Can the conservative vote win a presidential election?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
New to following politics so pardon my lack of understanding voting demographics. I became interested in politics mainly during the republican primary season for this last presidential election

We went with moderate-conservatives and establishment candidates for the last two elections. One thing that seemed to make Romney's fight to become the GOP nominee so hard was that a lot of the conservative base was tired of moderate-republicans representing the party. It's said those sort of candidates just don't excite the conservative base, and I agree though I do like a lot about Romney (definitely a lot to dislike about him as well though)

Do you feel a real conservative, who excited the base, frustrated the establishment, and became the GOP nominee could get the delegates needed for an election victory?

Exciting that base is so key, but is that base large enough across the country to pick up the state delegates needed to win?

Last edited:
Republicans have only won the popular presidential vote one time in the last 20 years.....2004.

So Republicans decided that the only way they could win a national election was for the Supreme Court to change the rules on campaign contributions allowing billionaires to give hundreds of millions of dollars to Republican campaigns, and then have the states make it as hard as possible for people to vote.

It did not work.

Now 10,000 Latinos a month are turning 18.

Republicans have only won the popular presidential vote one time in the last 20 years.....2004.

I'm talking about the delegate vote though. Are there enough conservatives in the country, in swing state, in blue states, that if excited, could carry a real conservative in the vote that matters?

I'm talking about the delegate vote though. Are there enough conservatives in the country, in swing state, in blue states, that if excited, could carry a real conservative in the vote that matters?

No.

Weak (‘Reagan’) democrats and independents decide presidential elections.

In 2012 Obama was able to keep most weak democrats at home, particularly in states such as Ohio.

Romney failed to win-over weak democrats not because he was a ‘moderate establishment candidate,’ but because be tried to sound like a ‘conservative’ and was correctly perceived to be the fraud he actually was.

New to following politics so pardon my lack of understanding voting demographics. I became interested in politics mainly during the republican primary season for this last presidential election

We went with moderate-conservatives and establishment candidates for the last two elections. One thing that seemed to make Romney's fight to become the GOP nominee so hard was that a lot of the conservative base was tired of moderate-republicans representing the party. It's said those sort of candidates just don't excite the conservative base, and I agree though I do like a lot about Romney (definitely a lot to dislike about him as well though)

Do you feel a real conservative, who excited the base, frustrated the establishment, and became the GOP nominee could get the delegates needed for an election victory?

Exciting that base is so key, but is that base large enough across the country to pick up the state delegates needed to win?
First thing to learn? DROP the PARTY LINE.

BOTH parties are terrible and leading this Republic down the path of destruction.

Come to grips with this fact.

I was a republican for 20 years and have been voting since 1976 and trust me, there were no "moderate-conservatives" in the last Presidential election.

I was a republican for 20 years and have been voting since 1976 and trust me, there were no "moderate-conservatives" in the last Presidential election.
I have to agree with this guy^^

You're either IN for the Constitution...or NOT.

"MODERARTES" are squishy folks that can be bought. Unprincipled types they are.

The thing is Republicans are all about pragmatism when it comes to actually interacting with them in the real world. They're stuck in their ways, emphatic about rugged individualism, and expect you to conform to authority for the sake of being normal. They don't have an open mind to creative thinking or problem solving, and insist on calling anything intellectual "utopian".

Therefore, the idea of hearing Republican idealism in politics gets laughed at followed by, "Are you kidding me?"

More and more people are leaving the GOP because Republicans don't shore up their fallen when confronted by liberal establishments either. There is no backbone in the GOP to actually challenge feminism, multiculturalism, environmentalism, egalitarianism, or consumerism. The GOP also doesn't have active legal or educational support to help those who have been abused by those movements. Instead, they simply implode into their own communities more and more, giving away more and more ground while those on the outskirts are abandoned. Those who have been abandoned join the opposition because they're left with, "If you can't beat'em, join'em."

The reason the Republican party is losing on demographics is because of its people's practical and anti-intellectual attitudes at home, in business, and in religion. You can't discuss ideology only when you want to. It has to be a general way of life.

Last edited:
I have to agree with this guy^^

You're either IN for the Constitution...or NOT.

"MODERARTES" are squishy folks that can be bought. Unprincipled types they are.
The far right has nothing to do with the Constitution.
WRONG. The RIGHT has everything to do with the Constitution in it's original Construct. TRY again.

The Founders, their actions, words, deeds...YEAH they're MORE than a bunch of DEAD GUYS.

Learn it, Live IT, KNOW IT.

Forum List

Back