Can someone sound really, really gay and not BE "gay"?

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by rdean, Jul 1, 2011.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,018
    Listen to this guy talk:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8oyA5JV7kA&feature]YouTube - ‪Dr. Marcus Bachmann speaks about homosexuality‬‏[/ame]

One comment under the video:

Jeez, this dude's so far in the closet his mail is addressed to Narnia.

When I first heard this, I thought it was a woman a la Bea Arthur.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOoFgZ6hn8&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Bea Arthur in The Man in the Moon‬‏[/ame]

When I found out it was Dr. Marcus Bachmann, yea, THAT Bachmann, I was floored.

Now everyone has "gaydar". Where when you meet someone, right away, instinctively, you think, "Oh, that guy is gay". Not that you are pointing fingers, just in your mind, you recognize that someone is gay.

Well come on.

Worse for him, he goes on about the underlying "temptation". What does that tell you? This guy is phone call away from being Ted Haggard.

2. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Why is it, the ones who make the most noise against homosexuality, are almost always gay themselves. Talk about self hate.

Come out come out...

3. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,076
    [​IMG]

4. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I have met people who honestly believe that you are gay if you sound like that. They will swear up and down that they are gay when they sound like that. Then they will deny that genetics has anything to do with a person being gay.:cuckoo:

5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,018
    Because guys choose to sound that way?

What's funny is gay guys with that distinctive speech pattern don't sound like women. They sound gay. It's why I believe it is definitely genetic. Not everyone has it, but plenty do.

6. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Why does it matter to you?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Sure.

8. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Can someone "sound straight" and not "be straight?" What is "sounding gay" anyway? How do you "sound gay?" Is that like "looking gay" and "acting gay?" What do you have against gays anyway?

You did not meet this guy, you listened to a tape of him on YouTube. If your "Gaydar" went off over a tape it might be because you have a tape recorder fetish.

Thank you for bringing your anti homosexual position out into the open. I told you that all progressives were secretly racists and bigots, they are just afraid to be honest about it. That is why they blindly support people who want to wipe them off the face of the planet.

As for temptation, tell me you have never been tempted and I will call you a liar. the Bible says that all temptation is common to man. Being tempted to steal and being tempted to have sex with a man comes from the same place, they just have different outlets. That means that any sinner, which happens to be every person on the planet, is qualified to talk temptation and how to resist it. Unless, that is, they have no self control.

I have to admit something though, you are uniquely unqualified to discuss resisting temptation.

9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    They obviously think that you choose how you talk, even though most people have no idea what they sound like.

10. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    When I was stationed in Korea there was this one dude in my Squadron who spoke with an obvious gay lisp. He went partying with us and sightseeing all the time but we never saw him with a girl so we asked him about it. Some guys just don't like the local women, and that's cool.:

"Hey Pat (Yes, his name was Pat!) how come we never see you with a girl?".
    He replied; "What? What the fuck you talking about?" :confused:
    We said "We never see you with a chick. Are you gay or something?". We didn't care if he was, we just suspected it was so. If he had admitted it we still would have hung (not THAT hung) around with him.

And then he "tisked" in a real gay way "Ugh! Gosh! Why would you guys think THAT?" He couldn't have denied being gay in a MORE gay way than that! :lol:

Anyway, a few weeks later we all went downtown (not THAT downtown) and got him laid. Or at least we THINK we did, we weren't in the room with him. When he came out he glared at us and said "Alright, you guys happy now? I'm NOT gay!" :evil:. We all had a good laugh about it.

If some straight guys are really macho then there could be really effeminate men who are straight. I guess it's within the realm of possibility.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011