Can anyone help

Shazbot said:
That's interesting...I also get that sometimes, though at times it is the entire webpage and not just a graphic. Here's the thing, though...it only occurs for me in Windows 98. I dual-boot my system with both Windows 98 and Windows XP (since the system is slow, I use 98 for games, and XP for everything else). Since 98 is only being used for games anyway, I don't really care, though, it is admittedly very weird. I am also on a home wireless network. My only diagnosis is that it may have something to do with a glitch in the way IE 6.0 handles the network internet access. Are you on XP or 98/ME?

-Douglas

98 - old office puter. But works for what I need. It stopped for a while and just started again. If I go to mapquest, forget about it.... i have to hit refresh or I just get code.

Fmr jarhead said:
I've been using Mozilla's Firefox for some time, now. I like the pop up blocker, and the speed, not to mention all the tabs I can keep open at once, and not clutter up my desktop.

I LOVE the tabls myself. Keeps ya from having to have so many "windows" open.

freeandfun1 said:
98 - old office puter. But works for what I need. It stopped for a while and just started again. If I go to mapquest, forget about it.... i have to hit refresh or I just get code.
Same thing here. Ok, this is cool...I thought I was just an isolated incident. I'm looking into it now!

-Douglas

Thank so much for the replies everyone! He finally got it!!!! It only took almost a week.

:wtf:

krisy said:
Thank so much for the replies everyone! He finally got it!!!! It only took almost a week.

:wtf:

Well Damn! Don't ya'll keep it a secret..what was the problem? What was the fix? And don't let the week bother ya..had it been in a shop they probably wouldn't have looked at it yet. And he SAVED $$$$....Anyone that is a do-it-yourselfer is okay by me....

He fixed it by doing a bunch of research on the internet. Then someone at his work gave him a link to another message board that helps out with computer problems. he ended up going into MS DOS and copying the hard drive from our first computer to the other hard drive on the second computer,then reinstalled the hard drive and we had a copy of our computer on the second one. Now the kids have their own!!!!!! Happy day!!! DID that make sense? I was trying to type what he was saying.

:tng:

Forum List

Back