Canada about to make national anthem more "gender-inclusive" - HAHAHA

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Sorry ladies, but the fact is you are inferior. You don't have the physical strength or brains or drive of men. That's why all great people are men.

http://redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=4&s=webslice&tp=iefavbar&pf=cnnb&locale=en_us&bd=pavilion&c=101

april 5 2017 The Canadian parliament is on the verge of passing legislation that would alter the words of its national anthem in order to be more ‘gender-inclusive.’

The bill, which was first introduced last year by the late Liberal MP Mauril Belanger, would change male-oriented stanzas, more specifically the line ‘all thy sons command.’

That phrase would be changed to ‘all of us command,’ according to Heatstreet.

The proposed changes to O Canada have outraged conservatives – and even some liberals in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s own party - who have blasted the bill as an example of overreach in the name of political correctness.

Sorry ladies, but the fact is you are inferior. You don't have the physical strength or brains or drive of men. That's why all great people are men.

http://redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=4&s=webslice&tp=iefavbar&pf=cnnb&locale=en_us&bd=pavilion&c=101

april 5 2017 The Canadian parliament is on the verge of passing legislation that would alter the words of its national anthem in order to be more ‘gender-inclusive.’

The bill, which was first introduced last year by the late Liberal MP Mauril Belanger, would change male-oriented stanzas, more specifically the line ‘all thy sons command.’

The proposed changes to O Canada have outraged conservatives – and even some liberals in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s own party - who have blasted the bill as an example of overreach in the name of political correctness.
"You Got Me So Excited, Margaret, That I Came When I Was Just In"

Ten million Mexican citizens--male, female, and other--who voted for Señora Deplora disagree with your remarks and support Primo Meester Tru-D'oh! on this.

• Banned
If you brainless bimbos want to be considered the equal of men, then produce a steve jobs or henry ford or thomas edison. We don't need social workers and english teachers.

If you brainless bimbos want to be considered the equal of men, then produce a steve jobs or henry ford or thomas edison. We don't need social workers and english teachers.

Seeing as how "Steve Jobs", Henry Ford", "Thomas Edison" and the word "English" are all proper nouns and therefore get capital letters ----- obviously we do.

It seems in Canada they change their national anthem more often than we change our Pledge of Allegiance. I recall "God Save the Queen" being song before Hockey Night in Canada games in the 1960's. Perhaps if they go back to that the Leafs may finally bring home another Stanley Cup. Don't know how the new words go, but always thought Oh Canada was pretty cool.

Liberal males in Canada are more like women then most Canadian women are.........

So, maybe the Canucks have a point.

The line in question "all thy sons command" is a filler line for the English version of an originally French lyric (1880), which mentions neither "sons" nor people at all; the original line there is Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux ('glorious deeds circle your brow" with 'you' referring to the country). So what the MP is proposing to tweak is a translated version that wasn't a faithful translation of the original anyway. Actually it also wasn't in the original English version (1908) either, which gave that line as "thou dost in us command", so what's proposed here is more a return closer to its original form.

Moreover this line change was first proposed by the Toronto City Council -- in 1990, 27 years ago.

Last edited:
It seems in Canada they change their national anthem more often than we change our Pledge of Allegiance. I recall "God Save the Queen" being song before Hockey Night in Canada games in the 1960's. Perhaps if they go back to that the Leafs may finally bring home another Stanley Cup. Don't know how the new words go, but always thought Oh Canada was pretty cool.

It is --- it's the way it drops into that dramatic minor chord and then comes home. Way cooler musically than that English drinking song we use.

hmmm I'll cede on physical strength, but challenge the brains bit... I suspect the OPs the kind I'd have chasing his own tail for the rest of his life, none the wiser for my devious plotz heh

Yeah, I mean, it was the men who voted for a guy who is an absolute DISASTER...

hmmm I'll cede on physical strength, but challenge the brains bit... I

So how do you explain that 99% of great businesspeople and scientists are male??? Where is the female steven jobs or thomas edison or isaac newton? THINK

Forum List

Back