Can Creationists defend Creationism?

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
We all know that they can attack evolution, but can they defend creationism?

Everything the criticize evolution for, goes double and triple for creationism.

Well, can you Creationists defend it?

For example, prove that the earth is less than 10,000 years old, or that God created man out of clay, or any other of the claims made that disagree with the facts as we know them.

It's a negative argument and can't be proven. They know it and can't provide peer reviewed science to back up their position so their only tool is to try to poke holes in the scientific arguments. That's bad enough, but in their minds disproving science somehow automatically proves creationism.

Their combination of dogmatic ignorance, willful stupidity, and arrogance would be laughable if they weren't able to doubletalk their way into political power. If we had a scientifically literate society we would be able to just laugh at Creationists until they were no longer a going concern, but they have such political power that they resist any and all attempts to get the public, especially school children, to be educated when it comes to science.

It's a negative argument and can't be proven. They know it and can't provide peer reviewed science to back up their position so their only tool is to try to poke holes in the scientific arguments. That's bad enough, but in their minds disproving science somehow automatically proves creationism.

Their combination of dogmatic ignorance, willful stupidity, and arrogance would be laughable if they weren't able to doubletalk their way into political power. If we had a scientifically literate society we would be able to just laugh at Creationists until they were no longer a going concern, but they have such political power that they resist any and all attempts to get the public, especially school children, to be educated when it comes to science.

I don't think they have that much power. They have a vocal few, and occasionally they can rally enough people to get creationism in a school or two but it doesn't last. I think that they area very vocal minority.

It isn't just the ones getting elected to local school boards. They are getting elected to state school boards and pressuring legislators. The legislators don't understand science, want to be "fair", and most importantly want the backing of the God Squad. That's the political power I was talking about.

You almost gotta laugh. The union run school system produces grads who can barely write and the radical left is worried about the possibility that creationism might be taught alongside evolution.

It's not a left-right problem. Teaching kids bad science for any reason, including religious dogma, has no positive side. All that happens is we make kids (who eventually become adults) stupid and countries like China and India gain ground.

I'm a Republican, I agree with much of what the Tea Party wants, I'm on board with much of the little l libertarian platform, but I am completely opposed to teaching creationism to school children.

I believe in god. However, that is my personal belief system and it has no place in class room or even on a thread about science and technology.

For example, prove that the earth is less than 10,000 years old, or that God created man out of clay, or any other of the claims made that disagree with the facts as we know them.

a fuckin' useless exercise...

You almost gotta laugh. The union run school system produces grads who can barely write and the radical left is worried about the possibility that creationism might be taught alongside evolution.

Were you home schooled? In a thread about the ability to defend creation science you pull a tired old rant out of your ass attacking unions?

Since the Sun wasn't created until after the fourth cycle of "evening" and "morning" it is impossible to determine the duration of elapsed time before hand.

Can liberals defend the concept of man-made global warming? Both issues are faith based. Let it go libs. Creationism is just a theory. Man made global warming is an extortion scheme that could put the US in the category of a 3rd world country.

It's not a left-right problem. Teaching kids bad science for any reason, including religious dogma, has no positive side. All that happens is we make kids (who eventually become adults) stupid and countries like China and India gain ground.

I'm a Republican, I agree with much of what the Tea Party wants, I'm on board with much of the little l libertarian platform, but I am completely opposed to teaching creationism to school children.

I agree 100% and I'll add this: it isn't necessary to believe in the creation story to be a good Christian. I'm a Christian and u believe in God. I also believe that evolution is fact. The bible is a guideline for living life as a Christian, it isn't a historical record book.

a fuckin' useless exercise...

Perhaps but the point of this thread is to show that attacking evolution doesn't make creation true.

Many of my fellow conservatives seem to object to evolution because they associate it with liberalism. While liberals like to use it to hammer Christian fundamentalists with, evolution isn't a liberal idea.

I can a little. If I had another bookshelf, thousands more dollars for books, and paid as a pastor then I could defend it with limitations as atheists wouldn't allow Christians in the lab because of intolerance.

I chose to go the theology and evangelism route and get more experience there and try to catch up at a later point in time.

Forum List

Back