Canadian and British Tourist Face 10 Years in Thai Prison for Grafitti

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
Tourists facing 10 years in Thai jail over ‘ridiculously drunk’ stunt

Their excuse....."we were sad and got ridiculously drunk"

You go to another country and disrespect their laws....you get what you deserve.
This is not likely the first time these two have done such a thing.

An example needs to be made, so that the remaining hordes of disrespectful realize their irresponsibility has consequences, regardless of their entitled lives and wealthy parents.

part of the problem is an increase in the division of the poor and the wealthy. Money buys influence. Influence begets privilege over others. while I'm all for people succeeding, I'm not for bought justice at the expense of others and the inequality it represents.

Something tells me their daddy's $$$$ will get them off the hook. People with respect for others and who have worked hard for what they have don't do stupid crap like this. I never went out and got so stupid drunk in public that I caused harm like this. Most haven't. Personal responsibility. Some are reared to believe they are exempt. many go on in their irresponsible arrogance until they eventually kill others.

10 years mandatory and the $45,000US fine sounds like a reasonably good deterrent to me.

People like this should not be above the law because of financial status but that's the way the West especially is headed it seems. How likely are you to do serious jail time compared to a high profile celebrity for THE SAME CRIME? MUCH more likely.

Ethan Couch - The Affluenza killer...
Ethan Couch, ‘Affluenza Teen’ Who Killed 4 While Driving Drunk, Is Freed

Cameron Terrell
A wealthy teen was cleared in a South L.A. killing. Critics say his race and privilege helped him win
A wealthy teen was cleared in a South L.A. killing. Critics say his race and privilege helped him win - Los Angeles Times

More examples of young people defacing historic landmarks for the "fun" of it....
7 cringe-worthy cases of tourists defacing world landmarks

We should have those laws here with Lefty's taking down historical statues trying to erase their evil past from public view.

Way too harsh a sentence for what they did. Punish them, but make the sentence fit the crime.

Tourists facing 10 years in Thai jail over ‘ridiculously drunk’ stunt

Their excuse....."we were sad and got ridiculously drunk"

You go to another country and disrespect their laws....you get what you deserve.
This is not likely the first time these two have done such a thing.

An example needs to be made, so that the remaining hordes of disrespectful realize their irresponsibility has consequences, regardless of their entitled lives and wealthy parents.

part of the problem is an increase in the division of the poor and the wealthy. Money buys influence. Influence begets privilege over others. while I'm all for people succeeding, I'm not for bought justice at the expense of others and the inequality it represents.

Something tells me their daddy's $$$$ will get them off the hook. People with respect for others and who have worked hard for what they have don't do stupid crap like this. I never went out and got so stupid drunk in public that I caused harm like this. Most haven't. Personal responsibility. Some are reared to believe they are exempt. many go on in their irresponsible arrogance until they eventually kill others.

10 years mandatory and the $45,000US fine sounds like a reasonably good deterrent to me.

People like this should not be above the law because of financial status but that's the way the West especially is headed it seems. How likely are you to do serious jail time compared to a high profile celebrity for THE SAME CRIME? MUCH more likely.

Ethan Couch - The Affluenza killer...
Ethan Couch, ‘Affluenza Teen’ Who Killed 4 While Driving Drunk, Is Freed

Cameron Terrell
A wealthy teen was cleared in a South L.A. killing. Critics say his race and privilege helped him win
A wealthy teen was cleared in a South L.A. killing. Critics say his race and privilege helped him win - Los Angeles Times

More examples of young people defacing historic landmarks for the "fun" of it....
7 cringe-worthy cases of tourists defacing world landmarks
Well rich white kids should not break the law. Jail time is OK. Also do not spit gum on the sidewalk is against the law ..

Way too harsh a sentence for what they did. Punish them, but make the sentence fit the crime.

"Fit" the crime? In who's opinion? Obviously in Thailand, 10 years for that graffiti DOES fit the crime.

Well.....here's the deal.....
They should have been RESPONSIBLE and found out what the penalty for the crime was BEFORE they committed it.
Second, "adults" need to learn that there are consequences for their actions.
ie..Man! "I was SO DRUNK".....is no excuse for driving drunk and killing a mother and her children for example. Too much leniency in lesser crimes causes people to suffer when the same morons commit more serious crimes....ie impaired driving etc.

Could have been worse...in some places in the world there could be a death penalty for graffiti defacing certain objects or places.

Sick of irresponsible people thinking they can do anything they please anywhere they please to anyone they please ....and then try to blow off responsibility.

BOOK EM DANNO !!

Last edited:
It's not 10 years mandatory, it's a possible maximum sentence of 10 years. It is widely thought that they won't see any jail time at all, just a fine.

It's not 10 years mandatory, it's a possible maximum sentence of 10 years. It is widely thought that they won't see any jail time at all, just a fine.

Agreed. so then they'll laugh about it all, high five their victory.....then one night, a while later ...."ridiculously" drunk again....

Family mourns 4 people killed in suspected drunk driving crash

Pregnant Mother of 3 Killed in Head-on Crash With Boxer Accused of Drunken Driving in Hemet

Woman killed, 3 family members critically injured in Irvine crash

13-year-old killed by suspected drunk driver on I-240

For 1,000,000 more....Google "Drunk Driver Kills"

Innocent people die or suffer when irresponsible people are able to skate justice

Forum List

Back