Can Republicans win by running against a "fictional character"?

The measure of OBama's desperation is that he is running as a class warrior rather than on his record.
Obamacare
Deficits
Failure in Iraq
Failure in Afghanistan
Failure in the Middle East
Failure in Iran
Failure in North Korea
etc

This is hilarious. Especially the failures in Iraq and North Korea. Those are Obama? I suspect you won't be able to even convince the majority of Republicans. Then again....

The measure of OBama's desperation is that he is running as a class warrior rather than on his record.
Obamacare
Deficits
Failure in Iraq
Failure in Afghanistan
Failure in the Middle East
Failure in Iran
Failure in North Korea
etc

This is hilarious. Especially the failures in Iraq and North Korea. Those are Obama? I suspect you won't be able to even convince the majority of Republicans. Then again....

Obama hasn't been president for 3 years? Really? WHo's running things? Biden?

GDP has been growing since 2009.

Except for the times it didn't.

United States GDP Growth Rate

The stock market has doubled since 2009.

The Dow closed at 8776 on 31 Dec 2008, it closed at 12,725 yesterday, (20 Jan 2012) that is not double.

Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.

And the number of people living at or below the poverty level is the highest it has een in 50 years.

Auto sales are up.

Damn, something you said is accurate. Good to know you can't be wrong all the time.

Home sales are up.

For the month of December, and experts expect this to be a rocky year.

Retail sales are up.

Damn, another accurate statement. Two in one post, is that a record?

Just an FYI, the prediction is that this year will see slower growth than last year.

Unemployment is down.

The rate certainly is.

We have had 22 months of private sector job growth.

You still trying to throw this one out? Do you pay attention to anything but the inside of your eyelids?

GM was saved and is now the number one automaker in the world.

That is, apparently, debatable. VW is arguing it is the largest.

Is GM Biggest Carmaker? It May Depend On How You Count - Driver's Seat - WSJ

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead, and we are out of Iraq.

Wow, 3 in one post, definitely a record. You are entirely correct, bin Laden and Qaddaffi are dead, and we are out of Iraq. I, however, have a problem with crediting anyone with Qaddaffi. Do you really want to give Obama credit for the murder of Qaddafi after he was captured? Personally, I would prefer to hope the US had nothing to do with that. As for Iraq, since Obama promised to get us out of Iraq by summer of 2009, and he actually followed Bush's negotiated timeline to the tee, I will only give Obama credit for not keeping us there like he was trying to do.

Obama has done a very good job.

Only if we accept that your criteria for a very good job has no connection with reality.

Why do you guys keep saying the stimulus didn't work? Republican congressmen and senators who voted against it took hundreds of millions of dollars and created thousands of jobs. How can you not know that? Do some research. It's not like it's not true, unlike most of Republican bullshit.

How does that prove it worked?

We were losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 jobs a month when Republicans handed Obama a failing economy.

We've had 22 months of positive growth.

Republicans wouldn't have taken the money of they believed it would fail.

Does that really have to be explained?

You shouldn't go around quoting other idiots. Even though we have grown over the last 22 months we have not actually had 22 consecutive months of positive growth. Anyway, can you tell me how the stimulus, which has mostly not been spent, accomplished that? Is it magic? Time travel? A reversal of cause and effect? (If you want an argument to hang your hat on I would go with the latter since there is no actual proof cause and effect actually exist.)

As for Republicans not taking the money, they are politicians, they take money whenever anyone holds it out, and will take it out of your pocket if you don't watch them. That only proves they take money, not that they think anything works, other than getting votes for them.

High gas prices

High Energy prices

High food prices

15 Trillion dollar debt.

Lost jobs in the Gulf Coast, Virginia West Virginia

Solyndra

Fast and Furious

Favoritism to Brazil and it's citizens.

Partisan Political Hack..

He lives like the 1% he demonizes..

All of the above are obummer,, none of it is fictional.. CNN needs to get a clue..

We have so much gasoline, it's the number one US export. If we had more, it would simply be exported. That's how capitalism works.

Gawd you guys are dumb.

we have so much were im at its just under 4 bucks a gallon.....and expected to be at 4 at summertime....so who is fucking us Dean.....the oil Companies or our Federal and State Governments......or both?......

Unfortunately, we aren't running against a fictional character. We are running against Barrack Obama.

Homer Simpson isn't running for President. And could probably do a better job if he was.

The only thing I learn from rdean's posts is that he is provided every thought, every opinion, every talking point by someone else.

Hey, rdean, have you ever heard the quote "question, with boldness, even the very existence of God"? Thomas Jefferson said it. You should try it. It is remarkably liberating.... it will free you from partisan hackery.
He's incapable of questioning Dear Reader. He's too busy licking his boots.

How does that prove it worked?

We were losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 jobs a month when Republicans handed Obama a failing economy.

You shouldn't go around quoting other idiots. Even though we have grown over the last 22 months we have not actually had 22 consecutive months of positive growth. Anyway, can you tell me how the stimulus, which has mostly not been spent, accomplished that? Is it magic? Time travel? A reversal of cause and effect? (If you want an argument to hang your hat on I would go with the latter since there is no actual proof cause and effect actually exist.)

As for Republicans not taking the money, they are politicians, they take money whenever anyone holds it out, and will take it out of your pocket if you don't watch them. That only proves they take money, not that they think anything works, other than getting votes for them.

Half of the stimulus was tax cuts.

Stop making shit up.

Stop making shit up.

What did I make up? By the way, I thought you said tax cuts never work, how did the stimulus work if half of it was tax cuts?

Stop making shit up.

What did I make up? By the way, I thought you said tax cuts never work, how did the stimulus work if half of it was tax cuts?

I never said tax cuts don't work.

Does that mean you think the Bush tax cuts for working Americans worked?

Obama is going to let them expire in December.

No more Bush tax cuts + automatic spending cuts = deficit reduction.

The Republicans last issue destroyed.

Why would Americans trust Republicans who just lie and lie?

The role of the powerful is to crete the ideological preconditions for the continuation of that power. The first thing you have to do is get rid of science. This is partly why the Right has partnered with the evangelicals. If you believe Jesus road a dinosaur and the earth was made in 7 days, than you are not likely to distinguish between Osama and Saddam, nor will you have the analytical skills to realize that Obama can't be both Stalin and Carter.

The war on science is like the war on media. Republican leaders don't want their mental prisoners leaving FOX News for a non-Republican media source any more than they want people to investigate carbon dating. This is why they wage war on the media. Because they don't want anyone getting any information from a news source which draws distinctions between Marx and Obama.

dumped trillions to keep UE low. failed, lied and had to invent "saved jobs"
spent money to boost "green" companies; billions wasted, companies closed or moved out of country

first ever economic downgrade.

killed a US citizen w/o a trial
spread the war
went to a new war that was none of our biz
cut DoD funding to put Vets on the street. Remember when you liars went batshit when Boner said he was going to fire Fed employees?

crushed the XL pipeline. No jobs for Americans.

on and fucking on

Only hypocrites and partisan liars will re-vote for that pussy

Can Republicans win by running against a "fictional character"?

Hell yeah, they can.

Both political parties have been running against STRAW MEN for most of my lifetime.

Most of our shadow puppet political theater is pure fiction.

Does that mean you think the Bush tax cuts for working Americans worked?

Obama is going to let them expire in December.

No more Bush tax cuts + automatic spending cuts = deficit reduction.

The Republicans last issue destroyed.

There is no deficit reduction.
So do tax cuts work or not? If the Obama stimulus workled and half of it was tax cuts, then you are saying tax cuts work. ANd thus the bush tax cuts should be made permanent.
If tax cuts dont work then the Obama stimulus was a failure.
But if it worked, why was Obama pushing for a second stimulus, what, 3 months ago?

Forum List

Back