Can Trump act like he gives a crap for the election?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

President Trump's top political advisers, in a private meeting last week, said their boss needs to add more hopeful, optimistic and unifying messages to balance his harsh law-and-order rhetoric.

Why it matters: They're deeply concerned about "brutal" internal polling for the president in the aftermath of his handling of the coronavirus pandemic and George Floyd's killing.

Behind the scenes: During a meeting of top political advisers at campaign headquarters on Thursday afternoon, the president's 2016 campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, raised a question that many close to the campaign have been asking themselves recently: "What's our message?"

Trump will have to walk a tightrope here, trying to convince the electorate that he possesses empathy, without angering his base, which appears to believe that empathy is for commie fags and not authoritarian strongmen.

It's tough to imagine he has the capacity to turn on a dime like this, but we'll find out -- if the polls motivate him enough.

Do you think it will matter? How many undecideds are still out there? I'd estimate perhaps...out of the 130-140 million who bother to vote) that perhaps there are a million undecideds who are truly "swayable" to one side or the other.

If I'm the blob, I'm doubling down on the sick and twisted stances he's made the cornerstone of his administration.

Trump will have to walk a tightrope here, trying to convince the electorate that he possesses empathy, without angering his base, which appears to believe that empathy is for commie fags and not authoritarian strongmen.

It's tough to imagine he has the capacity to turn on a dime like this, but we'll find out -- if the polls motivate him enough.

Trump doesn't believe in polls. So you can show him all the polls you want, and he'll ignore them.

Trump will continue to be a man baby knowing that the 46% who voted for him last time will never admit they made a mistake voting for him.

President Trump's top political advisers, in a private meeting last week, said their boss needs to add more hopeful, optimistic and unifying messages to balance his harsh law-and-order rhetoric.

Why it matters: They're deeply concerned about "brutal" internal polling for the president in the aftermath of his handling of the coronavirus pandemic and George Floyd's killing.

Behind the scenes: During a meeting of top political advisers at campaign headquarters on Thursday afternoon, the president's 2016 campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, raised a question that many close to the campaign have been asking themselves recently: "What's our message?"

You are so full of shit.

Trump is actually very busy doing his job. That makes him a sitting duck for his enemy that wants to destroy him, the media. Trump's performance speaks for itself.
ya, you sit around and watch fox news and tweet all day kinda makes you a sitting duck especialy when your message is one of hate.

It is a mystery how the likes of Reagan and Trump romp to popularity despite logic and reason. There is something in the American psyche that such men mine to their advantage (and our loss).

It is a mystery how the likes of Reagan and Trump romp to popularity despite logic and reason. There is something in the American psyche that such men mine to their advantage (and our loss).

Actually, it's unfair to compare Reagan to Trump. Reagan reached out, built bridges, treated the office with dignity. Even though some of his policies were harsh, Reagan himself came off as nice.

Trump isn't popular and never has been. At best, Trump was tolerated because the economy was doing well and no one wanted to rock the boat.

Now the country is completely out of control and messed up.

President Trump is utterly opposed to the Rioting and is willing to send in the military to stop it. I think that's the right stand to take- most Americans wouldn't want to see it in their neighborhoods. And the libs mayors are playing right into it. By refusing the President's help, and also failing to send in their own people to beat down and send the rioters to the penitentiary or the Chain Gang, they are helping Donald Trump immensely as looters are being immediately released to go out and loot again.

You are so full of shit.
Fortunately I'm not expecting any straight, honest answers! Phew!

President Trump is utterly opposed to the Rioting and is willing to send in the military to stop it. I think that's the right stand to take- most Americans wouldn't want to see it in their neighborhoods. And the libs mayors are playing right into it. By refusing the President's help, and also failing to send in their own people to beat down and send the rioters to the penitentiary or the Chain Gang, they are helping Donald Trump immensely as looters are being immediately released to go out and loot again.

Wow, are you delusional.

Riots never look good for a president. Trump has handled this one particularly poorly.

Not only are the mayors against sending in the troops, the MILITARY is against it. That's not their job, it's not what they've been trained for.

Here's how you know you've lost any argument. When Corporate America takes a side.

For instance, the debate on Gay Marriage really ended when big corporations decided that they were going to hand out Domestic Partner benefits until the states got their heads out of their asses.

The Police Brutality Debate ended when all these big corporations decided to take a knee.

Now, the way Trump could get ahead of this is to actually support police reform in a meaningful way, while still expressing support for the police. He's too dumb to do that, though.

I can't see the President pivoting here, and changing his position on the issue at all. I don't think that it would benefit him in the least.

The majority of Americans are opposed to Rioting, and are anxious to avoid it. If the Floyd protesters were to announce rioting scheduled for their subdivisions or small towns, they would be very concerned.

Rioting didn't help the libs in 1968, and it sure the hell isn't likely to help them in 2020. And back in 1968, Liberal Extremist Vice President Humphrey was opposed to senseless destruction. Further, rioting in 1968 was confined to the American Ghetto where most Americans rarely went. Today, mainstream areas, like the President's own street in New York have been attacked, thugs have taken over the streets his kids play in.

I can't see the President pivoting here, and changing his position on the issue at all. I don't think that it would benefit him in the least.

The majority of Americans are opposed to Rioting, and are anxious to avoid it. If the Floyd protesters were to announce rioting scheduled for their subdivisions or small towns, they would be very concerned.

Rioting didn't help the libs in 1968, and it sure the hell isn't likely to help them in 2020. And back in 1968, Liberal Extremist Vice President Humphrey was opposed to senseless destruction. Further, rioting in 1968 was confined to the American Ghetto where most Americans rarely went. Today, mainstream areas, like the President's own street in New York have been attacked, thugs have taken over the streets his kids play in.
Do you really think the only issue at hand is rioting? Really?

Do you think it will matter? How many undecideds are still out there? I'd estimate perhaps...out of the 130-140 million who bother to vote) that perhaps there are a million undecideds who are truly "swayable" to one side or the other.

If I'm the blob, I'm doubling down on the sick and twisted stances he's made the cornerstone of his administration.

Opportunity Zones? First Step Act? US Embassy in Jerusalem?

Uninformed sources told this reporter....

Do you really think the only issue at hand is rioting? Really?

There are definitely other issues, like Corona Panic Recovery. President is doing a tremendous job with that as well and I see good things ahead there too, as America moves forward.

But Law and/or Order is huge, and Trump had staked out the best position he can on it.

Forum List

Back