Canada rejected in bid to be part of high-level NAFTA talks between Mexico and U.S.: sources

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I think American leaders finally understand what's going on. They are working with Mexican leaders and circumventing Canada, who they know are untrustworthy and have from day one delayed and tried to hold off until after the Mid Terms when they believe the Dems will take back the House.

I hope the FBI and CIA do their job and protect American industries and workers from ALL foreign governments who lobby and interfere in an effort to put their interests ahead of Americas. Just because a nation was viewed as an honest democracy and ally 70 years ago, doesn't mean they remain so forever.

Canada rejected in bid to be part of high-level NAFTA talks between Mexico and U.S.: sources

Last edited:
The US wants to make separate deals with Canada and Messiko because the countries are just too different to lump in one group.

I think American leaders finally understand what's going on. They are working with Mexican leaders and circumventing Canada, who they know are untrustworthy and have from day one delayed and tried to hold off until after the Mid Terms when they believe the Dems will take back the House.

I hope the FBI and CIA do their job and protect American industries and workers from ALL foreign governments who lobby and interfere in an effort to put their interests ahead of Americas. Just because a nation was viewed as an honest democracy and ally 70 years ago, doesn't mean they remain so forever.

In Canada, we put Canadian interests first. This is our country as as such, our way of life is challenged by the actions of the USA. If you really are s Canadian, why do you want Americans walking all over our national identity?

How did the US get to be the richest, most powerful country in the world? It didn’t happen because other countries took advantage of Americans no matter how many times Trump says that’s what is happening. You are dumber than a sack of bricks if you think that Canada, or any other country, takes advantage of the US.

Americans have pushed their way of life, their culture and their business practices on the rest of the world. It is the US that has taken advantage of the rest of the world for their own profit.

In Canada, we put Canadian interests first. This is our country as as such, our way of life is challenged by the actions of the USA. If you really are s Canadian, why do you want Americans walking all over our national identity?

How did the US get to be the richest, most powerful country in the world? It didn’t happen because other countries took advantage of Americans no matter how many times Trump says that’s what is happening. You are dumber than a sack of bricks if you think that Canada, or any other country, takes advantage of the US.

Americans have pushed their way of life, their culture and their business practices on the rest of the world. It is the US that has taken advantage of the rest of the world for their own profit.
You sound very hostile to America. Please stay home and work on that hatred!

I always did like the simple minded explanation of things.

no one twisted your arm did they?.....

I always did like the simple minded explanation of things.

Yes complex ideas leave you confused and angry. Best to stick with simpler stuff. Lock her up. Build that wall. Those are things you’re capable of understanding.

Yes they did. We have been pushing back on Americsn intrusion on Canadian life for as long as I can remember.

During the original NAFTA negotiations, the US tried to force Canada to adopt US style health care. In this round of negotiations, you want us to destroy our dairy marketing boards. You’re trying to force your business practices on our industries.

Our resistance to be totally Americanized is at the heart of the failure of these negotiations.

Yes they did. We have been pushing back on Americsn intrusion on Canadian life for as long as I can remember.

During the original NAFTA negotiations, the US tried to force Canada to adopt US style health care. In this round of negotiations, you want us to destroy our dairy marketing boards. You’re trying to force your business practices on our industries.

Our resistance to be totally Americanized is at the heart of the failure of these negotiations.
We don’t really want you to be like us! Do your own thang! Trade or not trade it’s up to you!
Trump May Actually Be Right About the Trade Deficit With Canada

Personally I don’t want you pushing your dairy products or your lumber on us either. No more trade tariffs, no more deficits! Fair enough?

The US was the richest country in the world in the 60's and 70's since then the US politicians have been cutting deals that are unfavorable to US internal interest in an attempt to improve the standard of living to the rest of the world, especially our allies. Now and in resent history these federal policies are proving to be more detrimental to the US populous as the competiveness of countries has increased throughout the world. So eliminate all tariffs, duties and taxes on trade across international borders and call it a day.

What is truly sad in American politics is that a foreign nations have more influence through lobbying on this nations decision makers then the American citizens to buy sweetheart trade deals for their nation.

Who cares, you are totally Americanized by your own doing, at least near the border. I live right near the border and can be in Canada in way less that a hour by boat or car.
Hell I drive by one of the bridges to Canada 5 days a week.

What is the difference in Canada and America? We are fighters here, we actually got off our asses and fought British imperialism. Canada is still bound to the country that actually went around the globe inserting British colonies wherever she chose. Yep! Eat that Canada.

yea America is so bad....yet people the world over use the things we developed,call on us for troops if needed or our help because many dont have the infrastructure to do many things they need done....

Canada, still leading the world in being just North of The United States.

The US was the richest country in the world in the 60's and 70's since then the US politicians have been cutting deals that are unfavorable to US internal interest in an attempt to improve the standard of living to the rest of the world, especially our allies. Now and in resent history these federal policies are proving to be more detrimental to the US populous as the competiveness of countries has increased throughout the world. So eliminate all tariffs, duties and taxes on trade across international borders and call it a day.

What is truly sad in American politics is that a foreign nations have more influence through lobbying on this nations decision makers then the American citizens to buy sweetheart trade deals for their nation.

Bloomberg doesn’t say that Trump is correct. Just that he might be.

So you’re prepared to drop your 25% tariff on European made trucks and SUV’s? Your tariffs on Canadian soft wood lumber?

Because I don’t hear Trump talking about opening up US markets, just demanding that other markets buy more US products.

Bloomberg doesn’t say that Trump is correct. Just that he might be.

So you’re prepared to drop your 25% tariff on European made trucks and SUV’s? Your tariffs on Canadian soft wood lumber?

Because I don’t hear Trump talking about opening up US markets, just demanding that other markets buy more US products.

Is Canada willing to drop tariffs?

Forum List

Back