Can you truly love more than once ?

If its true love

Of course, I believe the heart is resilient and the ability to love grows as the person experiences life. A broken heart heals, the person becomes wiser, understanding ourselves better after a lost love.

I have had my heart broken a few times only to heal and be wiser in choosing who to love and what I need from a person and relationship. While sensitive, I am not the type to let disappointment or a person keep me down too long.

Today I make better choices....

I don't know if I've ever had true love, that's kinda sad ain't it
I've had lots of relationships just dunno, thought I was in love at the time I suppose

Hmm what is true love? Something that stays with you always even if you're not with that person, I dunno ya asking the wrong person here.

Last edited:
I don't know if I've ever had true love, that's kinda sad ain't it
I've had lots of relationships just dunno, thought I was in love at the time I suppose

Eternal Blue, I am not sure how one defines "true love" but I am just curious what you or others might consider the difference between love and "true" love. I thought all love was true.

Hmm what is true love? Something that states with you always even if you're not with that person, I dunno ya asking the wrong person here.

haha I have more questions than answers sometimes. Sorry.

When I love someone it is 24/7 kind of love. I am not trying to be a wise ass but if there is a true love does that mean there is also a false love? :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Hmm what is true love? Something that states with you always even if you're not with that person, I dunno ya asking the wrong person here.

When I love someone it is 24/7 kind of love. I am not trying to be a wise ass but if there is a true love does that mean there is also a false love? :eusa_angel:

I always have tons of questions too
I don't know about false love but I guess you can think you love someone and then realise you don:-/

I always have tons of questions too
I don't know about false love but I guess you can think you love someone and then realise you don:-/

Maybe you are referring to everlasting love. Love can come in many forms of course. But yes I believe you can truly love more than once.

Yes. What exactly is true love? Is not all love true?

Hell no, not all love is true. What some people think is love is co-dependence. "I will die without you!"

Or taking a beating over and over because one is unable to figure out how to live independently.

True love is being able to live without anyone but choosing to live with someone.

Last edited:
So do you think you can love someone for a year and it be true love?

True love is being able to live without someone but choosing to live with them.

That's not what I think true love should be like

By "for a year", do you mean for a year and then it ends?

True love is not all bone-crushing emotions and long sighs and chocolates. You get all that with infatuation and demon sex. That is all there for true love, too, but there is so much more than that.

True love, generally speaking, is for the long haul. While the people in the relationship grow old and start to sag here and there, true love doesn't.

To answer your original question, there are 7 or 8 billion people on Earth. It would be foolish to think there is only one match for you. If there was only one match, the odds of finding that match would be much worse against you than winning the lottery.

So yes, you can have more than one true love. There are many, many true loves out there for you. And it does not take anything away from the prior if you find another.

Last edited:

By "for a year", do you mean for a year and then it ends?

True love is not all bone-crushing emotions and long sighs and chocolates. You get all that with infatuation and demon sex. That is all there for true love, too, but there is so much more than that.

True love, generally speaking, is for the long haul. While the people in the relationship grow old and start to sag here and there, true love doesn't.

To answer your original question, there are 7 or 8 billion people on Earth. It would be foolish to think there is only one match for you. If there was only one match, the odds of finding that match would be much worse against you than winning the lottery.

So yes, you can have more than one true love. There are many, many true loves out there for you. And it does not take anything away from the prior if you find another.

yes what if you think your in love with someone then after a year you feel differently, was it love?

don't worry i'm not on the look out for love, you can all rest easy fellas *winks*

Forum List

Back