Canada’s relationship with the U.S. is in decline, and no one wants to talk about it

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
For 20 years I advised Canada to listen, now look. A few dishonest police forces over here are pals with a few naive, uncurious ones in America. Yippy. A sharp and predictable decline. NOW media talk about it, 25 years too late? Trump is to blame I'm sure (they need a scapegoat that ISN'T Canadia).... Canada’s relationship with the U.S. is in decline, and no one wants to talk about it.

Canada’s relationship with the U.S. is in decline, and no one wants to talk about it​

More than 50 years after Pierre Trudeau famously compared Canada-U.S. relations to “sleeping with an elephant,” it seems the beast is still lurking, Susan Delacourt writes.​

This past week, on the very same day Donald Trump was being placed under arrest in New York, many of the leading voices in the Canada-U.S. relationship were rammed into packed meeting rooms and corridors at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Toronto.
They were there to talk mainly about what’s going right between Canada and the United States, economically. They were not there to talk about what’s gone so wrong with Trump, or politics in general in the Trump era.
Yet whenever any speaker did broach the subject of Trump or, more broadly, the crumbling state of democracy in North America, a definite ripple went through the crowded ballroom.

“Back in 1989, when the (Berlin) Wall came down, the United States was the principal exporter of democracy worldwide — frequently unsuccessfully, frequently hypocritically,” said Ian Bremmer, head of the Eurasia Group, which hosted this inaugural Canada-U.S. summit in Toronto

Last edited:
Everything about the US is in decline.

Sorry, I don't think many in the US care much about Canada, other than to keep Trudy the hell away from their country, the little tyrant.

The US has enough tyrants to deal with.

Sorry, I don't think many in the US care much about Canada, other than to keep Trudy the hell away from their country, the little tyrant.

I hope you are wise enough to appreciate it isn't just "one side". You need more Rand Pauls. We all do.

Cananda needs to vote out Fidel Trudeau
trudeauassholertdgdfhf.JPG

For 20 years I advised Canada to listen, now look. A few dishonest police forces over here are pals with a few naive, uncurious ones in America. Yippy. A sharp and predictable decline. NOW media talk about it, 25 years too late? Trump is to blame I'm sure (they need a scapegoat that ISN'T Canadia).... Canada’s relationship with the U.S. is in decline, and no one wants to talk about it.

Canada’s relationship with the U.S. is in decline, and no one wants to talk about it​

More than 50 years after Pierre Trudeau famously compared Canada-U.S. relations to “sleeping with an elephant,” it seems the beast is still lurking, Susan Delacourt writes.​

This past week, on the very same day Donald Trump was being placed under arrest in New York, many of the leading voices in the Canada-U.S. relationship were rammed into packed meeting rooms and corridors at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Toronto.
They were there to talk mainly about what’s going right between Canada and the United States, economically. They were not there to talk about what’s gone so wrong with Trump, or politics in general in the Trump era.
Yet whenever any speaker did broach the subject of Trump or, more broadly, the crumbling state of democracy in North America, a definite ripple went through the crowded ballroom.

“Back in 1989, when the (Berlin) Wall came down, the United States was the principal exporter of democracy worldwide — frequently unsuccessfully, frequently hypocritically,” said Ian Bremmer, head of the Eurasia Group, which hosted this inaugural Canada-U.S. summit in Toronto
Canada houses a lot of folks that are heavily entangled into the statist left religion. It's a crying shame for folks like you that do not harbor the hive mentality. I can well remember discussions back in the mid 1980's between us Libertarians about the growing influence of the statist left ideology in Canada. So this situation in Canada did not just pop up in Canada in the last couple of years as it has been brewing for quite some time. Just make sure that you are on the correct side of the line drawn in the sand as eternity is one looong time!

You advised Canada???

Sorry, I don't think many in the US care much about Canada,

:lol: :lol: :lol: -- sorry .... I'm a German. We have no humor. No idea why I laughed.

opother than to keep Trudy the hell away from their country, the little tyrant.

One moment please: You have two borders and in nearly all countries of the world soldiers so everyone has to do what you say because you will otherwise waste other countries with war. How knows someone like you who lives in freedom and peace what is tyranny?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back