Can islam make a "healthy" society

Lets not forget the idiots who are screaming nasties at the funerals of our soldiers are christians.

I dont think ay country build on ANY religion is healthy.

what is the most dangerous aspect of the christian religion?

Interesting question. What exactly is a healthy society? I think we need to determine that before we can figure out if Islam can make one.

Another question is our society healthy? I would argue that it isn't.
Why is our society not healthy?

I would say one where there is rule of law, a functioning economic system, and social mobility are mark a healthy society. Ours certainly qualifies, albeit with some extremes.

Interesting question. What exactly is a healthy society? I think we need to determine that before we can figure out if Islam can make one.

Another question is our society healthy? I would argue that it isn't.
Why is our society not healthy?

I would say one where there is rule of law, a functioning economic system, and social mobility are mark a healthy society. Ours certainly qualifies, albeit with some extremes.

Im not sure our society meets those criteria anymore.

We have corruption permeating through society. The Rule of law only applies to some people. The So called ruling class exempts themselves all the time. The government has completely screwed up the economy so that it's debatable whether it's functioning properly at all and social mobility is not the same way it used to be. Mostly because of the corruption.

I think the system is good. The people are just unhealthy.

I am not sure that Chinese communists, African animists, or any other third world country treats people better. While deplorable, it isn't representative of Islam per se.

Do you know of any other society that does not 'allow' the mother to look at her own child without a barrier? Any other society that does not 'allow' girls or women to laugh?
Really, where did you get those bits of information?
I wouldn't expect an answer. :rolleyes:

I am not sure that Chinese communists, African animists, or any other third world country treats people better. While deplorable, it isn't representative of Islam per se.

Do you know of any other society that does not 'allow' the mother to look at her own child without a barrier? Any other society that does not 'allow' girls or women to laugh?
Really, where did you get those bits of information?

Did you watch the link?

What's strange is that it was Bush/Republicans who worked so hard to change Iraq into an Islamic Theocracy.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Remember how proud Bush and the Republicans were that Iraq had a "new" constitution? When thoughtful people pointed out that "Islam" is now the "national religion" when before they were "secular", Republicans said, "We can't tell them how to live". Even while they marched into Baghdad and "told" them how to live pointing a gun to their heads.

History will point to this as just another Republican failure. Not as big as what they did to the economy or our military. But it's a big one. I'm not sure if it's as big as letting Bin Laden go. Depends on how long al Qaeda lasts. History will be the judge.

And don't forget. Republicans want to do that here with Christianity. They are driven by "ideology".

Thank you for 'joining' the discussion. Do you have anything to say 'on topic'?

Hmmm, the "topic" is, "Can Islam make a "healthy" society". You can't tell by my post the "Republican" supported, right wing Islamic Theocracy in Iraq whether I think the current "society" is healthy or not?

I was just pointing out that every time I criticized the fact that Americans were dying so Republicans could build such a society, Republicans say it's not true.

1. Iraq already had it's own government. With Republicans leading the way, we destroyed it.

2. As bad as it was under Saddam it's TEN TIMES WORSE as a hard right wing Islamic Theocracy.

3. Republicans say, "We can't tell them how to live", but did just that when they invaded. Wouldn't it have been better if the Republicans just forced Iraq to become a democracy by Constitution? They would still hate our guts. But at least their women would be "free".

The link was specifically about Afganistan islam controlled government.

What's strange is that it was Bush/Republicans who worked so hard to change Iraq into an Islamic Theocracy.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Remember how proud Bush and the Republicans were that Iraq had a "new" constitution? When thoughtful people pointed out that "Islam" is now the "national religion" when before they were "secular", Republicans said, "We can't tell them how to live". Even while they marched into Baghdad and "told" them how to live pointing a gun to their heads.

History will point to this as just another Republican failure. Not as big as what they did to the economy or our military. But it's a big one. I'm not sure if it's as big as letting Bin Laden go. Depends on how long al Qaeda lasts. History will be the judge.

And don't forget. Republicans want to do that here with Christianity. They are driven by "ideology".

RDean, are you still pushing this particular myth? Despite having been shown dozens of times that it is 100% incorrect?
Do you never learn? Are capable of learning?

HOLD EVERYTHING!

All the times I pointed out that Iraq is now an Islamic Theocracy by constitution and the many, many times Republicans ON THIS VERY SITE said, "We can't tell them how to live", never happened? That NEVER happened? Seriously? You're saying "It never happened?"

'Liberating' 50 million Iraqis is something the right has been harping on ad nauseum, especially after the WMD thing went to shit. We never heard the end of how we 'liberated' all those people, with of course the constant shots at those who opposed the war, for not caring whether or not the Iraqi people were 'liberated'.

Well, okay, we 'liberated' them. And now they've established a constitutional Islamic theocracy.

To all you Islam-is-evil types - Blood and Treasure well spent???

I wonder if we're spending anything over there to help the Iraqis build or rebuild their mosques.

And let me ask this, if mosques are built on the sites of Islamic victories, what victories are the Iraqis celebrating when they build mosques?

eh?

Islam is not a "healthy" society.
If islam supports this treatment, should we be very particular about the muslim sects that come to this country? The government has to be complaisant for this to occur. If the government is taken over by the religious extremists, is this possible, here, or anywhere else in the world? Should a condition of the green card or citizenship requirement be: follow the current laws, and do nothing to diminish this country?

We here all about how terrible this country treats people; why is there absolute silence about how other societies treat their own?

YouTube - The Canvas Prison

What you are seeing is what happens when a religion takes over government.

If islam supports this treatment, should we be very particular about the muslim sects that come to this country? The government has to be complaisant for this to occur. If the government is taken over by the religious extremists, is this possible, here, or anywhere else in the world? Should a condition of the green card or citizenship requirement be: follow the current laws, and do nothing to diminish this country?

We here all about how terrible this country treats people; why is there absolute silence about how other societies treat their own?

The right in America is making gains on establishing a theocracy.

Last edited:

The right in America is making gains on establishing a theocracy.

How exactly is promoting the values of the Constitution establishing a theocracy?

It looks like a bad horror movie doesn't it?

The reality of this is horrifying. This religion is men gone nuts. It is the religious version of the gorian lifestyle.

The Gorean Lifestyle: A Woman's Right is Slave - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Thats some crazy shit right there.

It looks like a bad horror movie doesn't it?

The reality of this is horrifying. This religion is men gone nuts. It is the religious version of the gorian lifestyle.

The Gorean Lifestyle: A Woman's Right is Slave - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Thats some crazy shit right there.

Why is it the men that agree with islam know about the most perverted and lewd societies? I has never heard of that before. Maybe because it exists in 'darkness' and I prefer the light of day.

Lets not forget the idiots who are screaming nasties at the funerals of our soldiers are christians.

I dont think ay country build on ANY religion is healthy.

Those people wouldnt know Christ if he walked up and said HI.

They are'nt christians, not even a little. God does'nt condone that kind of behavior.

I know because.... I asked.
:cool:

RDean, are you still pushing this particular myth? Despite having been shown dozens of times that it is 100% incorrect?
Do you never learn? Are capable of learning?

Rabbi....as long as Dean can blame something on his arch-enemies he can give shit.....the guy sees "Republicans" everywhere.....Dean is the kind of guy who someday is going to snap.....Hell for Dean would be an eternity in a room with Bush and Cheny and all their wonderful henchmen.....heaven for many of us would be being able to look in their windows and see how things are going.....

Forum List

Back