Can Scott Brown Win in Massachusetts?

Let me check my Magic 8 Ball...

Very Doubtful

Gotta agree. His numbers are up from 30 to single digits but again it is very doubtfull that he could get elected in MA.

I did hear him speak the other day and he sounds like someone who really has his shit together. Will be rooting for him but if he managed to pull it off it would be one of those miracles you always read about.

Last edited:
Can Scott Brown Win in Massachusetts?

Short answer: No.

Really??? We will see.

American Thinker Blog: What the heck is going on in the Massachusetts senate race?

The shocking poll from Public Policy Polling shows Republican state senator Scott Brown leading Democratic Attorney General Martha Coakley by one point, 48 to 47 percent, which would mean the race is effectively tied.

Among independents, who make up 51 percent of the electorate in the Bay State, Brown leads Coakley 63 percent to 31 percent.

Just 50 percent of voters view Coakley favorably, while 42 percent viewing her unfavorably.

Brown, who began an advertising blitz this month, sports a strong 57 percent favorability rating, with just 25 percent viewing him unfavorably - very strong numbers for a Republican in the heavily Democratic state.

It is much more beneficial to the right-wing politicians to scream a wild-hogs-jowl about ending legal abortion and proceed to do nothing about it.

not in massachusetts.

we're edumacated.

Reallly???

Yes, uneducated enough to elect senators and congressmen for LIFE. :lol::lol: Why don't you guys out there just do the king and queen thing or better yet do a dictator for life.That way you never have to pay attention or go to the polls again, lucky you!!! You can watch "dancing with the stars," 24/7.:lol::lol: Barney Frank, home of the mortgage banking crisis. Boy oh boy I can't stand how educated you guys are out there.:lol::lol::lol:

race42008.com » Blog Archive » Poll Watch: PPP (D) Massachusetts Senatorial Survey

Poll Watch: PPP (D) Massachusetts Senatorial Survey
PPP (D) Massachusetts Senatorial Survey

Scott Brown (R) 48%
Martha Coakley (D) 47%
Among Independents

Scott Brown (R) 63%
Martha Coakley (D) 31%
Among Moderates

Scott Brown (R) 49%
Martha Coakley (D) 42%
Favorable / Unfavorable {Net}

Scott Brown 57% / 25% {+32%}
Martha Coakley 50% / 42% {+8%}

Last edited:
coakley thought that once she won the primary that the rest was a formality.

apparently, she never met tip o'neill.

That's the way Massachusett's is, they pay no attention, hell, they can't even get people to run against incumbents such as Frank, the late senator Kennedy or Kerry, not even another democrat. It's ridiculous and the people of Massachusetts should be embarrassed about the lack of choice they have had out there. It's their fault though when they keep on electing these people for a life time.

Coakley was very weak on prosecuting child predators though and I think the citizens of Ma. know this. One instance, she did not prosecute a police officer who raped his 23 MONTH old neice with a hot curling iron until the mother of the child pressed charges. I think there was an election involved with the chief of police that she did not want to impact. Outrageous!!!!!!!! Another one she failed to prosecute a predator involving a 10 year old boy.

A state legislator was caught stuffing a bribe of $10,000 into her bra and she has yet to prosecute that case.

Feeling blue? Take a second look at Scott Brown - BostonHerald.com

Last edited:
Scott Brown is the real deal folks.

A fiscal conservative and social moderate - and he does not apologize for it.

He also makes clear his independence - he is no rubber stamp vote for ANY political party - a big reason why he is polling 2 to 1 over his Democrat rival with Indepedent voters.

Very articulate, intelligent, with military experience as well.

I would consider him to be the very possible blue-print for the future Republican Party - party leaders should take note of Scott Brown.

Here is a clip of him on Hannity. Note how Hannity attempts to go negative regarding the campaign and Scott Brown smoothly transitions to the issues, easily deflecting Hannity's attempts:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkwu260Ih2k[/ame]

Scott Brown is the real deal folks.

A fiscal conservative and social moderate - and he does not apologize for it.

He also makes clear his independence - he is no rubber stamp vote for ANY political party - a big reason why he is polling 2 to 1 over his Democrat rival with Indepedent voters.

Very articulate, intelligent, with military experience as well.

I would consider him to be the very possible blue-print for the future Republican Party - party leaders should take note of Scott Brown.

Here is a clip of him on Hannity. Note how Hannity attempts to go negative regarding the campaign and Scott Brown smoothly transitions to the issues, easily deflecting Hannity's attempts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkwu260Ih2k

Hannity can get on my nerves sometimes, but Scott handled him very well. Hannity needs to shut-up once in a while and let his guests talk. :lol::lol:

In the state of Massachusetts, they have a form of socialized healthcare that has been a debacle for them. They might want to stop the trainwreck at the federal level. This could bode well for Brown.

"BOSTON — Martha M. Coakley, the Democrat running for Senator Edward M. Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts, had seemed so certain of winning the special election on Jan. 19 that she barely campaigned last month.

And a new poll that showed a competitive race between Ms. Coakley and Mr. Brown has generated buzz on conservative blogs and energized the Brown campaign — though many news organizations dispute its methodology.

But a tighter-than-expected margin in the closely watched race would still prompt soul-searching among Democrats nationally, since the outcome will be the first real barometer of whether problems facing the party will play out in tangible ways at the polls later this year.

While Ms. Coakley kept a low profile over the holidays, Mr. Brown hammered her as soft on terrorists and as a “crusader” for abortion rights. He has played up his military credentials — he serves in the Army National Guard — and his opposition to the health care overhaul headed for a final vote in Congress. That, too, has unnerved Democrats, who cannot afford to lose a single vote on the embattled legislation."
Democrats Anxious Over a Once-Safe Seat - NYTimes.com

Time to put my money where my mouth is?

I sent him a contribution.

Poll: Scott Brown ahead of Martha Coakley by 1 point

Republicans have a very real chance at orchestrating a Massachusetts miracle in this month’s special Senate election to determine Ted Kennedy’s successor, at least according to a new Democratic poll out tonight.

The shocking poll from Public Policy Polling shows Republican state Sen. Scott Brown leading Democratic Attorney General Martha Coakley by 1 point, 48 percent to 47 percent, which would mean the race is effectively tied.

Among independents, who make up 51 percent of the electorate in the Bay State, Brown leads Coakley 63 percent to 31 percent.

Just 50 percent of voters view Coakley favorably, while 42 percent viewing her unfavorably.

Brown, who began an advertising blitz this month, sports a strong 57 percent favorability rating, with just 25 percent viewing him unfavorably — very strong numbers for a Republican in the heavily Democratic state.

On the issue of health care, which Brown has emphasized that he would be the deciding vote against, 47 percent said they opposed the plan in Congress, while 41 percent supported it.

Poll: Scott Brown ahead of Martha Coakley by 1 point - The Scorecard - POLITICO.com

Perhaps it was your contribution that has made the difference.

The Massachusetts special election has turned into a national race - and Scott Brown is gaining momentum.

The Dems are sinking millions to avoid what would be a HUGE backlash vote against the liberal Democrat leadership.

Should prove interesting!

The Massachusetts special election has turned into a national race - and Scott Brown is gaining momentum.

The Dems are sinking millions to avoid what would be a HUGE backlash vote against the liberal Democrat leadership.

I thought I heard Gulliani stating that he was going out to campaign for Brown, with Ole Bill Clinton campaigning for Coakley. It will be interesting, but if Brown pulls this off it will create an earth quake among the democrats in congress and the senate, they will be sweating bullets.

I thought I heard Gulliani stating that he was going out to campaign for Brown, with Ole Bill Clinton campaigning for Coakley. It will be interesting, but if Brown pulls this off it will create an earth quake among the democrats in congress and the senate, they will be sweating bullets.

I am going to send Brown a few bucks, my family members have and we do need much more of a balance in the senate. No senate should be filibuster proof, we get very bad legislation from both parties when that happens.

I thought I heard Gulliani stating that he was going out to campaign for Brown...

I hope not. The best thing the GOP and the Republican establishment could do for Brown is to send money and leave him the fuck alone to manage his own business.

I agree with Sinatra. This guy could end up being the blueprint. People are sick of partisanship, bickering, and motives that have more to do with gaining and cementing power than with representation. They want people who are able to think and act upon the independent needs of their constituency, and NOT more rubber stamps for party agenda.

Last edited:
I thought I heard Gulliani stating that he was going out to campaign for Brown...

I hope not. The best thing the GOP and the Republican establishment could do for Brown is to send money and leave him the fuck alone to manage his own business.

I agree with Sinatra. This guy could end up being the blueprint. People are sick of partisanship, bickering, and motives that have more to do with gaining and cementing power than with representation. They want people who are able to think and act upon the independent needs of their constituency, and NOT more rubber stamps for party agenda.

Agreed - and the more I look into candidate Scott Brown, the more I like in what he could offer as a model of a new Republican.

The consistent optimism and easy charm of Reagan, along with some strongly rooted fiscal conservatism, without the hardline social conservatism that turns off many of the independents.

And again, if Scott Brown, a Republican, wins Ted Kennedy's old seat - WOW.

The 2010 correction election would be off to an incredible start!

Of course, the liberal Democrat leadership is already preparing for that possibility, looking to DELAY Brown's swearing in ceremony in order to secure the health care vote...

Scott Brown swearing-in would be stalled to pass health-care reform

“Because it’s a federal election,” spokesman Brian McNiff said. “We’d have to wait 10 days for absentee and military ballots to come in.”

Another source told the Herald that Galvin’s office has said the election won’t be certified until Feb. 20 - well after the president’s address.

Since the U.S. Senate doesn’t meet again in formal session until Jan. 20, Bay State voters will have made their decision before a vote on health-care reform could be held. But Kirk and Galvin’s office said Friday a victorious Brown would be left in limbo.

In contrast, Rep. Niki Tsongas (D-Lowell) was sworn in at the U.S. House of Representatives on Oct. 18, 2007, just two days after winning a special election to replace Martin Meehan. In that case, Tsongas made it to Capitol Hill in time to override a presidential veto of the expansion of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program.

Friday, Brown, who has been closing the gap with Coakley in polls and fund raising, blasted the political double standard.

“This is a stunning admission by Paul Kirk and the Beacon Hill political machine,” said Brown in a statement. “Paul Kirk appears to be suggesting that he, Deval Patrick, and (Senate Majority Leader) Harry Reid intend to stall the election certification until the health care bill is rammed through Congress, even if that means defying the will of the people of Massachusetts. As we’ve already seen from the backroom deals and kickbacks cut by the Democrats in Washington, they intend to do anything and everything to pass their controversial health care plan. But threatening to ignore the results of a free election and steal this Senate vote from the people of Massachusetts takes their schemes to a whole new level. Martha Coakley should immediately disavow this threat from one of her campaign’s leading supporters.” A spokeswoman for Coakley’s campaign declined to comment Friday.

Full article here:

Scott Brown swearing-in would be stalled to pass health-care reform - BostonHerald.com

"BOSTON — Martha M. Coakley, the Democrat running for Senator Edward M. Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts, had seemed so certain of winning the special election on Jan. 19 that she barely campaigned last month.

And a new poll that showed a competitive race between Ms. Coakley and Mr. Brown has generated buzz on conservative blogs and energized the Brown campaign — though many news organizations dispute its methodology.

But a tighter-than-expected margin in the closely watched race would still prompt soul-searching among Democrats nationally, since the outcome will be the first real barometer of whether problems facing the party will play out in tangible ways at the polls later this year.

While Ms. Coakley kept a low profile over the holidays, Mr. Brown hammered her as soft on terrorists and as a “crusader” for abortion rights. He has played up his military credentials — he serves in the Army National Guard — and his opposition to the health care overhaul headed for a final vote in Congress. That, too, has unnerved Democrats, who cannot afford to lose a single vote on the embattled legislation."

The poll numbers here have scott brown winning.

The "drive around town" "polling" i did earlier showed 15 households for scott brown, 3 houses for yes on 2, 1 house for no on 1, and ZERO houses for martha coakley. (I was in carver though and ask article about that town)

The poll numbers here have scott brown winning.

The "drive around town" "polling" i did earlier showed 15 households for scott brown, 3 houses for yes on 2, 1 house for no on 1, and ZERO houses for martha coakley. (I was in carver though and ask article about that town)

Ah - you are from Mass, then? Great to hear on the street accounts of what is going on.

How about you share with your friends and neighbors what the state Democrats there are planning to do in delaying certification of Brown wins so that he cannot spoil the Senate vote on healthcare? How's that for ignoring the wishes of the people eh?

This thread is the single most important one at USMB.

If Scott Brown wins the election, it will be the single most transformative political event in American politics since Obama's own election last year.

A potentially HUGE national story folks!!!!

Forum List

Back