Can islam make a "healthy" society

I wonder if we're spending anything over there to help the Iraqis build or rebuild their mosques.

And let me ask this, if mosques are built on the sites of Islamic victories, what victories are the Iraqis celebrating when they build mosques?

eh?

So it's impossible for them to build mosques without having a victory? :cuckoo:

You are a pussy fear mongering piece of shit.

News flash ya little twat... you don't have to be a Muslim. No one has to be a Muslim. If someone tries to make you be a Muslim kill them...end of story.

How exactly is promoting the values of the Constitution establishing a theocracy?
It's the Cons who want to abolish the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

Abolish or amend?

And how would that establish a theocracy?

Anything promoted by Conservatives ipso facto must be on the agenda of the Christian evangelicals as well, in the mind of liberals. And since we all know evangalicals want to establish a theocracy because...well, we all know that's true, right?--therefore it must be one more step down that road.
Pitiful. Just pitiful.

It's the Cons who want to abolish the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

Abolish or amend?

Anything promoted by Conservatives ipso facto must be on the agenda of the Christian evangelicals as well, in the mind of liberals. And since we all know evangalicals want to establish a theocracy because...well, we all know that's true, right?--therefore it must be one more step down that road.
Pitiful. Just pitiful.

I have met hundreds of fundis over the years. If given the chance most of the ones I have encountered would jump at the chance to have official sanction to force Christianity on others....for the greater purpose of saving their souls of course. Christians can be every bit as violent as Muslims in trying to force thier beliefs on others.

Can any government based on any theology be a healthy government to people who believe in the concept of separation of church and state?

I dont think so.

Can any government based on any theology be a healthy government to people who believe in the concept of separation of church and state?

I dont think so.

I dont think Muslims believe in separation of church and state. Neither do Jews.

Islam and healthy together is a oxymoron. :eusa_eh:

There is no such thing as a healthy society run on a single religion or ideology, and theocracy is generally a bad idea.

Last edited:

News flash ya little twat... you don't have to be a Muslim. No one has to be a Muslim. If someone tries to make you be a Muslim kill them...end of story.

cant argue with that.....there are religious fanatics out there who figure if you wont join them they have the right to kill you.....so you are just defending yourself....and its probably very effective....

I have met hundreds of fundis over the years. If given the chance most of the ones I have encountered would jump at the chance to have official sanction to force Christianity on others....for the greater purpose of saving their souls of course. Christians can be every bit as violent as Muslims in trying to force thier beliefs on others.

i too have met these very same types......

You are a pussy fear mongering piece of shit.

Does that mean you agree with forcing women to wear the burka, and be treated as animals?

Abolish or amend?

Pitiful. Just pitiful.

Evidence?

Please make sure to list the thousands and thousands of Christians attacking in the last few years, compared to the numbers of muslims attacking in the last few years.

I dont think so.

That was the point: once the leaders are muslim, this kind of government follows. Does anyone know of a muslim country that is not oppressive to its people?

No theocracy can produce a "healthy" society. Organized religion is the biggest man-made scourge on this planet. The only society that can be a healthy society is a tolerant secular society - a live and let live society.

Last edited:
I would say one where there is rule of law, a functioning economic system, and social mobility are mark a healthy society. Ours certainly qualifies, albeit with some extremes.

None of which can exist in a theocracy or a free-market economy. Democracy cannot exist in either.

I would say one where there is rule of law, a functioning economic system, and social mobility are mark a healthy society. Ours certainly qualifies, albeit with some extremes.

None of which can exist in a theocracy or a free-market economy. Democracy cannot exist in either.

Actually they can all exist in either a theocracy or free-market.

I still find it odd that we are discussion whether something can make a healthy society without defining what a healthy society is.

Seems alittle silly to exclude this step to me.

Well who on earth wants mob rule? If anything the Republic is the ideal.

Islam and healthy together is a oxymoron. :eusa_eh:

There is no such thing as a healthy society run on a single religion or ideology, and theocracy is generally a bad idea.

well true enough, christianity and healthy are oxymoronic too.

as are partisan and healthy.

Extremist ideologues are not dangerous, they are THE most dangerous expression of society that has ever existed.

The difference between a healthy society and Nazi Germany is the quality of leadership whose authority the people will subscribe to.

Our founding fathers had legendary high standards.

While we are raking the bottom of the barrel.

Forum List

Back