Cancel the Department of Education

The right says the ED is a breeding ground for Unions, cost to much to run, and isn't teaching the children a thing. They want to privatize education, but if they were serious they wouldn't be asking taxpayers to fund it with vouchers and other righty scams that border on lunacy.

I would love to cancel the Education Department for a year and send all the teachers home, and lock up the schools. Because I know it isn't the teachers failing the children's education, it is the parents who are ailing and it is the community environment that is failing where the schools are located.

So what would happen if we closed the schools for a year? Does anyone think parents would voluntarily pay for private education? Would they give up their jobs and home school their darlings? Would they be forced to hire baby sitters? Would grade averages drop like a rock in America. Would we still be able to produce professionals from scientists to physicians? Would crime go up along with gang activities?

Give it your best shot...............:eusa_pray:
INTEGRATION IS THE PROBLEM!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oh, so in one state I could graduate with the two state classes, history and math. In another state I could graduate with three classes, English, PE, and social studies.

Then in college in one state, I could become a doctor in one semester with just three medical classes. In the next state, I would need five years to earn my PhD. Of course my license wouldn't be any good in the next state, where I would have to go to school for three years.

And as patients die by thousands in dirty deplorable hospitals with people not educated well enough to do the job, what would you be saying then??

The DOE has nothing to do with Doctors. Those are regulated by State medical boards, which then issue a liscence to practice medicine in my state. This is the same for most professions, such as Engineering. My NYS P.E. is not valid in California, or any other state unless I apply for it.

If that state decides to give M.D. certs based on that level of education, so be it. No state however would ever do that.

Nice strawman argument though.

You miss the point. the DOE sets the "standard" for education so all professionals are exposed to the same materials and can practice in any state with the same consumer confidence. Otherwise students would run to the one semester course & start their practice with the same plank hanging on the wall. Burn strawman!!:lol:

The 2012 presiden't budget calls for $68 BILLION in spending. You need that much to set standards?

The DOE isn't about standards. Its about sending federal money to local schools, creating porkbarrel studies, and creating another layer of buracracy.

If all it was about was setting standards I don't see the need for $68 billion a year.

How did everything work before the DOE? It seems the education system worked just fine.

Last edited:
The OP has literally no idea what he is talking about, is it a wonder he fears change?

Now if we get rid of the DoE we will have Doctors graduating in 1 year, are you for real Shinto?

Wow shinto, you are on a "I don't get it." roll today.

Did you know that before the DOE America was constantly ranked in the top 5?

And since it's creation we have dropped and are currently ranked 18th?

So what? Before 1980 the conditions for education were entirely different than they are today.

And the DOE has failed to keep up with these so called changes.

Grats

Still not getting it.

The OP has literally no idea what he is talking about, is it a wonder he fears change?

Now if we get rid of the DoE we will have Doctors graduating in 1 year, are you for real Shinto?

He's making shit up as he goes along and uses it to prove to himself that he's right, even though he doesn't understand the question.

I wonder if he knows Lincoln taught himself to be a lawyer. :lol:

He's making shit up as he goes along and uses it to prove to himself that he's right, even though he doesn't understand the question.

It's amazing to watch someone be so utterly wrong about a subject not give up... Shinto seems to be one of the people trolling the internet not looking to learn but to use the tool of the internet to spam any thought that just happens to cross their mind that hour.

Something tells me he won't give up. It's hard to be polite to someone when the only answer you give them is "you’re really really wrong" and they spam you back with more wrong information.

Bush grew the DoE btw Shinto, by a lot.

The DOE has nothing to do with Doctors. Those are regulated by State medical boards, which then issue a liscence to practice medicine in my state. This is the same for most professions, such as Engineering. My NYS P.E. is not valid in California, or any other state unless I apply for it.

If that state decides to give M.D. certs based on that level of education, so be it. No state however would ever do that.

Nice strawman argument though.

You miss the point. the DOE sets the "standard" for education so all professionals are exposed to the same materials and can practice in any state with the same consumer confidence. Otherwise students would run to the one semester course & start their practice with the same plank hanging on the wall. Burn strawman!!:lol:

The 2012 presiden't budget calls for $68 BILLION in spending. You need that much to set standards.

The DOE isn't about standards. Its about sending federal money to local schools, creating porkbarrel studies, and creating another layer of buracracy.

If all it was about was setting standards I don't see the need for $68 billion a year.

How did everything work before the DOE? It seems the education system worked just fine.

For pre-80's I am sure it did worked fine. Employers treated workers different then. Today you better know something coming in the door, be able to solve problems and work with the latest technologies, or stay home.

The right says the ED is a breeding ground for Unions, cost to much to run, and isn't teaching the children a thing. They want to privatize education, but if they were serious they wouldn't be asking taxpayers to fund it with vouchers and other righty scams that border on lunacy.

I would love to cancel the Education Department for a year and send all the teachers home, and lock up the schools. Because I know it isn't the teachers failing the children's education, it is the parents who are ailing and it is the community environment that is failing where the schools are located.

So what would happen if we closed the schools for a year? Does anyone think parents would voluntarily pay for private education? Would they give up their jobs and home school their darlings? Would they be forced to hire baby sitters? Would grade averages drop like a rock in America. Would we still be able to produce professionals from scientists to physicians? Would crime go up along with gang activities?

Removing the Department of Education does not mean closing down schools. This is one department we could do without. Simply allow states to fund the education of their kids without federal assistance. All the Department of Education does is take in money, waste half of it, then send the other half back to the states it originated from. This is one program that truly does not accomplish anything that each state could not accomplish on their own.

And before I take the heat from the libs here, the cons already hate me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

It's amazing to watch someone be so utterly wrong about a subject not give up... Shinto seems to be one of the people trolling the internet not looking to learn but to use the tool of the internet to spam any thought that just happens to cross their mind that hour.

Something tells me he won't give up. It's hard to be polite to someone when the only answer you give them is "you’re really really wrong" and they spam you back with more wrong information.

What have I been wrong on? You were asked to give your opinion on a subject, not attempt to judge me or call me names. How simple is that? DUH! There are reasons the DOE exists, think about it. But the question was, what do you think would happen if we shut down the DOE and and schools so the retards could have their way?? Comprehendo??

What have I been wrong on? You were asked to give your opinion on a subject, not attempt to judge me or call me names. How simple is that? DUH! There are reasons the DOE exists, think about it. But the question was, what do you think would happen if we shut down the DOE and and schools so the retards could have their way?? Comprehendo??

Education would probably get better...

And you’re wrong because you use this “end the DoE” as a scare attack tactic. Again, Doctors would not start graduating 1 year after getting out of High school, High schools that allowed the students to graduate with only classes in Art (finger-painting) and PE (Walking the mile).

Anyways, it does not shock me you support the DoE as so did Bush and there are very fewpolicies you don't support today under Obama that Bush didn't support or start.

Removing the Department of Education does not mean closing down schools. This is one department we could do without. Simply allow states to fund the education of their kids without federal assistance. All the Department of Education does is take in money, waste half of it, then send the other half back to the states it originated from. This is one program that truly does not accomplish anything that each state could not accomplish on their own.

So you are saying you don't think overall education would suffer? I can see how well leaving no child behind worked out with teachers falsely raising grades to keep a school open. Do you think corruption would increase? And I would be concerned about what state a doctor who is going to operate on me, what state he was educated in.

And what of private schooling? Would that increase or stay the same? I don't see a state handing out vouchers to private schools.

Oh yes, quite real, even come with a heart beat. How many students would pay for a cheaper education just to get the plank and go to work? Look at the crop on internet schools for a clue, and join reality in a capitalist system. Do you actually think a student can't weigh one semester against five years and a ton of bills to pay back? Are you for real dude?

The 2012 presiden't budget calls for $68 BILLION in spending. You need that much to set standards.

For pre-80's I am sure it did worked fine. Employers treated workers different then. Today you better know something coming in the door, be able to solve problems and work with the latest technologies, or stay home.

Again, if its just about standards why spend $68 billion a year? Once standards are made shouldn't it cost less just to update them?

DOE is nothing more than a pass through agency and a buracracy, with a smattering of porkbarrel studies added to it. Remove it and transfer any funding burden back to the states.

So you are saying you don't think overall education would suffer? I can see how well leaving no child behind worked out with teachers falsely raising grades to keep a school open. Do you think corruption would increase? And I would be concerned about what state a doctor who is going to operate on me, what state he was educated in.

And what of private schooling? Would that increase or stay the same? I don't see a state handing out vouchers to private schools.

If states want to hand out vouchers to private schools, then they can. If not, then they can't. As for doctors, if a doctor receives his/her education in state A, and wants to practice in state B, then he will need to meet the requirements of state B. I really don't see a problem with that.

And you’re wrong because you use this “end the DoE” as a scare attack tactic. Again, Doctors would not start graduating 1 year after getting out of High school, High schools that allowed the students to graduate with only classes in Art (finger-painting) and PE (Walking the mile).

Anyways, it does not shock me you support the DoE as so did Bush and there are very fewpolicies you don't support today under Obama that Bush didn't support or start.

Glad you are not surprised. I want a standard for education and uniformity across all states. The DOE doesn't have to be so big, but it does play a critical role for state education, like the DMV does. They need be no larger than the DMV is in setting a national educational standard.

Glad you are not surprised. I want a standard for education and uniformity across all states. The DOE doesn't have to be so big, but it does play a critical role for state education, like the DMV does. They need be no larger than the DMV is in setting a national educational standard.

Fine. Make a law abolishing the current one, create a new one limited to a comittee of 13 people, with an allowed staff of say 50. No pass through ability, no ability to create studies. Thats it. After the standards are made the comittee is part time, and the staff is down to 20 or so.

It will never happen, there is no such thing as a small federal agency.

Another phenomena, some states wouldn't fund education, so families would pour over into other states that do, causing over crowding and chaos.

Yeah, right. I can just see the mass influx of people to states like New Jersey and Massachusetts.

Why is it any business of yours how much money the voters of another state choose to spend on education?

Another phenomena, some states wouldn't fund education, so families would pour over into other states that do, causing over crowding and chaos.

Yeah, right. I can just see the mass influx of people to states like New Jersey and Massachusetts.

Why is it any business of yours how much money the voters of another state choose to spend on education?

Are you fucking lame? This is a discussion, not a demand.

Fine. Make a law abolishing the current one, create a new one limited to a comittee of 13 people, with an allowed staff of say 50. No pass through ability, no ability to create studies. Thats it. After the standards are made the comittee is part time, and the staff is down to 20 or so.

It will never happen, there is no such thing as a small federal agency.

Yeah, it will never happen, because most citizens don't want it to happen. But the intention is a good one and would suit my needs to see how well the system would work.

I wonder what employers would think of such an idea to severely undercut the DOE? I guess they could continue to hire foreigners with the working skills.

Forum List

Back