Indian Man, Woman Killed in Fall From Yosemite Park Overlook

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
It was a strange accident. I hope investigators will be able to get to the bottom of it.

---

SAN FRANCISCO — Yosemite National Park officials say two people who fell to their deaths from a popular overlook were a man and a woman from India who were living and working in the United States.

Officials said Monday that they were 29-year-old Vishnu Viswanath and 30-year-old Meenakshi Moorthy. It's not clear what their relationship was.

Park rangers recovered their bodies Thursday from about 800 feet (245 meters) below Taft Point, where visitors can walk to the edge of a vertigo-inducing granite ledge that doesn't have a railing.

Yosemite spokeswoman Jamie Richards didn't respond to phone or email messages requesting further details. She said in a statement that park officials were investigating the deaths and that could take several days.

There are over a Billion Indians on the planet ... not sure anyone will notice.

It was a strange accident. I hope investigators will be able to get to the bottom of it.

---

SAN FRANCISCO — Yosemite National Park officials say two people who fell to their deaths from a popular overlook were a man and a woman from India who were living and working in the United States.

Officials said Monday that they were 29-year-old Vishnu Viswanath and 30-year-old Meenakshi Moorthy. It's not clear what their relationship was.

Park rangers recovered their bodies Thursday from about 800 feet (245 meters) below Taft Point, where visitors can walk to the edge of a vertigo-inducing granite ledge that doesn't have a railing.

Yosemite spokeswoman Jamie Richards didn't respond to phone or email messages requesting further details. She said in a statement that park officials were investigating the deaths and that could take several days.

I figure they'll go through online posts and ask relatives if either of the two were angry or suicidal. I could see me grabbing for my kid if he was starting to fall and we both go, or my wife might grab for me. Tragic.

maybe they shoulda stayed in India near to their railroad yard 'poop' stations Vikrant .

Victims identified as married bloggers from India

A man and woman who died after falling from a cliff in Yosemite National Park have been identified as a married couple from India.

Vishnu Viswanath, 29, and Meenakshi Moorthy, 30, were living in the US and had maintained a travel blog of photos from their trips around the country.

In a recent Instagram post, the couple pondered the "daredevilry" of taking photos from dangerous locations.

Park rangers are investigating but say the cause of death may never be known.

Yosemite dead are married Indian bloggers

Forum List

Back