Can Scott Brown Win in Massachusetts?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
"BOSTON — Martha M. Coakley, the Democrat running for Senator Edward M. Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts, had seemed so certain of winning the special election on Jan. 19 that she barely campaigned last month.

And a new poll that showed a competitive race between Ms. Coakley and Mr. Brown has generated buzz on conservative blogs and energized the Brown campaign — though many news organizations dispute its methodology.

But a tighter-than-expected margin in the closely watched race would still prompt soul-searching among Democrats nationally, since the outcome will be the first real barometer of whether problems facing the party will play out in tangible ways at the polls later this year.

While Ms. Coakley kept a low profile over the holidays, Mr. Brown hammered her as soft on terrorists and as a “crusader” for abortion rights. He has played up his military credentials — he serves in the Army National Guard — and his opposition to the health care overhaul headed for a final vote in Congress. That, too, has unnerved Democrats, who cannot afford to lose a single vote on the embattled legislation."
Democrats Anxious Over a Once-Safe Seat - NYTimes.com

Time to put my money where my mouth is?

I sent him a contribution.

If wishes were horses.....

I am not holding my breath. This is Massachusetts. They voted Kennedy for years.

But, .... I really really hope that it happens. Stranger things have happened. It would be so cool.

It looks like the Democrat blew all her money on the primary. Lets see where we are in 10 days.

I am not holding my breath. This is Massachusetts. They voted Kennedy for years.

But, .... I really really hope that it happens. Stranger things have happened. It would be so cool.

It looks like the Democrat blew all her money on the primary. Lets see where we are in 10 days.

My motivation is defeat of the healthcare overhaul...if Brown wins, that is the end of the Democrat 60 vote majority.

Oh, sure, the goal is good. A stake in the heart of Obamacare, wrapped in garlic, is the goal. But I don't believe we should wait on Massachusetts to deliver it.

Why is Brown, who has a pro-choice record on abortion, attacking Coakley for being pro-choice?

Abortion stances at odds, mostly
For Senate rivals, position on issue is complicated
By Stephanie Ebbert
Globe Staff / January 4, 2010

"Abortion stances of Brown,
Coakley not so easily defined
Republican gets McCain's
nod; rival adds to her list
But their differences are many. Each candidate has a long, complex history on the issue of abortion rights, which has been a perennial litmus test in American politics and now lies at the core of a white-hot debate in Congress over how to reform the nation’s health care system.

Though Coakley broke with abortion rights advocates last month - saying she would reluctantly accept a Senate health plan that restricts abortion funding - she retains the endorsements of national abortion rights groups for her history of advocacy of reproductive rights. And though Brown once supported a bill to protect patients visiting abortion clinics, he now has the backing of a leading antiabortion group in the state."

Abortion stances of Brown, Coakley not so easily defined - The Boston Globe

Why is Brown, who has a pro-choice record on abortion, attacking Coakley for being pro-choice?

Abortion stances of Brown, Coakley not so easily defined - The Boston Globe
He defined himself as pro-choice when he said this:

"[An abortion] decision should ultimately be made by the woman in consultation with her doctor"

That is the very definition of pro-choice.

Which makes him the kind of Republican the conservatives have been saying get out and good riddance to.

I guess maybe there's a possibility that they will slowly wake up and realize that I've been right, that the GOP needs to move to the center to get its shit together.:lol:

He defined himself as pro-choice when he said this:

"[An abortion] decision should ultimately be made by the woman in consultation with her doctor"

That is the very definition of pro-choice.

Which makes him the kind of Republican the conservatives have been saying get out and good riddance to.

I guess maybe there's a possibility that they will slowly wake up and realize that I've been right, that the GOP needs to move to the center to get its shit together.:lol:

Or the GOP needs to accept that as the truly "conservative" stance on that issue...To keep the government out of private medical decisions.

I am going to vote for Scott Brown

Massachusetts is basically a 1 party state.

That is why it's such a corrupt state and full of political hacks.

How many consecutive years did MA have a Republican governor?

I haven't figured that one out?? :confused:

All I know is that Massachusetts is the most blue of the blue states.

And the Democrats rule.

Obama will send her some of the Stimulus money he's got hidden away.

She'll win. The Dems won't allow the state or their 60 vote majority slip away.

New Topics

Forum List

Back