Can someone essplain J Jones passin on Carr, Bridgeport and Manziel?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Dallas has a 34 yo QB with a bad back.

So does Dallas GM and top scout J Jones pick up one of several gems available at 16th?

No, the dude picks up a back up to his starting lineman, wtf?

Can someone please explain this?

Is Dallas suddenly out of cash? I would have traded some folks to get room under the cap to have a franchise qb in the wings as understudy to a good but aged qb like Romo.

Is JJ senile?

Is JJ faking himself out with fake talk about drafting someone he needs and he bought his own bullshit?

Nothing is adding up, but I am just a neophyte rube compared to some of you football experts, so can someone help me out here and essplain why J Jones isn't either stupid, senile, insane or a combination of the three?

He thinks he can win with Romo so he tried to improve the rest of the team around him.

Drafting a quarterback would've put Romo's role into question and would've wreaked havoc among fans and in the locker room.

So ne cant pick a franchise qb as a development project with the intention of having him sit for a few years while the older pro navigates the team to continued success?

Isnt that what Green Bay did with Rogers and Favre? Seemed to work for them.

What would seem to suck, IMO, would be to have to draft a franchise qb in one single year's draft instead of taking the top one available on any given draft.

Hell, you can still trade them for what you need later, cant you?

He thinks he can win with Romo so he tried to improve the rest of the team around him.

Drafting a quarterback would've put Romo's role into question and would've wreaked havoc among fans and in the locker room.

So ne cant pick a franchise qb as a development project with the intention of having him sit for a few years while the older pro navigates the team to continued success?

What would seem to suck, IMO, would be to have to draft a franchise qb in one single year's draft instead of taking the top one available on any given draft.

Well there's already a lot of anti-Romo sentiment. I would expect there'd be a circus over people calling for the new guy to replace him and it would disrupt what the team was trying to do.

Green Bay is a different animal because Favre was a legend. Nobody likes Romo and they'd be calling for the new guy right away. If the Cowboys got Manziel then Romo would be instantly expendable. That wasn't the case with Favre.

Well there's already a lot of anti-Romo sentiment. I would expect there'd be a circus over people calling for the new guy to replace him and it would disrupt what the team was trying to do.

Green Bay is a different animal because Favre was a legend. Nobody likes Romo and they'd be calling for the new guy right away. If the Cowboys got Manziel then Romo would be instantly expendable. That wasn't the case with Favre.

Hmm, I would hazard a guess that maybe a third of Cowboy fans don't like Romo, and there is good reason for that sentiment. The guy is a choker in the playoffs, for whatever reason.

But avoiding controversy for the sake of a questionable qb the fans might not like sounds like a piss poor reason to leave your team hanging if he does go down for the final count.

splain Jerry Jones? No but I'll give my opinion:

Jerry Jones is the Cowboy's biggest problem. He is the Owner, General Manager, CEO, Trainer, head Coach, and all around fuck up! Sure, he has others officially filling these positions, but he is all of them, and the Cowboys will never be World Champions until he backs off and lets the people he hires do their job.

GO TEXANS!!

splain Jerry Jones? No but I'll give my opinion:

Jerry Jones is the Cowboy's biggest problem. He is the Owner, General Manager, CEO, Trainer, head Coach, and all around fuck up! Sure, he has others officially filling these positions, but he is all of them, and the Cowboys will never be World Champions until he backs off and lets the people he hires do their job.

GO TEXANS!!

I think you have finally essplained it to me in a way I can understand; JJ is a fuck up and has too much power over the team he owns.

He needs more humility and to understand that just because he owns it it does not mean he is an expert at anything nor that he is always right.

I would think most Cowboys fans would be happy that Jones didn't go for the flashy pick as he has time and again in the past.

And I hope he never goes down for the final count as I'm one of the biggest Romo fans in the world!

Ummmm, but didn't you say you were a Redskin fan?

lol

I would think most Cowboys fans would be happy that Jones didn't go for the flashy pick as he has time and again in the past.

And I hope he never goes down for the final count as I'm one of the biggest Romo fans in the world!

lol

Yep :wink_2:

I freakin love Tony Romo :lmao:

Jerry jones has lost all credibility. Before the draft he said Manziel was a once in a generation type of talent. I'll never take anything he says seriously again.

lol

Yep :wink_2:

I freakin love Tony Romo :lmao:

:lmao:

yup, good ol' romo is good for 4 chokes a year and 1 post season, if he makes it.

Isn't it a little hypocritical of you to follow a NON-all-white league sport JimCrowie?

Just like a PC Nazi racist to bring racism into every discussion.

Don't you have some tricks to pull down on D Street, you little cum bucket?

Jerry jones has lost all credibility. Before the draft he said Manziel was a once in a generation type of talent. I'll never take anything he says seriously again.

JJ lost credibility with me years ago when he proved the whole state of Texas wasn't big enough for him and Johnson's ego to live in simultaneously.

jj loves romo and doesn't know romo sucks balls and is as good as he will ever be.

but

he's the insider, maybe a rookie qb is a bad idea since the picks may suck at the pro level

That is why you have him ride the bench and give him shots in games to get his legs.

Isn't it a little hypocritical of you to follow a NON-all-white league sport JimCrowie?

Just like a PC Nazi racist to bring racism into every discussion.

Don't you have some tricks to pull down on D Street, you little cum bucket?

you FAILED to answer the question flufferboi.

because it is a stupid racist question. I don't dignify racist questions like that.

why would anyone care if the league was all white or not? That they have best players and are competitive is what makes it interesting or not.

Forum List

Back