Can Christianity Stand By Itself?

Christianity is not autonomous from Judaism so long as the Jewish Bible, the OT is in every version of the Christian Bible, nor is it when Christians quote and use the OT.

We don't observe any of the Jewish customs. None of them, except maybe for Passover. I can tell you first hand, being a Christian and all. Just because the OT happens to contain the Torah, doesn't mean we function in the same manner as Jews. We don't even follow any of the 600+ old laws set before the Israelites in the OT. We don't fast, nor do we wear special attire. We don't have Bar Mitzvahs for our children, the Jews don't Baptize their believers. We believe in the risen Lord, they are still waiting for his return. So yes, we are quite autonomous from Judaism.

How very presumptuous of you.

Sounds like you're in some cult then and no official version or denomination of Christianity.

For your information, I am part of the Baptist denomination of Christianity. I take offense to you implying I am in a cult.
I am a successionist Baptist.

We split from NOBODY, we were there in the beginning, with John.

We split off from the Puritans/Separatists, who themselves split from the Anglican denomination
Different Baptists!

Christianity is not autonomous from Judaism so long as the Jewish Bible, the OT is in every version of the Christian Bible, nor is it when Christians quote and use the OT.

We don't observe any of the Jewish customs. None of them, except maybe for Passover. I can tell you first hand, being a Christian and all. Just because the OT happens to contain the Torah, doesn't mean we function in the same manner as Jews. We don't even follow any of the 600+ old laws set before the Israelites in the OT. We don't fast, nor do we wear special attire. We don't have Bar Mitzvahs for our children, the Jews don't Baptize their believers. We believe in the risen Lord, they are still waiting for his return. So yes, we are quite autonomous from Judaism.

Sounds like you're in some cult then and no official version or denomination of Christianity.

For your information, I am part of the Baptist denomination of Christianity. I take offense to you implying I am in a cult. So, what makes you an expert on the machinations of my faith? Hmm?

No, ya don't. Take offense I mean. If ya do you're a sissy girl. :) And I'll endeavor to find ways of offending you. You're a troll who has nothing better to do than this. ...Just like me. :)

Your response is indicative that you bit off more than you could chew. I disproved your notion that the Christian faith is inseparable from Judaism. You reply is like such. You can put great effort into try offending me, and I can put you on the ignore list. Good luck. You will be responding to empty bandwidth.

For your information, I am part of the Baptist denomination of Christianity. I take offense to you implying I am in a cult. So, what makes you an expert on the machinations of my faith? Hmm?

No, ya don't. Take offense I mean. If ya do you're a sissy girl. :) And I'll endeavor to find ways of offending you. You're a troll who has nothing better to do than this. ...Just like me. :)

Your response is indicative that you bit off more than you could chew. I disproved your notion that the Christian faith is inseparable from Judaism. You reply is like such. You can put great effort into try offending me, and I can put you on the ignore list. Good luck. You will be responding to empty bandwidth.

Please put me on ignore. Let's see how long it lasts before you take me off to once more engage in my threads.

For your information, I am part of the Baptist denomination of Christianity. I take offense to you implying I am in a cult.

We split off from the Puritans/Separatists, who themselves split from the Anglican denomination
Different Baptists!

Anabaptist then?

Please put me on ignore. Let's see how long it lasts before you take me off to once more engage in my threads.

I can respond to your thread without directly addressing you. Bye!

Gotta wonder at those claiming they're all distinct and independent from Judaism right in the middle of saying how they're denomination split off some previous one which itself split off some previous one who split off some previous one who split off Catholicism which split off Judaism.

But yes, you're all independent and your cult came out of a vacuum.

I can respond to your thread without directly addressing you. Bye!

Bye :) Cya in a few minutes.

A couple of remarks:
While others may have seemed similar to Christ, only Christ returned from death, alive.
Baptists have the least amount of religious dogma. And have the least amount of taking away from and adding to the Bible. They rock.
Delta, if there was never a Jew, there would still be Christ the Lord.
And it won't take a long time to meld the two Testaments. When Christ touches down on the Mount of Olives, we will all be reconciled in a moment, and be glad for it.

A couple of remarks:
While others may have seemed similar to Christ, only Christ returned from death, alive.
Baptists have the least amount of religious dogma. And have the least amount of taking away from and adding to the Bible. They rock.
And it won't take a long time to meld the two Testaments. When Christ touches down on the Mount of Olives, we will all be reconciled in a moment, and be glad for it.

Many messianic figures froma variety of religions supposedly came back from the dead. The Jesus stories aren't exactly original.

Put it this way, how much sense doe sit make to you when Christians say Jesus was the Jewish Messiah and/or God, or a son of God, and if you don't believe that you'll go to hell. Then it their very next breath quote something from the OT, the Jewish religion's holy text which denies the divinity of Jesus?

It's insane.

JEWS deny, which was foretold, the OT does not.

44 Prophecies Jesus Christ Fulfilled Prophecies About JesusOld Testament
ScriptureNew Testament
Fulfillment1Messiah would be born of a woman.Genesis 3:15Matthew 1:20
Galatians 4:42
Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.Micah 5:2Matthew 2:1
Luke 2:4-63
Messiah would be born of a virgin.Isaiah 7:14Matthew 1:22-23
Luke 1:26-314
Messiah would come from the line of Abraham.Genesis 12:3
Genesis 22:18Matthew 1:1
Romans 9:55
Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac.Genesis 17:19
Genesis 21:12Luke 3:346
Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob.Numbers 24:17Matthew 1:27Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah.Genesis 49:10Luke 3:33
Hebrews 7:148
Messiah would be heir to King David's throne.2 Samuel 7:12-13
Isaiah 9:7Luke 1:32-33
Romans 1:39
Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal.Psalm 45:6-7
Daniel 2:44Luke 1:33
Hebrews 1:8-1210
Messiah would be called Immanuel.Isaiah 7:14Matthew 1:2311
Messiah would spend a season in Egypt.Hosea 11:1Matthew 2:14-1512A
massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace.Jeremiah 31:15Matthew 2:16-1813
A messenger would prepare the way for MessiahIsaiah 40:3-5Luke 3:3-614
Messiah would be rejected by his own people.Psalm 69:8
Isaiah 53:3John 1:11
John 7:515
Messiah would be a prophet.Deuteronomy 18:15Acts 3:20-2216
Messiah would be preceded by Elijah.Malachi 4:5-6Matthew 11:13-1417
Messiah would be declared the Son of God.Psalm 2:7Matthew 3:16-1718
Messiah would be called a Nazarene.Isaiah 11:1Matthew 2:2319
Messiah would bring light to Galilee.Isaiah 9:1-2Matthew 4:13-1620
Messiah would speak in parables.Psalm 78:2-4
Isaiah 6:9-10Matthew 13:10-15, 34-3521
Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted.Isaiah 61:1-2Luke 4:18-1922
Messiah would be a priest after the order ofMelchizedek.Psalm 110:4Hebrews 5:5-623
Messiah would be called King.Psalm 2:6
Zechariah 9:9Matthew 27:37
Mark 11:7-1124
Messiah would be praised by little children.Psalm 8:2Matthew 21:1625Messiah would be betrayed.Psalm 41:9
Zechariah 11:12-13Luke 22:47-48
Matthew 26:14-1626
Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field.Zechariah 11:12-13Matthew 27:9-1027Messiah would be falsely accused.Psalm 35:11Mark 14:57-5828
Messiah would be silent before his accusers.Isaiah 53:7Mark 15:4-529
Messiah would be spat upon and struck.Isaiah 50:6Matthew 26:6730
Messiah would be hated without cause.Psalm 35:19
Psalm 69:4John 15:24-2531
Messiah would be crucified with criminals.Isaiah 53:12Matthew 27:38
Mark 15:27-2832
Messiah would be given vinegar to drink.Psalm 69:21Matthew 27:34
John 19:28-3033
Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced.Psalm 22:16
Zechariah 12:10John 20:25-2734Messiah would be mocked and ridiculed.Psalm 22:7-8Luke 23:3535
Soldiers would gamble for Messiah's garments.Psalm 22:18Luke 23:34
Matthew 27:35-3636
Messiah's bones would not be broken.Exodus 12:46
Psalm 34:20John 19:33-3637
Messiah would be forsaken by God.Psalm 22:1Matthew 27:4638
Messiah would pray for his enemies.Psalm 109:4Luke 23:3439
Soldiers would pierce Messiah's side.Zechariah 12:10John 19:3440
Messiah would be buried with the rich.Isaiah 53:9Matthew 27:57-6041
Messiah would resurrect from the dead.Psalm 16:10Psalm 49:15Matthew 28:2-7Acts 2:22-3242
Messiah would ascend to heaven.Psalm 24:7-10Mark 16:19
Luke 24:5143
Messiah would be seated at God's right hand.Psalm 68:18
Psalm 110:1Mark 16:19
Matthew 22:4444
Messiah would be a sacrifice for sin.Isaiah 53:5-12Romans 5:6-8
All these references and none to lev. 16. The whole nt is revealed in one chapter. Jesus most important act. Is his sacrifice as the Lamb.
There is more to the Day of atonement than either Christians or JEWS are really comfortable with.

I guess the whole chapter could have been referenced but I think Isaiah 53:5-12 covers it well enough for this discussion board. Beside Lev:16 isn't really a prophecy, in my opinion. It tells the story but is not the gist of what I was answering.

Put it this way, how much sense doe sit make to you when Christians say Jesus was the Jewish Messiah and/or God, or a son of God, and if you don't believe that you'll go to hell. Then it their very next breath quote something from the OT, the Jewish religion's holy text which denies the divinity of Jesus?

It's insane.

Christians say it not because they made it up but because: Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Now I am a bit open minded on this.
Don't be.

Children
Those who never heard the Word of God
God's chosen people.

A couple of remarks:

Many messianic figures froma variety of religions supposedly came back from the dead. The Jesus stories aren't exactly original.

OK then you jews ripped off the flood story.

DT why are you "conveniently" leaving out the religious
approaches that would prove you wrong by negating your statement?

Your exception proves the rule, Emily. In order to survive a religion needs to proselytize. Most religions do it through the indoctrination of the children of their believers. You would not even know about Buddhism if there weren't those that are proselytizing it. And yes, it is a great selling point of Buddhism to give credit to other religions. Kind of one ups them on the others that claim that only they are the "one true faith".

All religions are cults, TK! Look up the definition for yourself.

The alternative more sinister definition of the term cult derives from the abuse of religion in order to control people. Yes, even Baptists have their own versions of those cults too.

Utter nonsense. The protestant split from the RCC is where the splits in Christianity began.

Utter nonsense. The protestant split from the RCC is where the splits in Christianity began.
actually, the Anglican and East Orthodox splits preceded the Reformation........

A couple of remarks:

And this is not required for Jesus to represent a universal process.

All people and cultures go through this same process of breaking free
from the karma from the past, and finding spiritual fulfillment and maturity.

The PROCESS is about achieving "lasting peace and justice"
so it takes each of us to go through the steps REPRESENTED in the Bible
in order for ALL HUMANITY to come to peace and fruition Collectively as a Whole.

Delta4Embassy
the SAME SONG can be used to sing A B C's
as "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and it's still a classic song.
It does not have to be original to recognize it for what it is.

Forum List

Back