Can We All Agree That 'Yes or No' Questions are Nothing More Than a Cheap Trick?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
"Do you still beat your wife, Yes or No?"

Of course the correct response is 'Eat shit', but it might be considered rude to say that to a Congresscritter.

No question worth asking can be answered with a simplistic yes or no. To ask such a question is merely harassment and cheap rhetorical antics.

But guess what? It is the new favorite form of interrogation for Congressional Democrats.

Of course the correct response is 'Eat shit', but it might be considered rude to say that to a Congresscritter.

No question worth asking can be answered with a simplistic yes or no. To ask such a question is merely harassment and cheap rhetorical antics.

But guess what? It is the new favorite form of interrogation for Congressional Democrats.
I see what you mean. I asked a congressperson if they ate shit sandwiches once and they said no. So am I supposed to think that they didn't don't like eating shit or is it the bread they didn't like?

That's not a simple Yes or no question. That's called a loaded question. There is a large difference.

I'm afraid that "yes" or "no" is pretty much the best we can do at this point.

That's what happens when a formerly dynamic country's critical thinking skills atrophy.

Sometimes the answer is easy as 1 or 0, black and white. Best not to get bogged down in semantic shades of gray lest one talk himself out of his intended reply. Yes, that was a particularly tasty fortune cookie.

Forum List

Back