Can Republicans win by running against a "fictional character"?

No.

And they’ve been running against a fictional character for the last three years.

Indeed, the GOP has done Obama a favor with this ‘tactic.’

When the campaign proper begins, there’s nothing negative new the voters will hear about Obama: teleprompters, birth certificates, being responsible for the December 2007 recession, all of it will already been heard and dismissed by the voters as false.
Obama has been running against Bush for the past three years.

No.

And they’ve been running against a fictional character for the last three years.

When the campaign proper begins, there’s nothing negative new the voters will hear about Obama: teleprompters, birth certificates, being responsible for the December 2007 recession, all of it will already been heard and dismissed by the voters as false.

I think that's pretty much true. When Obama went to the Republican retreat and cleaned their collective clocks, he did so without a teleprompter. Before the retreat, they was so excited with such rhetoric as "we are going to give the man-child a lesson on how the big boys play" and such similar nonsense. He made them look like country rubes. Afterwards, they felt he hadn't "played fair" because it turns out he was both "smart" and "knowledgeable". Two unforgivable sins coming from a black guy.
You keep bringing up race.

But that's only because you're a racist.

Obama might as well be fiction. He has been president for a (long long) three years and we still aren't sure where he was born and his college grades are locked in a vault. Some experts claim that his book about his communist alcoholic bigamist father was ghost written by Bill Ayers but the investigative arm of the media isn't interested enough to investigate. As a matter of fact we aren't even sure about his relationship with the former domestic terrorist who was guilty of setting bombs, one of which killed a couple his partners in crime. Barry Hussein might as well be fiction for all we know about him.

No.

I think that's pretty much true. When Obama went to the Republican retreat and cleaned their collective clocks, he did so without a teleprompter. Before the retreat, they was so excited with such rhetoric as "we are going to give the man-child a lesson on how the big boys play" and such similar nonsense. He made them look like country rubes. Afterwards, they felt he hadn't "played fair" because it turns out he was both "smart" and "knowledgeable". Two unforgivable sins coming from a black guy.
You keep bringing up race.

But that's only because you're a racist.

rderp jazzes up the short bus.

But he's still a passenger on it.

I just heard that question posed on TV.

A list was read off about what right wingers say about Obama.

Then actions of the "real" Obama was compared to the Republican's "fictional" list.

The audience laughed and laughed.

But I think it's a fair question. Can Republican's run against a "fictional character"?

Even the two Republicans on the show, "Buddy Roemer" and "Matt Lewis" admitted Republicans give no credit to Obama for anything.

MattLewis2.png

Why would Americans trust Republicans who just lie and lie?

Of course the GOP can win against a caracature of the opposition.

They run against a caracature of the real man they're running against in every election.(and probably so do the DEMS)

Because in politics?

Perception BECOMES reality, so that running against a straw man candidate is probably a VERY good strategy.

Last edited:

Then actions of the "real" Obama was compared to the Republican's "fictional" list.

But I think it's a fair question. Can Republican's run against a "fictional character"?

Even the two Republicans on the show, "Buddy Roemer" and "Matt Lewis" admitted Republicans give no credit to Obama for anything.

MattLewis2.png

Because they support integrity in government, Christian family values and personal responsibility?

MattLewis2.png

Since the Barack Obama that was elected in 2008 was in "essence" a fictional character then the Republicans can run against...and win against the real Obama and his very real record. This will not be a campaign of vague promises about "Hope" and "Change you can believe in"...this will be a campaign about the economy and who has a plan going forward to fix it and who doesn't. I'm sorry but Barack Obama hasn't had a plan to fix things since his stimulus didn't work back in 2009. For the past year and a half he's simply been hoping the economy would turn around on it's own if he didn't fuck with it too much with stupid policies.

Things have been getting fixed. That's what you guys are scared of. That's why there are two fictions about Obama.

The first being that he's a crazy Kenyan, anti-colonial, marxist out to make fema death camps and indoctrinate America children into some brown shirt legion of community organizers..while baiting a class war. ( The Tea Party and Gingrich crowd )

Then there's the second fiction that everything bad started the minute Obama assumed office and he's been wildly spending money while achieving nothing. ( Establishment Republicans and Romney crowd )

Both are just as hilarious...but at least the second one isn't bigotted and racist. It's just wrong.

Forum List

Back