Can Republicans win by running against a "fictional character"?

Does that mean you think the Bush tax cuts for working Americans worked?

Obama is going to let them expire in December.

No more Bush tax cuts + automatic spending cuts = deficit reduction.

The Republicans last issue destroyed.

why did you not answer his Question?....

Because his head would explode.
Because he is not programmed for independent thought.

Maybe he'll post the chart of job losses again.

You shouldn't go around quoting other idiots. Even though we have grown over the last 22 months we have not actually had 22 consecutive months of positive growth. Anyway, can you tell me how the stimulus, which has mostly not been spent, accomplished that? Is it magic? Time travel? A reversal of cause and effect? (If you want an argument to hang your hat on I would go with the latter since there is no actual proof cause and effect actually exist.)

As for Republicans not taking the money, they are politicians, they take money whenever anyone holds it out, and will take it out of your pocket if you don't watch them. That only proves they take money, not that they think anything works, other than getting votes for them.

Half of the stimulus was tax cuts.

Stop making shit up.

What did I make up? By the way, I thought you said tax cuts never work, how did the stimulus work if half of it was tax cuts?

You would think with a name like "conservative", they would understand "moderation".

Tax cuts need to be targeted. Obama's recent tax cuts were targeted towards the middle class. This is why Republicans fought them. Because they don't care about helping the middle class. Only the uber rich. You know you can't deny that. It's been one of the main fights for the last couple of months.

Republicans have these simple "catch phrases". Like "Don't tax the job creators" and "Drill baby drill". They are empty rhetoric. The "Job Creators" have said "No NEW Hiring Without Demand". Get it? If there is no demand, they will not hire. This is why the tax cuts targeting the middle class is effective. Because they ARE the consumers. Why is that so hard to understand? The Bush tax cuts targeted the rich and threw a few bucks to the middle class so they wouldn't complain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Romney seems to think he can...

Romney's assertion that "the president is planning on cutting $1 trillion out of military spending." The article at the bottom of Page 4 began:

"Mitt Romney was wrong in stating that Mr. Obama wants to cut $1 trillion from military spending. The administration is committed to reductions of less than half that amount over 10 years - about $450 billion, or roughly 8 percent of the Pentagon budget over a decade.

"Moreover, congressional Republicans as well as Democrats support the level of cuts that Mr. Obama seeks. The cuts were mandated as part of the bipartisan deficit-reduction agreement with Mr. Obama in August."

While a second round of cuts would total about $1 trillion over a decade, Obama officials have vehemently opposed such cuts and proposed alternative measures.

In another attack, Romney said: "This president has opened up no new markets for American goods around the world in his three years, even as European nations and China have opened up 44." But the Times reported: "Not true: Mr. Obama has signed three trade deals since taking office, one each with South Korea, Panama and Colombia. The South Korean deal was characterized by Bloomberg News as the largest trade deal since the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1994."

Fact-check Romney's comments on Obama

Lying should make his magic underwear shrink...

Romney seems to think he can...

Romney's assertion that "the president is planning on cutting $1 trillion out of military spending." The article at the bottom of Page 4 began:

"Mitt Romney was wrong in stating that Mr. Obama wants to cut $1 trillion from military spending. The administration is committed to reductions of less than half that amount over 10 years - about $450 billion, or roughly 8 percent of the Pentagon budget over a decade.

"Moreover, congressional Republicans as well as Democrats support the level of cuts that Mr. Obama seeks. The cuts were mandated as part of the bipartisan deficit-reduction agreement with Mr. Obama in August."

While a second round of cuts would total about $1 trillion over a decade, Obama officials have vehemently opposed such cuts and proposed alternative measures.

In another attack, Romney said: "This president has opened up no new markets for American goods around the world in his three years, even as European nations and China have opened up 44." But the Times reported: "Not true: Mr. Obama has signed three trade deals since taking office, one each with South Korea, Panama and Colombia. The South Korean deal was characterized by Bloomberg News as the largest trade deal since the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1994."

Fact-check Romney's comments on Obama

Lying should make his magic underwear shrink...

It will all come out in the campaign. Obama's supporters have been frustrated he doesn't talk more about his achievements.

Could you imagine if Bush had taken out Bin Laden? Seriously? The way he acted when he thought he did something "butch"? How he would have acted if Democrats tried to take the credit? Obama simply has too much "class". Republicans simply don't recognize class. They think it has something to do with school so it should be "defunded".

Let us restate the glaringly obvious for the truth-impaired liberal Democratic Obamaphiles:

The FICTION is the story that President Obama has been and is a good President and an effective leader or that he has been in any way a capable President.

Yet THAT is the "story" that the GOP candidate will be running against.

It's not a truthful story. It is worse than fiction. It is a deliberate lie. It is dishonest propaganda.

But, it is the story against which the eventual GOP candidate will be obliged to run.

It would be better for all of us if the GOP candidate could run against the ACTUAL President and his ACTUAL record. But that will not be permitted. The eventual GOP candidate WILL instead have to run against the mythological candidate. And that is a work of pure fiction.

Let us restate the glaringly obvious for the truth-impaired liberal Democratic Obamaphiles:

The FICTION is the story that President Obama has been and is a good President and an effective leader or that he has been in any way a capable President.

It's not a truthful story. It is worse than fiction. It is a deliberate lie. It is dishonest propaganda.

But, it is the story against which the eventual GOP candidate will be obliged to run.

It would be better for all of us if the GOP candidate could run against the ACTUAL President and his ACTUAL record. But that will not be permitted. The eventual GOP candidate WILL instead have to run against the mythological candidate. And that is a work of pure fiction.

The ACTUAL president and his ACTUAL record?

For Republicans that means:

The Kenyan man-child boy-king Fascist Marxist Colonial Mau Mau who started twenty wars, lost us Iraq, spent 20 trillion dollars and took a trip using 32 American warships, an aircraft carrier, rented 5,000 5 star New Delhi Hotel Rooms at a cost of 200 million dollars a day.

That guy? Yea, run on that. Oh please, run on that. I'm sure it will work.

I never said tax cuts don't work.

Ahhh. So:

Republican tax cuts = bad.

Democrat tax cuts = good.

Please, by all means, continue flapping the shreds of your credibility. It's amusing.

Stop making shit up.

What did I make up? By the way, I thought you said tax cuts never work, how did the stimulus work if half of it was tax cuts?

You would think with a name like "conservative", they would understand "moderation".

Tax cuts need to be targeted. Obama's recent tax cuts were targeted towards the middle class. This is why Republicans fought them. Because they don't care about helping the middle class. Only the uber rich. You know you can't deny that. It's been one of the main fights for the last couple of months.

Republicans have these simple "catch phrases". Like "Don't tax the job creators" and "Drill baby drill". They are empty rhetoric. The "Job Creators" have said "No NEW Hiring Without Demand". Get it? If there is no demand, they will not hire. This is why the tax cuts targeting the middle class is effective. Because they ARE the consumers. Why is that so hard to understand? The Bush tax cuts targeted the rich and threw a few bucks to the middle class so they wouldn't complain.
Bush's tax cuts applied to everybody.

If you didn't lie, your post count would be zero.

The Kenyan man-child boy-king Fascist Marxist Colonial Mau Mau who started twenty wars, lost us Iraq, spent 20 trillion dollars and took a trip using 32 American warships, an aircraft carrier, rented 5,000 5 star New Delhi Hotel Rooms at a cost of 200 million dollars a day.

More deliberate dishonesty from rderp.

He is a bit of a man-child, and he does have some Marxist inclinations. But no. With the exception of some guys more or less out there on the fringe, or those who say it just to taunt dopes like rderp, most Republicans and other conservatives do NOT really maintain that President Obama was born in Kenya. He IS hiding much about his own personal history (quick, link me to his college transcripts or his law school transcripts!) but that doesn't mean he wasn't born in Hawaii. Nobody said he started 20 wars. Many of us (most) do not deem Iraq to have been "lost," either. He IS rather prolfigate in his spending for "state" trips. And that IS just a reality. It's just not one of the basic facts which YOU would ever care to honestly admit.

Inadvertently, your fundamental dishonesty ironically serves to prove the point I was making.

rderp, you lack integrity and honesty; but at least you remain utterly unpersuasive.

'Guy goes into a bar in Louisiana where there's a robot bartender!

The robot says, "What will you have?"

The guy says, "Whiskey."

The robot brings back his drink and says to the man, "What's your IQ?"

The guy says," 168."

The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and
medical technology.

The guy leaves, . . . but he is curious . . . So he goes back into the bar.

The robot bartender says, "What will you have?"

The guy says, "Whiskey."

Again, the robot brings the man his drink and says, "What's your IQ?"

The guy says, "100."

The robot then starts to talk about Nascar, Budweiser, the Saints and LSU Tigers

The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will
try it one more time.

He goes back into the bar.

The robot says, "What will you have?"

The guy says, "Whiskey," and the robot brings him his whiskey.

The robot then says, "What's your IQ?"

The guy says, "Uh, about 50."

The robot leans in real close and says, "SO, . . . you people. . .
still happy . . . with Barrack Obama???"

I just heard that question posed on TV.

A list was read off about what right wingers say about Obama.

Then actions of the "real" Obama was compared to the Republican's "fictional" list.

The audience laughed and laughed.

But I think it's a fair question. Can Republican's run against a "fictional character"?

Even the two Republicans on the show, "Buddy Roemer" and "Matt Lewis" admitted Republicans give no credit to Obama for anything.

MattLewis2.png

Why would Americans trust Republicans who just lie and lie?

Since the Barack Obama that was elected in 2008 was in "essence" a fictional character then the Republicans can run against...and win against the real Obama and his very real record. This will not be a campaign of vague promises about "Hope" and "Change you can believe in"...this will be a campaign about the economy and who has a plan going forward to fix it and who doesn't. I'm sorry but Barack Obama hasn't had a plan to fix things since his stimulus didn't work back in 2009. For the past year and a half he's simply been hoping the economy would turn around on it's own if he didn't fuck with it too much with stupid policies.

Why do you guys keep saying the stimulus didn't work? Republican congressmen and senators who voted against it took hundreds of millions of dollars and created thousands of jobs. How can you not know that? Do some research. It's not like it's not true, unlike most of Republican bullshit.

The stimulus worked insofar as it funneled nearly $1,000,000,000,000 into Democrat cronies and ultimately into Democrat coffers.

Now, we must still look at the FACT that unemployment averaged 9.4% during the same time period... so, it worked how again?

I never said tax cuts don't work.

Obama is going to allow the largest tax increase on working Americans to happen the first day of his 2nd term in office? Why don't I believe that?

That is actually beside the point, did the Bush tax cuts for working Americans work? Yes or no?

Stop making shit up.

They were? Which one? The $15 billion that allowed companies to offset profits over 5 years? The repeal of the law that would force government contractors to pay their tax bills? Maybe you are thinking about the tax credit for insulating your house, which is so tied up in red tape only a few people were able to use it. Maybe the $2000 dollar home buyer credit in 2009 that no one will get until later this year.

Tell me, which of those so called tax cuts are you talking about?

They were? Which one? The $15 billion that allowed companies to offset profits over 5 years? The repeal of the law that would force government contractors to pay their tax bills? Maybe you are thinking about the tax credit for insulating your house, which is so tied up in red tape only a few people were able to use it. Maybe the $2000 dollar home buyer credit in 2009 that no one will get until later this year.

Tell me, which of those so called tax cuts are you talking about?

Since you didn't link to anything, I'm guessing you have an average imagination. Think "payroll tax".

More deliberate dishonesty from rderp.

He is a bit of a man-child, and he does have some Marxist inclinations. But no. With the exception of some guys more or less out there on the fringe, or those who say it just to taunt dopes like rderp, most Republicans and other conservatives do NOT really maintain that President Obama was born in Kenya. He IS hiding much about his own personal history (quick, link me to his college transcripts or his law school transcripts!) but that doesn't mean he wasn't born in Hawaii. Nobody said he started 20 wars. Many of us (most) do not deem Iraq to have been "lost," either. He IS rather prolfigate in his spending for "state" trips. And that IS just a reality. It's just not one of the basic facts which YOU would ever care to honestly admit.

Inadvertently, your fundamental dishonesty ironically serves to prove the point I was making.

rderp, you lack integrity and honesty; but at least you remain utterly unpersuasive.

Yea, whatever.

Georgia judge orders Obama to appear in court for hearing on attempt to keep him off ballot - The Washington Post

Since the Barack Obama that was elected in 2008 was in "essence" a fictional character then the Republicans can run against...and win against the real Obama and his very real record. This will not be a campaign of vague promises about "Hope" and "Change you can believe in"...this will be a campaign about the economy and who has a plan going forward to fix it and who doesn't. I'm sorry but Barack Obama hasn't had a plan to fix things since his stimulus didn't work back in 2009. For the past year and a half he's simply been hoping the economy would turn around on it's own if he didn't fuck with it too much with stupid policies.

Why do you guys keep saying the stimulus didn't work? Republican congressmen and senators who voted against it took hundreds of millions of dollars and created thousands of jobs. How can you not know that? Do some research. It's not like it's not true, unlike most of Republican bullshit.

The stimulus worked insofar as it funneled nearly $1,000,000,000,000 into Democrat cronies and ultimately into Democrat coffers.

Now, we must still look at the FACT that unemployment averaged 9.4% during the same time period... so, it worked how again?
Including Unions...and Union Jobs.

No.

And they’ve been running against a fictional character for the last three years.

Indeed, the GOP has done Obama a favor with this ‘tactic.’

When the campaign proper begins, there’s nothing negative new the voters will hear about Obama: teleprompters, birth certificates, being responsible for the December 2007 recession, all of it will already been heard and dismissed by the voters as false.

No.

And they’ve been running against a fictional character for the last three years.

Indeed, the GOP has done Obama a favor with this ‘tactic.’

When the campaign proper begins, there’s nothing negative new the voters will hear about Obama: teleprompters, birth certificates, being responsible for the December 2007 recession, all of it will already been heard and dismissed by the voters as false.

I think that's pretty much true. When Obama went to the Republican retreat and cleaned their collective clocks, he did so without a teleprompter. Before the retreat, they was so excited with such rhetoric as "we are going to give the man-child a lesson on how the big boys play" and such similar nonsense. He made them look like country rubes. Afterwards, they felt he hadn't "played fair" because it turns out he was both "smart" and "knowledgeable". Two unforgivable sins coming from a black guy.

Forum List

Back