Can we trust Romney?

Well we know we can't trust Obama, so yea......I think trusting Romney will be pretty durn easy. He doesn't have to spend taxpayer money to repay his "supporters".

So what are you saying, that Romney will use his own money? Doesn't make sense...
The people Plummitting $$$ into Romney's political account want a pay back with large interest plans, to protect their own, not America.

I trust him to stand by his principled stands on abortion, healthcare, and gay rights that he has held since he ran for office in Massachusetts.

I do trust him to try to cut billions from programs for poor children, and use those billions for some sort of missile defense of Poland,

which he will argue is necessary because the Cold War is back!

President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet. MY promise...is to help you and your family.

I will begin my presidency with a jobs tour. President Obama began with an apology tour. America, he said, had dictated to other nations. No Mr. President, America has freed other nations from dictators.

Every American was relieved the day President Obama gave the order, and Seal Team Six took out Osama bin Laden. But on another front, every American is less secure today because he has failed to slow Iran’s nuclear threat.

In his first TV interview as president, he said we should talk to Iran. We’re still talking, and Iran’s centrifuges are still spinning.

President Obama has thrown allies like Israel under the bus, even as he has relaxed sanctions on Castro’s Cuba. He abandoned our friends in Poland by walking away from our missile defense commitments, but is eager to give Russia’s President Putin the flexibility he desires, after the election. Under my administration, our friends will see more loyalty, and Mr. Putin will see a little less flexibility and more backbone.

We will honor America’s democratic ideals because a free world is a more peaceful world. This is the bipartisan foreign policy legacy of Truman and Reagan. And under my presidency we will return to it once again.

You might have asked yourself if these last years are really the America we want, the America won for us by the greatest generation.

Does the America we want borrow a trillion dollars from China? No.

Does it fail to find the jobs that are needed for 23 million people and for half the kids graduating from college? No.

Are its schools lagging behind the rest of the developed world? No.

And does the America we want succumb to resentment and division? We know the answer.

The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness.

Everywhere I go in America, there are monuments that list those who have given their lives for America. There is no mention of their race, their party affiliation, or what they did for a living. They lived and died under a single flag, fighting for a single purpose. They pledged allegiance to the UNITED States of America.

That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother’s confidence that their children’s future is brighter even than the past.

That America, that united America, will preserve a military that is so strong, no nation would ever dare to test it.

That America, that united America, will uphold the constellation of rights that were endowed by our Creator, and codified in our Constitution.

That united America will care for the poor and the sick, will honor and respect the elderly, and will give a helping hand to those in need.

That America is the best within each of us. That America we want for our children.

If I am elected President of these United States, I will work with all my energy and soul to restore that America, to lift our eyes to a better future. That future is our destiny. That future is out there. It is waiting for us. Our children deserve it, our nation depends upon it, the peace and freedom of the world require it. And with your help we will deliver it. Let us begin that future together tonight.

RNC 2012: Mitt Romney speech to GOP convention (Full Text) - The Washington Post
I see you're back in the tank for him ;)

I believe we can trust him to end medicare
, continue with Dubya's boneheaded corporate glad-handing, and make women feel uncomfortable in their own country.

But as for policy, he hasn't given anything concrete, just promises that he can be trusted.

While still refusing to release his tax returns....

They are projecting that Medicare and Social Security are going to run out funds right around the time I reach retirement age. Does it really make sense to be afraid of reform and to clamor for keeping things "as we know it"???

Medicare

I believe we can trust him to ... make women feel uncomfortable in their own country.

What women? Liberal women? Or women that are interested in risky, unprotected sex and therefore possibly need to get an abortion at a moment's notice? Because, to me, if a woman is responsible with herself and her body then the issue of needing to get an abortion isn't going to be incredibly pressing. I can understand some hesitation on the "no abortion even when raped" thing but i also don't think most women walk around thinking they're going to be raped around every corner.

If you're a self respecting woman, i personally don't see how Romney could make you uncomfortable and more than a man might be uncomfortable with him. He's a religious guy. He's a devoted father and husband. He's a good samaritan.

I believe we can trust him to ... make women feel uncomfortable in their own country.

What women? Liberal women? Or women that are interested in risky, unprotected sex and therefore possibly need to get an abortion at a moment's notice? Because, to me, if a woman is responsible with herself and her body then the issue of needing to get an abortion isn't going to be incredibly pressing. I can understand some hesitation on the "no abortion even when raped" thing but i also don't think most women walk around thinking they're going to be raped around every corner.

If you're a self respecting woman, i personally don't see how Romney could make you uncomfortable and more than a man might be uncomfortable with him. He's a religious guy. He's a devoted father and husband. He's a good samaritan.

:rolleyes:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...-letting-the-states-decide-2.html#post5900514

Yet trustworthiness remains an abiding question about Romney. In a poll released on the eve of the convention, the Pew Research Center found that while impressions of Romney have improved since the primaries, “42 percent of the words volunteered by respondents are clearly negative, most commonly liar, arrogant, crook, out of touch, distrust and fake.” And the report continues: “Fewer (28 percent) offer words that are clearly positive in tone, such as honest, good, leadership, and capable.”

Two comments this week from his own team illustrate a contradiction. Capping a tender personal portrait of a dedicated family man, hardworking professional, and generous neighbor, Ann Romney declared: “You can trust Mitt.” Outside the convention hall, meanwhile, Romney pollster Neil Newhouse pushed back against media criticism of distortion and blatant dishonesty in the campaign’s messages by saying, “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.”

Which is it? Romney repeated several of the most discredited claims of his campaign in his acceptance speech about Mr. Obama’s plans for Medicare and reforms to welfare. He accused Obama of divisiveness and partisan gridlock when, as veteran congressional watchers Norman Ornstein and Thomas Mann have documented, his own party – and indeed running mate Paul Ryan – were willing to vote against measures they themselves co-sponsored rather than reach accord with the president. His disingenuous claims are numerous.
After Mitt Romney's speech, voters may still ask: Can we trust him? - CSMonitor.com
St Ronnie says NO, you damn well better not trust him.

REAGAN: "Trust me government" asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man, that we trust him to do what's best for us. Well, my view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties.

Yet trustworthiness remains an abiding question about Romney. In a poll released on the eve of the convention, the Pew Research Center found that while impressions of Romney have improved since the primaries, “42 percent of the words volunteered by respondents are clearly negative, most commonly liar, arrogant, crook, out of touch, distrust and fake.” And the report continues: “Fewer (28 percent) offer words that are clearly positive in tone, such as honest, good, leadership, and capable.”

Two comments this week from his own team illustrate a contradiction. Capping a tender personal portrait of a dedicated family man, hardworking professional, and generous neighbor, Ann Romney declared: “You can trust Mitt.” Outside the convention hall, meanwhile, Romney pollster Neil Newhouse pushed back against media criticism of distortion and blatant dishonesty in the campaign’s messages by saying, “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.”

Which is it? Romney repeated several of the most discredited claims of his campaign in his acceptance speech about Mr. Obama’s plans for Medicare and reforms to welfare. He accused Obama of divisiveness and partisan gridlock when, as veteran congressional watchers Norman Ornstein and Thomas Mann have documented, his own party – and indeed running mate Paul Ryan – were willing to vote against measures they themselves co-sponsored rather than reach accord with the president. His disingenuous claims are numerous.
After Mitt Romney's speech, voters may still ask: Can we trust him? - CSMonitor.com
St Ronnie says NO, you damn well better not trust him.

REAGAN: "Trust me government" asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man, that we trust him to do what's best for us. Well, my view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties.

I have a vague recollection but trading public property like armament paraphernalia to accumulate liquid assets too facilitate extra activities transparently on other people Come's to mind:confused:

Forum List

Back