Can Republicans win by running against a "fictional character"?

R

rdean

I just heard that question posed on TV.

A list was read off about what right wingers say about Obama.

Then actions of the "real" Obama was compared to the Republican's "fictional" list.

The audience laughed and laughed.

But I think it's a fair question. Can Republican's run against a "fictional character"?

Even the two Republicans on the show, "Buddy Roemer" and "Matt Lewis" admitted Republicans give no credit to Obama for anything.

MattLewis2.png

Why would Americans trust Republicans who just lie and lie?

The Real Obama: record debt, deficits, poverty, unemployment, food stamps, killed US Manned space program and got us our first ever credit downgrade.

Last edited:
President Obama is such a loser that any liberal Democrat effort to portray him as an actual (qualified, capable) "leader" who is, supposedly, deserving of reelection MAKES President Obama a fictional character.

So, yeah.

I say the GOP has no choice but to run against the liberal Democrat fiction.

See what I mean? They see only "skin deep". There is so much more to the truth.

Democrats are the ones running a fictional character. Who else do the Republicans have to compete against?

High gas prices

High Energy prices

High food prices

15 Trillion dollar debt.

Lost jobs in the Gulf Coast, Virginia West Virginia

Solyndra

Fast and Furious

Favoritism to Brazil and it's citizens.

Partisan Political Hack..

He lives like the 1% he demonizes..

All of the above are obummer,, none of it is fictional.. CNN needs to get a clue..

The only thing I learn from rdean's posts is that he is provided every thought, every opinion, every talking point by someone else.

Hey, rdean, have you ever heard the quote "question, with boldness, even the very existence of God"? Thomas Jefferson said it. You should try it. It is remarkably liberating.... it will free you from partisan hackery.

Then actions of the "real" Obama was compared to the Republican's "fictional" list.

But I think it's a fair question. Can Republican's run against a "fictional character"?

Even the two Republicans on the show, "Buddy Roemer" and "Matt Lewis" admitted Republicans give no credit to Obama for anything.

MattLewis2.png

Since the Barack Obama that was elected in 2008 was in "essence" a fictional character then the Republicans can run against...and win against the real Obama and his very real record. This will not be a campaign of vague promises about "Hope" and "Change you can believe in"...this will be a campaign about the economy and who has a plan going forward to fix it and who doesn't. I'm sorry but Barack Obama hasn't had a plan to fix things since his stimulus didn't work back in 2009. For the past year and a half he's simply been hoping the economy would turn around on it's own if he didn't fuck with it too much with stupid policies.

MattLewis2.png

Since the Barack Obama that was elected in 2008 was in "essence" a fictional character then the Republicans can run against...and win against the real Obama and his very real record. This will not be a campaign of vague promises about "Hope" and "Change you can believe in"...this will be a campaign about the economy and who has a plan going forward to fix it and who doesn't. I'm sorry but Barack Obama hasn't had a plan to fix things since his stimulus didn't work back in 2009. For the past year and a half he's simply been hoping the economy would turn around on it's own if he didn't fuck with it too much with stupid policies.

Why do you guys keep saying the stimulus didn't work? Republican congressmen and senators who voted against it took hundreds of millions of dollars and created thousands of jobs. How can you not know that? Do some research. It's not like it's not true, unlike most of Republican bullshit.

High gas prices

High Energy prices

High food prices

15 Trillion dollar debt.

Lost jobs in the Gulf Coast, Virginia West Virginia

Solyndra

Fast and Furious

Favoritism to Brazil and it's citizens.

Partisan Political Hack..

He lives like the 1% he demonizes..

All of the above are obummer,, none of it is fictional.. CNN needs to get a clue..

We have so much gasoline, it's the number one US export. If we had more, it would simply be exported. That's how capitalism works.

Gawd you guys are dumb.

GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
Auto sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Unemployment is down.
We have had 22 months of private sector job growth.
GM was saved and is now the number one automaker in the world.

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead, and we are out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

Interesting title/interesting thread. Historically, rebpugniskanks have run on the basis of making their flock believe that the "fictional character" speaks to them on a regular basis ( I guess they have a secret Skype ID).
Until then ? Buy silver !!!! ( I'm kidding).
Just accept the fact that you're completely fucked.
On a brighter note.Vivid is upping the ante on a(gorgeous) chick with two fully functional vaginas !
Gawd blass murka and kaptalizzzm !

The measure of OBama's desperation is that he is running as a class warrior rather than on his record.
Obamacare
Deficits
Failure in Iraq
Failure in Afghanistan
Failure in the Middle East
Failure in Iran
Failure in North Korea
etc

If you have read parts of either of his books Obama is not much more than a fictional character.

MattLewis2.png

Which accomplishments are you talking about?

MattLewis2.png

Why do you guys keep saying the stimulus didn't work? Republican congressmen and senators who voted against it took hundreds of millions of dollars and created thousands of jobs. How can you not know that? Do some research. It's not like it's not true, unlike most of Republican bullshit.

How does that prove it worked?

How does that prove it worked?

We were losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 jobs a month when Republicans handed Obama a failing economy.

We've had 22 months of positive growth.

Republicans wouldn't have taken the money of they believed it would fail.

Does that really have to be explained?

MattLewis2.png

Which accomplishments are you talking about?

His golf handicap.

Forum List

Back