Can you be pro life and drive faster than the speed limit?

Statistically, people who drive above the speed limit are three times more likely to be in an accident that causes fatalities to themselves or others. So if you speed, you are essentially pro choice, saying "I don't care about the potential innocent lives I might kill, it's all about me getting to where I want to go. It's my choice." Some of these fatality victims are innocent people who are in other cars, or even pedestrians.

So if you, like me, are pro life and you speed, isn't that a huge double standard?

(there are a zillion studies on the speeding/fatalities nexus, but this one I believe was the first):

http://www.polsci.ucsb.edu/faculty/glasgow/ps15/CampbellRoss.pdf

No. An abortion is the murder of a human...driving fast is not.

Statistically, people who drive above the speed limit are three times more likely to be in an accident that causes fatalities to themselves or others. So if you speed, you are essentially pro choice, saying "I don't care about the potential innocent lives I might kill, it's all about me getting to where I want to go. It's my choice." Some of these fatality victims are innocent people who are in other cars, or even pedestrians.

So if you, like me, are pro life and you speed, isn't that a huge double standard?

(there are a zillion studies on the speeding/fatalities nexus, but this one I believe was the first):

No. An abortion is the murder of a human...driving fast is not.
Wrong. By driving over the speed limit, you contribute to traffic fatalities. That's death. That's what the numbers show. I'm pro life and I recognize the double standard even in myself.

Every person alive is 'pro-life'.

The ones you are talking about are pro-birth only. AFter a child is born these people view it as a leech on society and could not care less about getting the child to a doctor. They also watch every day as 20,000 children already born die, which could have been saved if these self-righteous fakes spent a little of their own money or volunteered a little of their own time. But they don't. They are not pro-life, only pro-birth because being pro-birth doesn't cost anything and required nothing more than to utter the words.

Absolutely false.

Every person alive is 'pro-life'.

The ones you are talking about are pro-birth only. AFter a child is born these people view it as a leech on society and could not care less about getting the child to a doctor. They also watch every day as 20,000 children already born die, which could have been saved if these self-righteous fakes spent a little of their own money or volunteered a little of their own time. But they don't. They are not pro-life, only pro-birth because being pro-birth doesn't cost anything and required nothing more than to utter the words.

Untrue! There are plenty of silly people out there who are pro death. Of course they want everyone else to die first which makes them asshats, but they are out there. Here is one of the groups.

As I always say to them...."you first!"

The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement
VHEMT

I've been driving for over forty years. I have two speeds... stop and 147 mph.
I've never even had a fender bender in all that time. People do not take driving well as serious as they should. If you are a shitty driver, go the speed limit.
:)
The statistics clearly show you triple the risk of innocent fatalities (not just your own) by speeding. Therefore you are pro death.

Absolutely false.
I learned in 8th grade how easily statistics could be manipulated to show whatever you want.
I have never even come kissing close to having an accident.
I excellent at driving.
I am pro- life.
Or anti-abortion. Either one.

I've never even had a fender bender in all that time. People do not take driving well as serious as they should. If you are a shitty driver, go the speed limit.
The statistics clearly show you triple the risk of innocent fatalities (not just your own) by speeding. Therefore you are pro death.

Absolutely false.
I learned in 8th grade how easily statistics could be manipulated to show whatever you want.
I excellent at driving.
I am pro- life.
"I've never had an accident so the statistics are false."

It is my contention that pro Life people are not smart enough to drive let alone walk.

Get over here and tongue punch my little dogs fart box.
Thanks in advance

Absolutely false.
I excellent at driving.
I am pro- life.

There ya go.

Absolutely false.
I excellent at driving.
I am pro- life.

The study was poorly done. It is not the speed that matters, it is the skill of the drivers involved. All that speed does is increase the chance of injury or death. I reviewed a study a while back that was comparing accident statistics for Corvettes vs Volvo's and they concluded that Volvo's were far safer cars based on the injuries sustained by the Corvette drivers.

The problem was they ignored the average speed of the accidents that they were using for their study. For the Volvo the average speed of accident was 32 miles per hour. For the Corvettes it was 105 mph! So DUH, yet again an example of how studies done by morons are not just useless, but lead to false premises so are actually harmful.

Absolutely false.
I excellent at driving.
I am pro- life.

Absolutely false.

Your absolutely false to me is wildly inaccurate.

Forum List

Back