Can the African-American civil rights movement be an example to Palestinians?

UnbiasedBias

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2014
I watched Spike Lee's Malcolm X last night, and it got me thinking about the struggles of the blacks to advance their cause within a white-dominated country. I was wondering if the Palestinians could use this model as a way to achieve political and civil victories against the Israeli-dominated political landscape.

Obviously, there are plenty of differences between the black struggle and the Palestinian struggle, but maybe not so many as would render this path unproductive.

I'm less concerned with trying to lay blame to either side, and more interested in figuring out how these two peoples can learn to live with each other, with equal rights.

I watched Spike Lee's Malcolm X last night, and it got me thinking about the struggles of the blacks to advance their cause within a white-dominated country. I was wondering if the Palestinians could use this model as a way to achieve political and civil victories against the Israeli-dominated political landscape.
Palistanians have their very own Hamasabad in Gaza and Fatahabad in occupied jewish territories where they achieve their very own political and civil victories in their very own arab-only political landscape, of course.

The Palestinians are actually shooting to all directions, metaphorically and literally at once.

Obviously, there are plenty of differences between the black struggle and the Palestinian struggle, but maybe not so many as would render this path unproductive.

I'm less concerned with trying to lay blame to either side, and more interested in figuring out how these two peoples can learn to live with each other, with equal rights.

Yes, I believe the Palestinians can use the tactics used by blacks to advance their cause but only when they totally give up their demand for a two-state solution and just go for one . . . greedy Israelis have just gobbled up too much of their West Bank land and water to ever make the two-state idea viable. I further believe that more and more Palestinians are starting to feel that the one-state solution is the only way to go. I should think that a one-state solution is enough to give Bibi Neanderthalyahoo and his cronies some serious nightmares . . . awww poor babies :)

I like the way you think. Now how do we convince Jackson, Sharpton, et.al. to round up all their street thugs, move to Gaza, and join the fight?

You contradict yourself in that post, you do understand that, right?

Yes, I believe the Palestinians can use the tactics used by blacks to advance their cause but only when they totally give up their demand for a two-state solution and just go for one . . . greedy Israelis have just gobbled up too much of their West Bank land and water to ever make the two-state idea viable. I further believe that more and more Palestinians are starting to feel that the one-state solution is the only way to go. I should think that a one-state solution is enough to give Bibi Neanderthalyahoo and his cronies some serious nightmares . . . awww poor babies :)

Susan, the Israeli Arabs are for one-state solution of all citizens, means everyone can be Israeli, just like the US.
the Palestinians of Gaza or at least Hamas are for one-state solution with no Jews.
the Palestinians in the WB separate between one/two-state solution but mostly under the PA authority want to start a state of their own since they already sitting on their so strangely-attached land.

First the Palestinian authority has to extend the equal rights to the Palestinian people, then stop mooching of the world and start working to earn some credibility. Israel is not going to extend Israeli citizenship to the Palestinians as that would be a death sentence. If it was all one nation under arab muslim control how long do you think the Jews would stay alive for ?

Which would result in the deaths of 6 million Jews and the destruction of Israel. A no brainer to anyone with two braincells

Susan, the Israeli Arabs are for one-state solution of all citizens, means everyone can be Israeli, just like the US. the Palestinians of Gaza or at least Hamas are for one-state solution with no Jews. the Palestinians in the WB separate between one/two-state solution but mostly under the PA authority want to start a state of their own since they already sitting on their so strangely-attached land.
Bolivar cannot carry double.

what the hell? now they are trying to bring back the past.

Calling themselves, Africa-American blows me away. Why do they call themselves that when very few of the black people in this country are from Africa) beats me why they want to be called that, if that's the case why don't they MOVE back to Africa?, they have their own country so why are they here fighting for their civil rights here? . Shouldn't they be back in their own country fighting for their "civil rights " there?

I guess I now need to label myself, Portugal -American instead OF just AN AMERCIAN

I'm sorry but this thread is a fail

Forum List

Back