Can we educate people to live a better life, or are humans simply incapable?

"'You look in supermarket trollies - no wonder they’re overweight’, Tory MP urges kids to eat more vegetables"

"More should be done to educate people on healthy food choices in order to battle the "ticking time bomb" that is the obesity crisis, a Conservative MP has said.

Sir Robert Goodwill, who chairs the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, made the comments as the committee published a report suggesting that food insecurity will result in 40 million people being obese by 2035."

I read this article and wondered whether it's even worth it. You could "educate" people till the cows come home, but the reality is most people will ignore whatever education they get and turn to a default program setting inside.
My life's GREAT!!! I'm OK with making it better though. Hmmmm; I might repaint the V8 Jeep. More sailing and fishing once the spring comes around in a few weeks. Not sure how the Solar are going; put them in a couple of months ago. (ONLY because idiot lefty jackasses are going to make mains power more expensive like they have other fuels.....the SCUM!!!

Greg

I have. You support an agenda that is guaranteed to give children eating disorders. I oppose it. Deal with it.

Did I make any comment about what I support or don't support?

No, I did not. I ASKED A QUESTION about whether you could educate people to do this or not.

You haven't even got close to this topic. You've taken one look, seen a few words, decided you know what the topic is and gone off on one about whatever the fuck you think it is, and you're not even close.

Forcing your kids to eat food they don't like could give them an eating disorder. Having a chunky child isn't the worst problem you could face in life and it could cost them theirs.
When the kids were little.....once they could walk...took them on long morning walks with fresh air and playing in remnant forest. No fatties!!!!

Greg

No, I did not. I ASKED A QUESTION about whether you could educate people to do this or not.

You haven't even got close to this topic. You've taken one look, seen a few words, decided you know what the topic is and gone off on one about whatever the fuck you think it is, and you're not even close.
You mean THEY don't know already??

Wow. Interesting that Michelle was talking directly to DEMOCRATS...........just sayin'!!!

Greg

"'You look in supermarket trollies - no wonder they’re overweight’, Tory MP urges kids to eat more vegetables"

"More should be done to educate people on healthy food choices in order to battle the "ticking time bomb" that is the obesity crisis, a Conservative MP has said.

Sir Robert Goodwill, who chairs the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, made the comments as the committee published a report suggesting that food insecurity will result in 40 million people being obese by 2035."

I read this article and wondered whether it's even worth it. You could "educate" people till the cows come home, but the reality is most people will ignore whatever education they get and turn to a default program setting inside.
In what country do they call grocery carts "trollies"?

It's not in America. Oh! The "MP" gives it away, it's UK.

So, what percentage of your population is Muslims now? Your culture is going bye bye, and that's sad, but you did it to yourselves.

YOU stated: I read this article and wondered whether it's even worth it. You could "educate" people till the cows come home, but the reality is most people will ignore whatever education they get and turn to a default program setting inside.

The very beginning of your article states:

'We were made to eat vegetables when we were children and actually we came to love them'​

Your "educating" people is the single most destructive thing I have seen posted on this site and that is saying something. Making children eat things they do not like is directly linked to eating disorders in children as young as 5 years old. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the consequences of what this article is espousing or you can default to your programming or your ego, whichever you prefer. Either way, your article is a horrible piece of advice.

Ever since Michelle Obama made healthy eating her "cause", people have been ballooning, especially Michelle. That leads me to believe that knowing what to eat isn't enough. Maybe more spiritual teaching which would result in greater self-discipline which would lead to some weight loss. At least for believers. Democrats may have a harder time.
My answer; more exercise and fewer and smaller portions. I might get there some day. It's not as if I don't know already.

Greg

YOU stated: I read this article and wondered whether it's even worth it. You could "educate" people till the cows come home, but the reality is most people will ignore whatever education they get and turn to a default program setting inside.

'We were made to eat vegetables when we were children and actually we came to love them'​

Your "educating" people is the single most destructive thing I have seen posted on this site and that is saying something. Making children eat things they do not like is directly linked to eating disorders in children as young as 5 years old. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the consequences of what this article is espousing or you can default to your programming or your ego, whichever you prefer. Either way, your article is a horrible piece of advice.
Whoah, dude! You should eat your vegetables.

When I was a kid there was 2 choices for dinner:

Eat it or don't.

If it had vegetables, you eat that, too! :aargh:

Humans eating nothing but hot dogs and baloney sandwiches and chicken nuggets (holy crap those are bad) and pizza and Hotpockets is NOT proper nutrition, brah.

"Traumatizing children making them eat things they say they don't like".

Oh hell no!

You have to make children try new things to eat or else they won't. That's a fact.

I got a story about that and Froot Loops but I'll save that for later, and I was 2 1/2 and I remember that.

Last edited:

Okay, so you read what I wrote. Then you IGNORE THE FUCK OUT OF WHAT I WROTE, went to the article and picked up one quote from there about vegetables that seems to have NOTHING to do with what you're talking about or with what I'm talking about.

Then you go on about "Your "educating""

But the REALITY is that I asked whether we should educate or not. You're not talking about that.

You're trying to say I support some kind of agenda. What this "agenda" is, nobody knows, you've gone on about eating disorders, for I don't know what the fuck reason, you've gone on about some default setting I supposedly have, and the reason I supposedly have this is because you decided that I'm trying to control people.

Did I mention anything about controlling people? No.

I asked whether we should bother educating people about eating.

So, for the last fucking time, either talk about the topic or fuck off.

Okay, so you read what I wrote. Then you IGNORE THE FUCK OUT OF WHAT I WROTE, went to the article and picked up one quote from there about vegetables that seems to have NOTHING to do with what you're talking about or with what I'm talking about.

Then you go on about "Your "educating""

But the REALITY is that I asked whether we should educate or not. You're not talking about that.

You're trying to say I support some kind of agenda. What this "agenda" is, nobody knows, you've gone on about eating disorders, for I don't know what the fuck reason, you've gone on about some default setting I supposedly have, and the reason I supposedly have this is because you decided that I'm trying to control people.

Did I mention anything about controlling people? No.

I asked whether we should bother educating people about eating.

So, for the last fucking time, either talk about the topic or fuck off.

The topic is you got called on your crap post about a crap article that is 100% wrong. Processed foods are not evil. Forcing kids to eat food they don't like is. Get as pissed as you want that you can't control others opinions, but your "education" is factless and and harmful.

Whoah, dude! You should eat your vegetables.

When I was a kid there was 2 choices for dinner:

Eat it or don't.

If it had vegetables, you eat that, too! :aargh:

Humans eating nothing but hot dogs and baloney sandwiches and chicken nuggets (holy crap those are bad) and pizza and Hotpockets is NOT proper nutrition, brah.

"Traumatizing children making them eat things they say they don't like".

Oh hell no!

You have to make children try new things to eat or else they won't. That's a fact.

I got a story about that and Froot Loops but I'll save that for later, and I was 2 1/2 and I remember that.

"Making a child clean his plate may get those vegetables into his stomach, but it will also cause stress and conflict and perhaps contribute to the development of an eating disorder.

Dieticians and other researchers concerned with the eating habits of children have determined that this practice is detrimental to a child's mental and social development."

My life's GREAT!!! I'm OK with making it better though. Hmmmm; I might repaint the V8 Jeep. More sailing and fishing once the spring comes around in a few weeks. Not sure how the Solar are going; put them in a couple of months ago. (ONLY because idiot lefty jackasses are going to make mains power more expensive like they have other fuels.....the SCUM!!!

Greg
Dude, owait, yes I have the guy that used to work with me has one..
but before that , the only V8 Jeep I ever saw was a friend's that one night they call me up to come drive this ...thing..back from over by the beach.

Gulf coast beach..O Man! This thing has a short wheelbase, a 400 big block with a double barrel, big tires, no/barely existant windshield, wtf?

You touch the gas and it feels like it's gonna send you barrel-rolling. The turning is absolutely crazy!

I made it back, had a lotta eye boogers the next day. I drove about 50 the whole way, it sucked.

I got mah boy's vehicle back home, whatever.

We won't talk about the other thing that happened during that venture.

The topic is you got called on your crap post about a crap article that is 100% wrong. Processed foods are not evil. Forcing kids to eat food they don't like is. Get as pissed as you want that you can't control others opinions, but your "education" is factless and and harmful.

Bye bye

When the kids were little.....once they could walk...took them on long morning walks with fresh air

My mom had a more simple plan. Every day is Summer Vacation, she told my sister's and I ...

"Go out and play ... and don't come home until the street lines come on"

Dude, owait, yes I have the guy that used to work with me has one..
but before that , the only V8 Jeep I ever saw was a friend's that one night they call me up to come drive this ...thing..back from over by the beach.

Gulf coast beach..O Man! This thing has a short wheelbase, a 400 big block with a double barrel, big tires, no/barely existant windshield, wtf?

You touch the gas and it feels like it's gonna send you barrel-rolling. The turning is absolutely crazy!

I made it back, had a lotta eye boogers the next day. I drove about 50 the whole way, it sucked.

I got mah boy's vehicle back home, whatever.

We won't talk about the other thing that happened during that venture.
Mine is like this one. Nearly 250000 miles and just replaced the head gasket. Replaced the motor at 180000 miles. Made in Austria (Europe) and is a 4.7 L V8. The drive system is a dream!!! Joint Chrysler/Mercedes venture. (I think).

1999_jeep_grand_cherokee_limited_4x4_loaded_1_lgw.jpg

Stuff the "End of Days" alarmist wankers!!!

Greg

We need to consume more protein and less starches. kids are overweight because most of them consume way too much sugar.

Forum List

Back