Can my marriage be saved?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Ok....I admit it; I was snooping and probably deserve it. Last week my wife went out with her tennis instructor Todd. Well....she left her computer on so that she could download some p orn. So curiosity got the best of me and I checked out her browsing history. I found out that she had been looking at sites for.....Lawn Services. The next morning, when she got home from her date, I confronted her. She denied looking at those sites and said she doesn’t like that stuff and that they just pop up by themselves.

I admit that I have always been insecure about my lawn cutting ability. You see my mower is pretty small and it often stalls out before I can finish the job. My previous girlfriend always complained, saying that I don't do it often enough, I miss spots and finish too quickly. She always told me that her previous boyfriends had bigger mowers. She used to brag about giving parties where the football team would come over and take turns cutting her lawn. She also told me about one time where she had two guys cut her lawn at the same time with one in the front and the other in the back yard. She finally left me for a guy with a lawn tractor.

When I got married, everything was fine for the first couple years. Then one day when I returned from a long business trip, my neighbor told me that he had seen a lawn service truck in my driveway. I confronted my wife and she confessed that I had been away so long, that the lawn had needs and that she had hired a professional. She swore that it was a one time thing, that it didn't mean anything to her and that she would never do it again.

I have always tried to please my wife. She has unconventional desires when it comes to lawns. Cross-cuts, different mower positions, thatching...I have even used lawn supplements like VIAGROW to make it grow faster and last longer.

When we drive around in the car, I notice her checking out the neighbor’s lawns. She denies it...but I'm sitting right next to her...does she have to STARE. Its sooo humiliating.

Well last night...I was checking out the numbers on her cell phone and noticed one I did not recognize. So I called it and it was a Lawn Service. I was up most the night crying.

Are all women like this? Is this NORMAL? Can my marriage be saved?

Forum List

Back