Can Texas be put in play?

The Democrap salespitch to hispanics is making illegals "Americans" and to sell welfare programs for legal and illegal hispanics.

So Democraps want legal hispanics to open up the flood gates to illegal hispanics because they share a common culture. Jose the American should be willing to pay more in taxes so that Jose the illegal can be an American and live on welfare in the same Texas town......insane.

Democraps won't play up their pro-gay, pro-abortion, anti-gun, anti-Christian platform.....just that the GOP hates "brown people" because they don't want to make Jose the illegal an American with access to the welfare trough.

Absolutely true.

That is why Republicans have to make sure their rhetoric and policies do not alienate Hispanics

Do you think they can do it?

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. It doesn't matter what their rhetoric is on every other issue. There are alot of Tejanos who simply won't care about much anything else other than the GOP's religious rhetoric. As long as they keep thumping the bible, the GOP can continue to complain about illegal immigration being a major problem. All they have to do is toss an occasional bone, like Perry's Dream Act.

I don't think a little tweak is gonna do it.
Romney lost Latinos something like 70% to 25%.

I think the notiuon that throwing an occassional bone is going to swing things that far is wishful (at best - delusional at worst) thinking.

The problems the GOP has with Latino voters is far more fundamental than that imho.

Absolutely true.

That is why Republicans have to make sure their rhetoric and policies do not alienate Hispanics

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. It doesn't matter what their rhetoric is on every other issue. There are alot of Tejanos who simply won't care about much anything else other than the GOP's religious rhetoric. As long as they keep thumping the bible, the GOP can continue to complain about illegal immigration being a major problem. All they have to do is toss an occasional bone, like Perry's Dream Act.

Maybe so

But I think people want respect.

Republicans passing laws demanding English as an Official language
Passing laws demanding document checks from legal citizens
Passing school curriculums which demean Hispanic culture
Restricting immigration initiatives and a path to citizenship

All will push Hispanic voters to the left

More leftwing talking points bullshit straight from the pages of HuffnPuff Compost.

If the Dem's thought the Hispanics would vote (R) they'd be rounding them up like they did the Japanese back in the forties.

Don't let these phonies fool you... they're radical trash today as they were then.

Last edited:
Absolutely true.

I think the notiuon that throwing an occassional bone is going to swing things that far is wishful (at best - delusional at worst) thinking.

The problems the GOP has with Latino voters is far more fundamental than that imho.

Could you enlighten us on a GOP position that is anit-Latino?

We're talking about Mexican cultural programming here. A country where drug cartels are openly known by people to be controlling many elected officials. A land where corruption is not only rampant, but embraced. The people who emigrate from Mexico to the US are sent here from the elite of Mexican society as a convenient way to rid their country of undesirables. And those who are emigrating actually believe that all the efforts put forth by the Mexican government to encourage immigration is because people actually care about them, as opposed to despising them. And these are the people to whom you think the GOP needs to show respect? They'll have to start feeling for their own selves first.

Did I say Latinos? No, I said Tejanos.

Dems are in for a shellacking in the midterm so yes definitely focus on Texas

A shellacking like the one you said we were going to get in November, Frank?

Hon, I understand you WISH that to be the case, there isn't anything to back up the claim.

A shellacking like the one you said you weren't going to get in the last mid-terms, Jillian

Hon, I understand you WISH that to be the case, there isn't anything to back up the claim.

Could you enlighten us on a GOP position that is anit-Latino?

self deport didn't help at all
Resistence to a path for citizenship is one that comes quickly to mind.

I find it hard to believe that accounts for the entire 71% to 27% butt kicking, but it sure didn't help.

I think Texas will be a tossup state soon. But I also think Georgia is creeping that way.

I thought the same thing, because a successful southern state is a different thing. If the economy improves and we start taking back some of those outsourced jobs, you can add North Carolina to the list, too. It's also possible for a Democrat to win a national election in Louisiana.

I think the key for Democrats cracking the South is a Southern Strategy, because many state politicans in the Deep South are still Democrats. If the Democratic Party could broaden it's tent to include conservatives, it could break the strangle hold on national elections that the Republicans presently enjoy. At least a conservative Democrat isn't going to act like these monkeys.

As for Texas, they need to get everybody registered and it may not be ready for the next Presidential election, but it will happen soon enough. If the Republicans keep opposing Immigration Reform, then they've made their bed.

The best time to prepare for an election is after an election.

Last edited:
As soon as they can effectively disenfranchise Hispanics and other minorities and convince them that they will take care of them for life and that Conservatives want to eat their babies and rape their women, Texas, like many other states will be in the bag.

Our once great Republic is toast... stupidity seems to be reigning supreme

Good to see that you understand our game plan.

I think Texas will be a tossup state soon. But I also think Georgia is creeping that way.

I thought the same thing, because a successful southern state is a different thing. If the economy improves and we start taking back some of those outsourced jobs, you can add North Carolina to the list, too. It's also possible for a Democrat to win a national election in Louisiana.

I think the key for Democrats cracking the South is a Southern Strategy, because many state politicans in the Deep South are still Democrats. If the Democratic Party could broaden it's tent to include conservatives, it could break the strangle hold on national elections that the Republicans presently enjoy. At least a conservative Democrat isn't going to act like these monkeys.

As for Texas, they need to get everybody registered and it may not be ready for the next Presidential election, but it will happen soon enough. If the Republicans keep opposing Imigration Reform, then they've made their bed.

I think North Carolina is already on that list. Heath Shular, who served three terms as a representative, is a pretty good model for a blue dog democrat who can win in the south.

And Romney's win in N.C. in 2012 was a whole lot closer than I thought it would be.

Maybe so

Republicans passing laws demanding English as an Official language
Passing laws demanding document checks from legal citizens
Passing school curriculums which demean Hispanic culture
Restricting immigration initiatives and a path to citizenship

All will push Hispanic voters to the left

More leftwing talking points bullshit straight from the pages of HuffnPuff Compost.

Obama took 70% of the Hispanic vote

Pull out your free stuff nonsense if you want. But Republicans are doing themselves no favors by pandering to their base and alienating the hispanic voters

Lose Texas and Florida and a Republican will never be president again

As for Texas, they need to get everybody registered and it may not be ready for the next Presidential election, but it will happen soon enough. If the Republicans keep opposing Imigration Reform, then they've made their bed.

I think North Carolina is already on that list. Heath Shular, who served three terms as a representative, is a pretty good model for a blue dog democrat who can win in the south.

And Romney's win in N.C. in 2012 was a whole lot closer than I thought it would be.

I'd still color North Carolina red, like Louisiana, where a Blue Dog can win. If a Democrat gets the college and city vote motivated, they can win there, like Obama 2008. In the Heath Shular days 7 and 8 of the 13 North Carolina seats to the House were Democrats and only 4 are Democrats now. With some of the characters they send to Congress, I think they have a way to go before it's purple time.

Foxx_Official_Headshot_-_web.jpg

Virginia "Crazy As A" Fox

This always happens when one party becomes drunk with power, speculation about how they'll never lose again. This is just the latest rendition. Repubs pulled this when they controlled everything in 2002.

Democrats Launch Plan to Make Texas a Swing State

National Democrats "are taking steps to create a large-scale independent group aimed at turning traditionally conservative Texas into a prime electoral battleground, crafting a new initiative to identify and mobilize progressive voters in the rapidly-changing state," Politico reports.

"The organization, dubbed 'Battleground Texas,' plans to engage the state's rapidly growing Latino population, as well as African-American voters and other Democratic-leaning constituencies that have been underrepresented at the ballot box in recent cycles.

I've wondered why this hasn't happened sooner. By organizing the Hispanic vote in Texas, the state would easily become a swing state. Voter participation among the Hispanic population is much lower than in other groups, but this may change in the future. Either way, Texas' days as a Republican stronghold are numbered, and once that changes, Republicans will find it almost impossible to win the White House.

But Republicans do have one chance, and that is to make sure they have more truly conservative candidates like Richard Murdock and Todd Akin running. Those types of candidates are sure to win the hearts of Hispanics in the future.

Forum List

Back