Calling all Vets

And then it turned in to something else, which is better. Y'all can either choose to respond, or just share hello's to each other. In fact, I think that's a great idea. Those that did not serve can thank you. Those that served can chitchat with each other. Twofold. Hopefully with positive conclusion.:)

Someone here is trying to speak for ALL vets. I wanted to see if this was agreed upon by vets. Hence, the thread.

We are all different.

however

Due to the way we bunk together, it was very hard for some men to dress around "that guy". And the fact that there is little to no choice about who you are around, it occasionally got a little tense.

Humor helped.

That guy happened to be female, lol. Unfortunately for the guys, she wasn't in to guys. So in her situation, I think y'all were safe. :lol:

That guy happened to be female, lol. Unfortunately for the guys, she wasn't in to guys. So in her situation, I think y'all were safe. :lol:

Ok, well the females she bunked with had to change around her.

Imagine this;

you bunk with a bunch of men. Would you like to change cloths and shower in front of them?
:lol:

ok, maybe you would, but you know that would freak most people out.

Ok, well the females she bunked with had to change around her.

Imagine this;

you bunk with a bunch of men. Would you like to change cloths and shower in front of them?
:lol:

ok, maybe you would, but you know that would freak most people out.
I'm not most people. I would love to go back a few years and bunk/shower/clothe myself with a bunch of soldiers. Preferably male. :lol:

I think it's partly about her orientation, and partly about her rather prickly and confrontational persona here. I've defended her on the former, according her the respect due a veteran and a fellow officer (even if she was a Squid:razz:). Obviously, had she done anything detrimental to her unit, the behavior would have come to command official notice, and that would have been that. I doubt there are many of us who never violated any regulations somewhere along the way, and whatever any of he commanders may have "known" or suspected. obviously none of it rose to the level of any feeling they had to know officially what her sexual orientation was (it's not like that never happens with a lot of other things).

That said, I do find her persona as displayed here rather hard to like, for reasons that have nothing to do with her being a lesbian, and everything to do with her constant carping, complaining, and acting like a victim; that probably does not go over well with a lot of vets (or anyone else) here either.

I think it's partly about her orientation, and partly about her rather prickly and confrontational persona here. I've defended her on the former, according her the respect due a veteran and a fellow officer (even if she was a Squid:razz:). Obviously, had she done anything detrimental to her unit, the behavior would have come to command official notice, and that would have been that. I doubt there are many of us who never violated any regulations somewhere along the way, and whatever any of he commanders may have "known" or suspected. obviously none of it rose to the level of any feeling they had to know officially what her sexual orientation was (it's not like that never happens with a lot of other things).

That said, I do find her persona as displayed here rather hard to like, for reasons that have nothing to do with her being a lesbian, and everything to do with her constant carping, complaining, and acting like a victim; that probably does not go over well with a lot of vets (or anyone else) here either.

Exactly. Thank you for getting what I was conveying. Prickly demeanor, not really liking her...that's all understandable. But some asshole bombarding me and saying no vet here would ever defend her because she is a lesbian AND a vet? That's the part that got to me and I wanted to hear it from those he so self righteously was trying to speak for, without their knowledge.

I have no idea who or what you are talking about but I tend to agree with The Gadfly’s post.

I guess now is the time to ask my question(s).

The bode thread where she was being bashed. I was told no vets here would ever "stick up" for her because she is a lesbian, no matter her service to the country because she's a liar and for me to take note on who was NOT "sticking up" for her. I was too lazy to "make note". So I thought I'd just ask the vets to come here in one thread and if they choose to, respond.
So, vets. Do you believe she is not to be honored as a military vet because she is lesbian and is fodder for attacks here and you will stay silent ONLY because she is a vet that is lesbian? (sorry Bode. But I got tired of the rapid fire pms from someone and wanted to put this to rest once and for all).
You do understand how that got started, correct?

It was Bodey trying to claim that she somehow "finished her career more successfully" than an NCO, simply because she retired an officer.

That is not something a vet says to another vet. That is not something any respectful officer would say to an NCO, for the simple fact that NCO's are the backbone of the military. Without competent NCO's, most officers understand they would be left standing with their dick or tit in their hand looking quite stupid,

Last edited:

The bode thread where she was being bashed. I was told no vets here would ever "stick up" for her because she is a lesbian, no matter her service to the country because she's a liar and for me to take note on who was NOT "sticking up" for her. I was too lazy to "make note". So I thought I'd just ask the vets to come here in one thread and if they choose to, respond.
So, vets. Do you believe she is not to be honored as a military vet because she is lesbian and is fodder for attacks here and you will stay silent ONLY because she is a vet that is lesbian? (sorry Bode. But I got tired of the rapid fire pms from someone and wanted to put this to rest once and for all).
You do understand how that got started, correct?

It was Bodey trying to claim that she somehow "finished her career more successfully" than an NCO, simply because she retired an officer.

That is not something a vet says to another vet. That is not something any respectful officer would say to an NCO, for the simple fact that NCO's are the backbone of the military. Without competent NCO's, most officers understand they would be left standing with their dick or tit in their hand looking quite stupid,

That wasn't what I was getting at, WJ. The point is and was, someone chooses to speak for ALL vets. Not because she can be bitchy or confrontational or disrespectful or whatever. Do you want some chickenshit spreading rumor in private, speaking for you? For all vets? Because that is exactly what he was doing.

Not being in the service, I may be ignorant on military ways. But in my mind, or imagination maybe, I always thought military brothers and sisters acknowledged each other for their service because they all have "been there" in battle in some form or another. Disagreements, divisions on opinions, etc, yes. But still considering each other family, so to speak.

You do understand how that got startes, correct?

That is not something a vet says to another vet. That is not something any respectful officer would say to an NCO........Particularly when both are civilians.

NO, it is not, and that one ticked me off when I saw it. That's what I mean about her persona here. Matter of fact, that's not something any good officer would ever say to an NCO. I never looked down on my enlisted personnel. and especially my senior NCOs; those guys were the backbone of any unit, so long as they had officers giving them a modicum of leadership. Never mind who has to salute who; there has to be a level of mutual respect and trust for a unit to function as it should.

I have to spread even more, Gadfly. I'll get back to ya. heh

You do understand how that got startes, correct?

That is not something a vet says to another vet. That is not something any respectful officer would say to an NCO........Particularly when both are civilians.

NO, it is not, and that one ticked me off when I saw it. That's what I mean about her persona here. Matter of fact, that's not something any good officer would ever say to an NCO. I never looked down on my enlisted personnel. and especially my senior NCOs; those guys were the backbone of any unit, so long as they had officers giving them a modicum of leadership. Never mind who has to salute who; there has to be a level of mutual respect and trust for a unit to function as it should.
For me it wasn't about her being a lesbian. I really don't care, that's why I supported doing away with DADT. Just let 'em serve openly. In my opinion, it's much better them serving openly, then knowingly perpetrating a lie.......You can't trust liars. Liars can be easily compromised.

It is up to you all to take me at my word that I truly served. I know I did, my family knows I did, and those who served with me know I did, and that is all that matters to me. I figure its the same for all of you. I will also say that I DO NOT APPROVE of the homosexual life style, and I never will. Bod has a right to speak her mind. Even if we dont like what she has to say, or who she go's to bed with (none of our business). As a fellow human, American (who says offensive things) and as a veteran of the U.S. navy, I will stick up foe Bod. May not agree, but her point is no less valid then anyone else and her service no less in doubt then anyone else on this board. But she is still wrong about almost everything.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back