Can you name all the mucous membranes

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
There's more than you'd think!

For the purpose of this question, a mucous membrane is a secreting layer of cells open to direct exposure from elements outside the body.

Comrade said:
There's more than you'd think!

For the purpose of this question, a mucous membrane is a secreting layer of cells open to direct exposure from elements outside the body.

Great question first thing in the morning :cof: ----I always figured it was just one big connected one that exposed it self in several locations on the body :)

dilloduck said:
Great question first thing in the morning :cof: ----I always figured it was just one big connected one that exposed it self in several locations on the body :)

Right idea... can you be more specific? Think of such membranes as places for possible contagion to enter the bloodstream more easily than any place else in the body.

Comrade said:
Right idea... can you be more specific? Think of such membranes as places for possible contagion to enter the bloodstream more easily than any place else in the body.

Sheesh, you should get some sleep.

okay, if you can think of more than the lungs, cuticles, inner ear, you win the thread, because that's all I know in addition.

Forum List

Back