the above, is because there is more government in our everyday lives than ever before? Do you realize that in this fine day and age, the government will feed your child, clothe your child, provide a roof for your child, educate your child, medicate your child and sometimes even discipline your child? The less responsible a parent wishes to be, the more the government is willing to "help", all the while making sure not to hurt that irresponsible parents tender feelings.

The OP has literally no idea what he is talking about, is it a wonder he fears change?

Now if we get rid of the DoE we will have Doctors graduating in 1 year, are you for real Shinto?

Oh yes, quite real, even come with a heart beat. How many students would pay for a cheaper education just to get the plank and go to work? Look at the crop on internet schools for a clue, and join reality in a capitalist system. Do you actually think a student can't weigh one semester against five years and a ton of bills to pay back? Are you for real dude?

If you examine the quality of goods and services the private sector produces, they beat the quality of what the government produces hands down. That's reality.

The term "quality government service" is an oxymoron. If you want to see the kind of "quality" you can expect from government, just go to the DMV.

So where is the downside of private schools?

might as well, all the schools do is crank out motherfuckingdimocratretardedidiots.

Fine. Make a law abolishing the current one, create a new one limited to a comittee of 13 people, with an allowed staff of say 50. No pass through ability, no ability to create studies. Thats it. After the standards are made the comittee is part time, and the staff is down to 20 or so.

It will never happen, there is no such thing as a small federal agency.

Just get rid of it. If states aren't competent to perform every function the DoE performs, then what makes the DoE competent to perform them? What makes the federal government any more competent than state governments?

Yeah, it will never happen, because most citizens don't want it to happen. But the intention is a good one and would suit my needs to see how well the system would work.

I wonder what employers would think of such an idea to severely undercut the DOE? I guess they could continue to hire foreigners with the working skills.

Smart employers would love it because they understand that the DoE harms education, no helps it.

Just think, we could cut federal outlays by $68 billion every year and education would actually improve.

New Topics

Forum List

Back