Can we all admit the Tea Party was a massive failure?

The tea party was astroturf paid for by people like Dick Army and the Koch Brothers who thought that they could buy elections.

Only problem is.................the teabaggers ended up picking lots of far right wing radicals who in their primaries actually beat the Republican who would have had a fighting chance at winning over the Democrat. Wanna talk about Sharon Angle? Christine O'donnell?

Face it GOP, the tea party is the reason you're going to go the way of the Whigs.

And the far left is a bunch of crazies who have appointed enough nutbags to cover their asses for the time being. Don't count on it being that way for long. Rationality always rights the ship, so to speak. And it's always a sad and tumultious time for the liberals when that happens.

Projection, rationality is righting the ship as we speak.

Pssssssssssssssssssst. That avie is not going to win anyone to your side whatever it is.

Board rule 101 don't make people scared. :eusa_angel:

And the far left is a bunch of crazies who have appointed enough nutbags to cover their asses for the time being. Don't count on it being that way for long. Rationality always rights the ship, so to speak. And it's always a sad and tumultious time for the liberals when that happens.

Yeah.....you're real rational.......as rational as your 'image'........:lol:.

That's kind of weird coming from someone acting as mature as your name.

Pssssssssssssssssssst. That avie is not going to win anyone to your side whatever it is.

I'll have you know that Burt is the most mature and intellectual of all the muppets, not his fault he is hideous.

Difficult to tell the success or failure of something that never really existed outside the imagination of talk radio hosts.

Similarly, I perfer to target the "Wall Street Protest" movement as a massive failure.

Conversely, in the real world, I see growing govenment expenditures (regardless of partisan responsibility)) as a massive failure elipsing everything, real and imagined, and wonder why, with this 800 lb gorrilla in the room, anyone would be focused on something as insignifiant as either the Tea Party or Wall Street Protest.

It's all this bizarre illusion. I don't know how else to describe it.

Difficult to tell the success or failure of something that never really existed outside the imagination of talk radio hosts.

Similarly, I perfer to target the "Wall Street Protest" movement as a massive failure.

Conversely, in the real world, I see growing govenment expenditures (regardless of partisan responsibility)) as a massive failure elipsing everything, real and imagined, and wonder why, with this 800 lb gorrilla in the room, anyone would be focused on something as insignifiant as either the Tea Party or Wall Street Protest.

It's all this bizarre illusion. I don't know how else to describe it.

In my opinion, the reality is so horrible, most cannot contemplate it.

Those that can would rather ignore it.

The Tea Party this the Tea Party that in 2008 before the Tea Party came into being John McCain a pretty moderate Republican lost in 2012 Mitt Romney also a pretty moderate Republican who did not have major Tea Party backing lost also in 2008 before the Tea Party the Republicans lost big in the House and Senate in 2010 when the Tea Party was formed they took back the House and made big gains in the Senate they had some set backs in 2012 and they do need to do a better job in who they nominate for office but you don't get it all down in two years which is how long the Tea Party has existed. Finally here is something for the left to consider if the Tea Party is such a determent why did it have such success in 2010 and why weren't the Democrats able to make bigger gains in the House and Senate this year.

Ya might be counting your chicken a tad prematurely. Talk to David Dewhurst the wanna be TX not so senator and ask him how effective the tea parties are in TX. He was a heavly favored establishment republican who won't be sworn in in DC come Jan.

I'll have you know that Burt is the most mature and intellectual of all the muppets, not his fault he is hideous.

Hello I beg to differ.

Here's my guy. I love him so much. Ok our inner muppets are coming out. :D too funny. I love this board.

Beaker I love Beaker

I also want to say I was pro-Tea Party in it's initial phases before it was seized by the fanatical elements and billionaires of the right wing just like I was pro-Occupy before I spent some time around those people and realized they were useless. I'm pro any form of intelligent and fair political dissent. However it's disgusting what the right wing did to the Tea Party and that's why I'm happy it's just a massive failure.

Last edited:
images

Any one else love him?

Last edited:
The Tea Party this the Tea Party that in 2008 before the Tea Party came into being John McCain a pretty moderate Republican lost in 2012 Mitt Romney also a pretty moderate Republican who did not have major Tea Party backing lost also in 2008 before the Tea Party the Republicans lost big in the House and Senate in 2010 when the Tea Party was formed they took back the House and made big gains in the Senate they had some set backs in 2012 and they do need to do a better job in who they nominate for office but you don't get it all down in two years which is how long the Tea Party has existed. Finally here is something for the left to consider if the Tea Party is such a determent why did it have such success in 2010 and why weren't the Democrats able to make bigger gains in the House and Senate this year.

Nothing to consider, usually but not always, the opposition party to the president has an advantage in the mid-terms. Nothing magical about the tea party, the lobbyist money was just spectacularly successful that year, last time we fall for that trick for another generation.

Obama got re-elected, the country has largely tuned out the fanatical elements of the right wing and this astroturf fake political arm of the Republican party has been useless and is now a punchline. I think it's safe to say the Tea Party was a massive failure and alienated the majority of Americans from the Right Wing.

:eusa_clap:

NOt a fan of the TEA Party in general, but I wouldn't go that far.

It did put the GOP in a position where they controlled redistricting, in turn, allowing them to keep the House after the 2010 Census.

The TEA Party really didn't have a dog in the 2012 Republican Nomination. Romney was purely a product of the GOP Establishment playing it safe, and already they are saying "Romney wasn't a real conservative, a real conservative would have beaten Obama."

And up and coming you have 2014, where the Democrats are defending 21 seats to the GOP's 13 in the Senate, and all those house seats they won marginally like FL-18 will be up again.

Hello I beg to differ.

Here's my guy. I love him so much. Ok our inner muppets are coming out. :D too funny. I love this board.

Beaker I love Beaker

Perfect for a conservative, all he says all day is a fearful "ME ME ME ME ME".

Last edited:
I also want to say I was pro-Tea Party in it's initial phases before it was seized by the fanatical elements and billionaires of the right wing just like I was pro-Occupy before I spent some time around those people and realized they were useless. I'm pro any form of intelligent and fair political dissent. However it's disgusting what the right wing did to the Tea Party and that's what I'm happy it's just a massive failure.

Despite your short diatribe..............................
you are just another dime-a-dozen 'waffler' who changes their convictions as often as a cheap whore goes thru 'johns'.
Jus' sayin'.......

I also want to say I was pro-Tea Party in it's initial phases before it was seized by the fanatical elements and billionaires of the right wing just like I was pro-Occupy before I spent some time around those people and realized they were useless. I'm pro any form of intelligent and fair political dissent. However it's disgusting what the right wing did to the Tea Party and that's what I'm happy it's just a massive failure.

No just got swamped and blind sided.

One more time. Look if we don't flush the Roves and the Beltway bullshit there is no hope.

Most disappointing was Laura and Annie running with that asswipe Christie who gave Obama the election on a platter.

Despite your short diatribe..............................
you are just another dime-a-dozen 'waffler' who changes their convictions as often as a cheap whore goes thru 'johns'.
Jus' sayin'.......

And you base that on what fuckhead? The fact that I try to educate myself on all facets of politics and take an interest in the movements on both sides because I want to see my country and fellow citizens have the best existence possible?

Hello I beg to differ.

Beaker I love Beaker

Perfect for a conservative, all he says all day is a fearful "ME ME ME ME ME".

It's for fun.

And what he says is Meep you fool. He doesn't say "me" he says "meep" you moron. :lol:

Forum List

Back