Calling all Pagans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Said1, May 3, 2009.

1. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    How is Isis honored as a patron Godess? How is any Godess honored within Paganism (sorry if my terminology is off)?

2. Seraega

Seraega Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Paganism isn't one set of beliefs like christianity. It's more of an umbrella term to describe hundreds of religions. There are pagans that pray to virtually any of the old gods/goddesses you could imagine. There are some variations where the feminine deity is at least equal to if not supreme to their masculine counterparts. Wicca is the one I'm most familiar with and can say for certain that it's absolutely true within their beliefs.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i worship hecate. i find your question rather sillie and insulting....i worship my goddess with pray and respect. she is the goddess of witches and the crossroads.

Isis is egyptian so i would imagine that your question is addressed more to kitten. you have lumped all pagans as if we all believe the same things..we do not..it is much more complex than a simple messageboard post can explain.

perhaps you are thinking more of wiccians..they have much more rituals etc...

i simply go out nightly and say what i need to say to hecate....how difficult is that to understand...i have no icons or altars if that is what you are asking...

4. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    and why do you question how we worship to begin with...you will note...we are not here to convert anyone...wiccians convert but most pagans do not "witness" nor try to "convert" christians...

5. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    maybe she couldn't find the answer and was asking for someone to explain how one goes about worshiping isis....what does one actually do....where would one go to learn....

6. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    than ask kitty....if i am not mistaken isis would be her goddess

7. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Chill the FUCK out. If it's to fucken hard to answer like an normal human being would answer a simple question, FUCK OFF.

8. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Or would you prefer to be burned at the stake?

9. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    then why jump in and start assuming paganisim is being attacked.....maybe people are curious....

as for hecate...just did a quick read of some sites....do you worship the greek or roman "version".....and celebrate every 29th or the 13 of aug or 30 nov.....what do the celebrations involve.....

10. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    hey that aint the polite canadas we all hear about...first....not all pagans worship isis...that is the first problem..when you call all pagans....then inquire about one goddess...

here is my what i do....at night i go out...hecate is of the moon...the moon is my totem....so to speak...
    i simple talk to her...prayer if you wish to call it that....do you want the actual words...i begin with ...hecate, mother of all..then say what i have to say...be it good or not...i tend to question things..
    being she is the goddess of the crossroads i ask for her guidance...now this is at night...

during the early morning....i simply smile to her and wish the day goes well

i do have cystals but they are more for healing and things of that nature...

i think of her when decisions are being made...or as people would say..when i reach a cross road...

does that answer your question, sweetie?