Can I lose my salvation: Eternal Security

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
Is the gospel something we receive in life if we persevere?
Is the gospel something that causes us to persevere in the Christian life?

The first twenty to thirty minutes is all I ask for people to watch if they are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

The first twenty to thirty minutes is all I ask for people to watch if they are interested.

"Can I Lose My Salvation?" [Eternal Security] (Doug Eaton) - YouTube

God planned and created the salvation for ALL His people before any visible world existed. Salvation isn't left up to man to decide because man isn't capable of making any decisions. God planned and created life for ALL His people. He didn't make people to plan their own life.

The breath of life is the invisible energy that makes our flesh move, speak, hear, taste, smell and touch in this world.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Man is made of two different things. The flesh of man was formed by invisible processed energy ( breath of life ) that makes him a living human being.

Consider this...

Satan himself had Salvation, as Lucifer he was next only to Jesus The Son.

However, he got too big for his britches and lost salvation.

Therein lies your answer.

Consider this...

Lucifer isn't a person. It's God's strong delusion to deceive His people from knowing who they are in Him. The purpose of this delusion was to draw out His servant from this delusion and use them to let us know who we are and what His eternal plan is.

Consider this...

Lucifer isn't a person. It's God's strong delusion to deceive His people from knowing who they are in Him. The purpose of this delusion was to draw out His servant from this delusion and use them to let us know who we are and what His eternal plan is.

Gnosticism and the dual world apostasy creates squid brains.

Consider this...

In order to keep their Christians from reading the writings of the true saints, the Vatican called their writings, evil gnostic writings. The religious leaders of the Vatican did not want their Christians to become like the saints they had killed for their true testimonies of God.

Consider this...

I don't agree because the angels had full revelation of God and man didn't have that.

Eve was deceived. Maybe the story might have been different if she wasn't deceived. Whether or not Adam ate to save or die with his wife, we will not know till we get to heaven.

The other difference is that Jesus died for mankind and not angels.

Consider this...

I don't agree because the angels had full revelation of God and man didn't have that.

Eve was deceived. Maybe the story might have been different if she wasn't deceived. Whether or not Adam ate to save or die with his wife, we will not know till we get to heaven.

The other difference is that Jesus died for mankind and not angels.

Christians worship false images and idols made with human hands.

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
15: They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.

In order to keep their Christians from reading the writings of the true saints, the Vatican called their writings, evil gnostic writings. The religious leaders of the Vatican did not want their Christians to become like the saints they had killed for their true testimonies of God.

You are not a follower, a saint, or an elect.

Simply deluded. The fire of 21st century intellectualism is a far better antidote than the alternatives of the 12th and 13th centuries for your nonsense.

You are not a follower, a saint, or an elect.

Simply deluded. The fire of 21st century intellectualism is a far better antidote than the alternatives of the 12th and 13th centuries for your nonsense.

Liars will lie themselves into the ground without ever knowing the Truth of who they are in the mind of our Creator.

Row, row, row your boat, gently down a stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Let me put it this way... your earthly life is your earthly life, your heavenly life is your heavenly life.
Have patience, live love laugh and enjoy. For you shall do the same in that afterlife.

Consider this...

ummm, no.:lol:

...20 to 30 minutes...

I hit Back if a webpage take more than about 10 secs to load and you're asking people to sit through 30 minutes while on a website presumedly to write and discuss things? :)

As to the question itself, Christianity and other faiths don't all agree or disagree on much. Some denominations believe salvation's permanent, others don't. Where you come down on it depends on what denomination you subscribe to. Neat comparison chart of major denominational differences here with this and tons more things they each believe or don't side-by-side for easy comparison.

Comparison Chart of Beliefs of Christian Denominations - ReligionFacts

ROMAN CATHOLICS:
Can lose salvation. "Mortal sin cuts us off entirely from our true last end." (CE) Perseverance to the end is a gift of God, but we must cooperate with God's gift. (CE)

BAPTISTS:
Salvation cannot be lost. "Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His Spirit, will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end." (SBC)

Last edited:
Scriptures are pretty clear that the answer is yes:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6)
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. (2 peter 2:20-22)

Of course, this is referring to the salvation of sins. We are all saved from death no matter what we do.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6)
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. (2 peter 2:20-22)

Of course, this is referring to the salvation of sins. We are all saved from death no matter what we do.

Wouldn't equate eternity in hell with being 'saved from death.' :)

Wouldn't equate eternity in hell with being 'saved from death.' :)

If your body and spirit are together, you are alive, even if you are suffering in hell for your sins.

The Lord's work is to bring to pass the Immortality and Eternal Life of man. The Immortality part is guaranteed. It's the Eternal Life part that is in question. Those that accept the Atonement of Jesus Christ will receive Eternal Life. Because they will know God the Father and Jesus Christ. And when He appears they will be like Him.

Forum List

Back