Can anyone explain Liz Warrens game plan in not attacking Bernie?

She is pandering for the VP slot
Yep, being the VP on the dem loser ticket really does make her the front runner for 24. Cynicism knows no bounds. but apparently she did the math, and she's just not going to get centrist votes to derail Bernie.
If she had wanted the centrist vote, she needed to change her belief structure or at least try to convince people she had. She is not as far out there as bernie, but not that far from it.
yeah, she ran as Bernielite. She should have run just to the left of Biden, as Gary Hart did. But others tried. In the end, they're a bunch a losers. LOL

I think the dems basic problems were the centrists thought the unifying message should be "I can beat Trump." But the message really needed to be "I can get the Obamacare taxes reinacted and I can show you how to pay for kids' college educations." Biden didn't run on that. Warren was too busy talking about Wall St. Mayor Pete's never really done anything. Kamala Harris and Booker might have done that, but they didn't. To be fair, Obama didn't come up with his stump speech that convinced voters and donors he would win white votes until Iowa. But I'm not sure Harris or Booker ever identified to themselves why they were running. Klobachar is running because the guy who really should be running, Franken, can't.

I wish that Harris and Booker were still in the race. Sadly, they were victims of the fact that two of the least diverse states in the country got the first two contests. That needs to end, and there should be NO MORE CAUCUSES.
I think Booker is a good guy. Harris …. well she's ambitious but so was Obama. Booker needed a guy like Steyer to really buy in.

Yep, being the VP on the dem loser ticket really does make her the front runner for 24. Cynicism knows no bounds. but apparently she did the math, and she's just not going to get centrist votes to derail Bernie.
If she had wanted the centrist vote, she needed to change her belief structure or at least try to convince people she had. She is not as far out there as bernie, but not that far from it.
yeah, she ran as Bernielite. She should have run just to the left of Biden, as Gary Hart did. But others tried. In the end, they're a bunch a losers. LOL

I think the dems basic problems were the centrists thought the unifying message should be "I can beat Trump." But the message really needed to be "I can get the Obamacare taxes reinacted and I can show you how to pay for kids' college educations." Biden didn't run on that. Warren was too busy talking about Wall St. Mayor Pete's never really done anything. Kamala Harris and Booker might have done that, but they didn't. To be fair, Obama didn't come up with his stump speech that convinced voters and donors he would win white votes until Iowa. But I'm not sure Harris or Booker ever identified to themselves why they were running. Klobachar is running because the guy who really should be running, Franken, can't.

I wish that Harris and Booker were still in the race. Sadly, they were victims of the fact that two of the least diverse states in the country got the first two contests. That needs to end, and there should be NO MORE CAUCUSES.
I think Booker is a good guy. Harris …. well she's ambitious but so was Obama. Booker needed a guy like Steyer to really buy in.

Booker is a GREAT guy. He should be on everyone's short list for veep no matter who wins.

Lizzy Cheekbones read the smoke signals: Bernie won't be the nominee

Boy, I'm sure not seeing many ways to stop Bernie. If Liz, Bloomy, Amy and Steyer would get out now it would sure help.
If Bernie wins the primary 1/3 of dems will vote for Trump....
And if Bernie isn't the nominee, 1/3 of primary voters will vote for Jill Stein or some other loon.
Its called a fractured party....you need a leader that can bring the party together....and the dems ain't got one that I can see....

Boy, I'm sure not seeing many ways to stop Bernie. If Liz, Bloomy, Amy and Steyer would get out now it would sure help.
And if Bernie isn't the nominee, 1/3 of primary voters will vote for Jill Stein or some other loon.
Its called a fractured party....you need a leader that can bring the party together....and the dems ain't got one that I can see....
Well the gop was fractured until Trump was nominated, and they united even when just about everyone thought he'd lose for sure. And I think a lot of them hoped he would. LOL

Well the gop was fractured until Trump was nominated, and they united even when just about everyone thought he'd lose for sure. And I think a lot of them hoped he would. LOL
You are right....but when polls show Trump with a 90% approval rating with GOP voters the anti Trump GOP had to fall in line....that's what I mean when I say the dems need a strong leader...but dems don't have one right now....at least not that I can see....

Pet and Amy ran as centrist candidates, hoping to take Bidens place if he was effectively taken out. He vary well may have been effectively, taken out, but the Uncle Joe appeal is not only predicated on being a centrist. Gaffs and a dumbassed son aside, he is a centrist at a time when one is needed, with the experience of working with and building bridges across party lines, and ethnic groups to address issues, from a time when elected politicians seemed to work with some more allegiance to country and people, rather than just party and donor. He has lost a step or two, no appearing as nimble minded as once was, which does not translate well to debate stage. I'll still vote for him with not the slightest regret if he is still running in November. Pete obviously will not inherit. Smart young man, but does not have the experience. Amy could do the job and probably make most of us proud, but she her numbers have not particularly to gone up respectively as Joe has declined. She will not inherit. Either of those two would be a great VP pick. I think my best hope is Bloomberg. He has his warts, but I can live with them easier than holding my nose and clicking Bernie, unless I thought the Democrats were going to control house and senate as well.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ^ The transformation of the Republican Party to the Trumpublican Party is now complete. They will never recover.

Amen on the caucuses. They are a practice from a bygone day. Something about Kamala I never quite trusted of how she got there. Can't explain. Just a feeling, but my feelings have served me well, in fact saved me on occasions. Booker is probably out for the exact reason you put fourth, but the state parties schedule their primaries or caucuses, not the national parties.

Forum List

Back