Canada accused of exploiting terror-related incidents

I can't see the video but CSIS just busted at terror cell up here with AQ as their backers. Is that what the video is about?

Vic Toews who's really been on about this is my representative in Parliament. He's never let his guard down on terror cells.

authorities with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police offered few details but said they had taken into custody two men: Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, and Raed Jaser, 35, neither of whom is a Canadian citizen.

"We are alleging that these two individuals took steps and conducted activities to initiate a terrorist attack," said Chief Superintendent Jennifer Strachan. Assistant RCMP Commissioner James Malizia added that Esseghaier and Jaser were being supported by "al-Qaeda elements in Iran," though he said there was no evidence to suggest the attack was state sponsored (experts note that an al-Qaeda connection to Iran is quite strange).

Today's arrests were reportedly the culmination of months of work in an investigation called "Operation Smooth," a cross-border project that teams up Canadian cops with the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The FBI's involvement and the RCMP's assertion that a threat was never "imminent," however, sound like hallmarks of a recent crop of terrorist threats that weren't—poorly planned plots cooked up and aided along by FBI officials who then arrest "terrorists" who probably wouldn't have become radicalized without the assistance and goading of undercover cops.

Canadian Cops Say They Foiled Terror Plot to Derail Passenger Train

authorities with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police offered few details but said they had taken into custody two men: Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, and Raed Jaser, 35, neither of whom is a Canadian citizen.

"We are alleging that these two individuals took steps and conducted activities to initiate a terrorist attack," said Chief Superintendent Jennifer Strachan. Assistant RCMP Commissioner James Malizia added that Esseghaier and Jaser were being supported by "al-Qaeda elements in Iran," though he said there was no evidence to suggest the attack was state sponsored (experts note that an al-Qaeda connection to Iran is quite strange).

Today's arrests were reportedly the culmination of months of work in an investigation called "Operation Smooth," a cross-border project that teams up Canadian cops with the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The FBI's involvement and the RCMP's assertion that a threat was never "imminent," however, sound like hallmarks of a recent crop of terrorist threats that weren't—poorly planned plots cooked up and aided along by FBI officials who then arrest "terrorists" who probably wouldn't have become radicalized without the assistance and goading of undercover cops.

Canadian Cops Say They Foiled Terror Plot to Derail Passenger Train

Ok this one. Yuppers. They were going to go for a VIA rail line. I'm suspect of everything just so you know; this is a real deal.

We had a couple of home growns going back to Somalia and blowing up their former brethren.

RCMP don't play games up here any more after a couple of life shattering incidences. Think the "pig man".

They let this guy go for years. When we find out that our people are fucking up we kick ass.We had them all on the ropes over this.

I have no idea because I am a dual citizen (proudly in Tennessee and Florida) why you let your bastards get away with the shit they do.

I just don't get you guys any more.

Robert Pickton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They let this guy go for years. When we find out that our people are fucking up we kick ass.We had them all on the ropes over this.

I have no idea because I am a dual citizen (proudly in Tennessee and Florida) why you let your bastards get away with the shit they do.

I just don't get you guys any more.

Robert Pickton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they were to busy trying to convince 16 yr olds to become terrorist in a RCMP funded terrorist training camp to worry about a couple dozen dead hookers

Alleged Toronto terrorist cell included Canadian Security Intelligence Service mole
By David Adelaide
27 July 2006
The revelation that the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service (CSIS) had an informant or mole planted within the group arrested in Toronto in early June for allegedly plotting terrorist attacks is being used by Canadian authorities and the corporate media to continue their campaign to create a climate of fear conducive to the promotion of a right-wing agenda.
Earlier this month, Mubin Shaikh admitted to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s Fifth Estate and the Globe and Mail that he had been working for CSIS for two years and that on its instruction he had befriended members of the Toronto group, passing himself off as someone with military expertise because he had been an army cadet and a Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) reservist.
According to his own account, Shaikh first approached CSIS in 2004 in an effort to help an acquaintance charged with participating in a British bombing plot, then agreed to become an informant. He claims to have been paid $77,000 for this service over the past two years and to be owed a further $300,000.
Having gained the trust of Fahim Ahmed, the reputed leader of the Toronto terrorist plot, Shaikh was asked to lead a two-week training camp held in rural Ontario during December 2005. This training camp has repeatedly been cited by CSIS, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), and the media as proof of the Toronto group’s intent and capacity to commit heinous terrorist acts.
In fact, the training camp took place entirely under the eyes of Canada’s security forces. While Shaikh, the CSIS mole, led the camp, members of the Canadian Armed Forces’ elite special operations force were deployed a few minutes’ helicopter ride away, on the chance that Canada’s security establishment decided this was the time to stage the “smashing” of the alleged terrorist cell.

Toronto 18: Key events in the case - Canada - CBC News

Last edited:
Canada accused of exploiting terror-related incidents

No one will ever accuse id-eots of being anything but gullible and ridiculous.

That twit has never heard of any kook conspiracy theory he doesn't immediately lap right the fuck up.

Forum List

Back